The official EDS and academy thread 2011/12

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=252485" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=252485</a>

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=253859" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=253859</a>

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=253770&hilit=2+austrians" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=253770&hilit=2+austrians</a>

Are there any more young players we have signed beside pozo and lopes

The Brazilian boy Gabriel Almeida (15yo) and the two Norwegian kids Bersant Celina (17yo) and Martin Samuelsen (15yo) are the only ones I can think of. There were the two Bosnians that were on trial and we were interested in but I think work permits would be a problem signing them permanently. The Hungarian twins coming back for another trial I think.

LoveCity said:
The Brazilian boy Gabriel Almeida (15yo) and the two Norwegian kids Bersant Celina (17yo) and Martin Samuelsen (15yo) are the only ones I can think of. There were the two Bosnians that were on trial and we were interested in but I think work permits would be a problem signing them permanently. The Hungarian twins coming back for another trial I think.
Cant wait to see our u18 team next season

I watched an U16 game at Platt Lane this morning. The U16s beat a Romanian team 6-1. Jose Pozo played and he looks absolute class. He scored 2 and set up the other 4. He looks more of a right winger than a striker. Also there were a couple of others that looked very promising. A Brazilian lad called Gabriel and a local lad called Brandon Barker who scored a hat trick.

AL49 said:
I watched an U16 game at Platt Lane this morning. The U16s beat a Romanian team 6-1. Jose Pozo played and he looks absolute class. He scored 2 and set up the other 4. He looks more of a right winger than a striker. Also there were a couple of others that looked very promising. A Brazilian lad called Gabriel and a local lad called Brandon Barker who scored a hat trick.
sounds promising

There are a few promising local lads coming through the next crop IE Dominic McHale, Brandon Barker, Kean Bryan, Ashley Smith-Brown. Then there's the little Irish fella called Jack Byrne who looks the dogs danglies

Yeah, Benali is a big blue and it's sad he has to go. His farewell message to the club on Twitter was very nice and I hope he does well like Trippier and Mee have.

Bradley Robinson is also leaving from the EDS. Sean Tse is 20 now but hasn't said anything on Twitter about leaving so might survive the cull. Elabdellaoui is another question mark but we might want to keep some of these for the under-21 league, we can't play all 18 year olds against 20/21 year olds from other clubs.

I also expect we'll finally see Cunningham and McGivern sold this summer, possibly Nimely too. Once upon a time all of these could have been first team squad members for us but the level is so different now there's no chance unless they really, really stand out... and even then there are no guarantees (Guidetti). If it was 2006/2007, Trippier would probably be on the bench regularly if still here.

LoveCity said:
Yeah, Benali is a big blue and it's sad he has to go. His farewell message to the club on Twitter was very nice and I hope he does well like Trippier and Mee have.

Bradley Robinson is also leaving from the EDS. Sean Tse is 20 now but hasn't said anything on Twitter about leaving so might survive the cull. Elabdellaoui is another question mark but we might want to keep some of these for the under-21 league, we can't play all 18 year olds against 20/21 year olds from other clubs.

I also expect we'll finally see Cunningham and McGivern sold this summer, possibly Nimely too. Once upon a time all of these could have been first team squad members for us but the level is so different now there's no chance unless they really, really stand out... and even then there are no guarantees (Guidetti). If it was 2006/2007, Trippier would probably be on the bench regularly if still here.

Thanks LoveCity for the update..
I just don't understand why City doesn't loan these youngsters that you mentioned - Cunningham, McGivern, Nimely, who are good players - to proper European clubs that will hopefully develop them like Guidetti, and then, sell them off at a profit, if they're not required.

No cost to City for development, and you would get 2-3mil or a lot more if they became stars, instead of the 300k-500k you'd probably get selling them now (or nowt if being released)

No return on the investment the way things are going right now.. thankfully the U-16s look to be a bright bunch for the future..

Read a good article online about our best EDS and Academy players ....looks promising if the writer knows anything about talent. What players have the best chance to break into the squad in the next year(s) and if so will Mancini give them any chances? With Fair Play Rules coming into effect next year the Academy will become more and more important to supplant our current players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.