The official EDS and academy thread 2011/12

LoveCity said:
mcfcdaytona said:
I suggest that only 2 of the 2nd years have the application to make it as top level pros if they can stay clear of injury.

George Evans and...? Rusnak? Huws?

Edit: Just noticed the 2nd years comment, so you're talking about those who have played for the U18s for 2 seasons? Same question though, who are the two you reckon can make it?

2nd years refers to players that were born between 1st Sept 1993 & 31st Aug 1994 inclusive

I will not name names but suffice to say that I thought Michael Johnson had the wrong attitude/application in the academy & that is a good indication that perhaps leopards do not change their spots.

grrrrrrrrrrrrr i now have it confirmed from this thread.I started another ashort while ago before i scrolled. Im sure we will hear "its not about winning" anytime soon and all that nonsense. At least the rags arent winning it but thats beside the point. A Tad harsh blaming it all on the teenagers and their attitude though.There are more staff there than players isnt there????????????? just a thought

Wasn't Guidetti and Harry Bunn competing with each other for the striker spot in the reserves before? I believe Bunn was hyped as the better of the two, with his name often coming up in the official MCFC website..
What has happened to Bunn now? Is he still in form to be a future star like Guidetti?

Bunn has not been able to cement a first team place on loan at Oldham although did start their last game but the gap between the two couldn't be much bigger at the moment. I mean we're talking about someone who has been on loan at Oldham, Preston, and Rochdale vs. someone who is one of the top scorers in maybe the 6th or 7th best league in Europe and has some of the world's biggest clubs watching him.

Bunn has loads of talent but is struggling to make an impression at senior level so far. I think he could become very good but it'll probably be for another club. Wouldn't surprise me if he goes cheap then is at a notable club within a year or two like Trippier is close to being now if Newcastle follow through with their interest in him.

dissapointing losing the league. my main problem with the academy is attracting top british talent to the club we've missed out on dan smith, seyi ojo and jordon ibe and viktor fischer had a trial with us. i feel we should bring in a foreign coach from a succesful academy to add direction to our academy, i would keep the coaches the same but bring in this foreigner to oversee the academy and make sure were going in the right direction it will hopefully help us attract more talent. were interested in will hughes of derby who has just turnt 17 so hes a first year scholar but played 80 minutes for their first team on the last day of the season. the current u16/u15 age group in england is very much a golden generation im dissapointed that we are attracting more foreign youngsters than british. our next gen hasn't helped our reputation this summer their needs to be a major shakeup in the academy we have some very talented lads but the current setup will let them down. btw seyi ojo is a huge talent hes the best player at his age group ive seen since jack wilshere or ross barkley.

balotelli17 said:
dissapointing losing the league. my main problem with the academy is attracting top british talent to the club we've missed out on dan smith, seyi ojo and jordon ibe and viktor fischer had a trial with us. i feel we should bring in a foreign coach from a succesful academy to add direction to our academy, i would keep the coaches the same but bring in this foreigner to oversee the academy and make sure were going in the right direction it will hopefully help us attract more talent. were interested in will hughes of derby who has just turnt 17 so hes a first year scholar but played 80 minutes for their first team on the last day of the season. the current u16/u15 age group in england is very much a golden generation im dissapointed that we are attracting more foreign youngsters than british. our next gen hasn't helped our reputation this summer their needs to be a major shakeup in the academy we have some very talented lads but the current setup will let them down. btw seyi ojo is a huge talent hes the best player at his age group ive seen since jack wilshere or ross barkley.

What's wrong with our own "top british talent" already in the side? I would imagine that if our young british lads were at Derby they too would be getting 80 mins for them. The gap between us and Derby is huge. How many times have you seen Seyi Ojo by the way? Are you a regular at Melwood? Remember Dean Parrett?

Hard luck to the young lads though, a valuable lesson learnt i hope that will benefit them in the future.

WNRH said:
balotelli17 said:

What's wrong with our own "top british talent" already in the side? I would imagine that if our young british lads were at Derby they too would be getting 80 mins for them. The gap between us and Derby is huge. How many times have you seen Seyi Ojo by the way? Are you a regular at Melwood? Remember Dean Parrett?

Hard luck to the young lads though, a valuable lesson learnt i hope that will benefit them in the future.

never said anything was wrong with our british talent i actually praised them. my problem was that i felt the lack of organisation of the academy could hinder a lot of lads progress and that our player recruitment needed to improve nationally. i wasnt focusing on liverpool or derby either i was focusing on players we had targetted im not concerned about their clubs im concerned about why they turned us down. theres always room for improvement in football im not fussed about the u18 league my main concern is the next gen, gary gardner was the best player in the tournament in the early stages he went on and earned england u21 and made senior appearences for villa, raheem sterling at liverpool has played yesterday for their first team. we were poor in the next gen against europes best we have to improve as an academy to benefit the lads because we have some great talent in the academy.

Any word yet on whether we are again opting out of the reserve league next season? Another early NextGen exit would lead to the same problems with the crop of U18s moving up having nothing to do for most of the season except the odd friendly and regional trophy tournament.

LoveCity said:
Any word yet on whether we are again opting out of the reserve league next season? Another early NextGen exit would lead to the same problems with the crop of U18s moving up having nothing to do for most of the season except the odd friendly and regional trophy tournament.
Theres that u21 premiership league we will enter but I think thats the season after next, surely we cant do what we did this season as the likes of saurez and rekik need more games, they cant go out on loan as we need them for next gen. Then there's the problem of the team just coming together for a game for a month and so are not used to each other like this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.