The official EDS and academy thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSP said:
That's exactly what I've expected from him, good job Txiki...

Managers come and go but club has to have it's own signature. Adapt or move.

-- Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:11 am --

FantasyIreland said:
MSP said:
I hope we'll see some new academy training staff acquisitions as early as this summer.

A must and i'm sure they'll already be lined up.

No point having the best army if the generals are shite.

Love this line. Churchill? :))
churchill said shite?<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:04 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
Indeed, anything but the best won't be accepted from our youth system in the future. Although I'm not keen on us becoming a "tiki-taka" club, that's just personal taste and I'm not 100% convinced this is the optimal style for English football unless we mix it up a bit.
i think the whole point is to develop our own style,spanish skill ,italian nouse,english heart,dare to dream ,

Great interplay between Emyr Huws and John Guidetti for the equalizing goal against Norwich (see video highlights).Sheer class...........shame they lost to that unfortunate OG right at the death.

What ever happened to Harry Bunn? I remember a point where many thought he might get some first team action and I can't say I've heard anything about him for months. He still doing well?

MC ID said:
What ever happened to Harry Bunn? I remember a point where many thought he might get some first team action and I can't say I've heard anything about him for months. He still doing well?

tore his knee out at the start of a loan spell with Crewe, look really bright back in the reserves but has had a couple of bad loans and then this injury so he has a hell of a lot to do to get back on track, striker turned into a left winger and I never thought it suited him 2bh. Hard worker with a decent dribble and finish on the pitch though so hopefully he'll get back fit and find a club that will give him a fair crack of the whip.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
MC ID said:

tore his knee out at the start of a loan spell with Crewe, look really bright back in the reserves but has had a couple of bad loans and then this injury so he has a hell of a lot to do to get back on track, striker turned into a left winger and I never thought it suited him 2bh. Hard worker with a decent dribble and finish on the pitch though so hopefully he'll get back fit and find a club that will give him a fair crack of the whip.

Ahh thank you, most of my information on our younger players comes from these forums and he seemingly dropped off the face of the planet. Hope he gets a good spell somewhere that needs a striker.

with apologies if posted elsewhere

MAN CITY PLAN GLOBAL GROWTH ON ABU DHABI MODEL
Mar 27, 2013

Eye on the future: Man City continue to cast their eye far and wide for stars of tomorrow.

Manchester City have underlined their plans for international development by revealing details of the growth of their football school in Abu Dhabi.
The Premier League champions' coaching centre in the home emirate of their owners has doubled in size since it opened a year ago and they now boast it to be the biggest in the region.
The MCFC School of Football caters for 550 boys and girls aged between five and 18 and is run by five coaches on weekday evenings and Saturdays.
The success of the centre, based at Zayed Sports City in the UAE capital, could see it become the blueprint for further international projects.
A statement read: "The success of the MCFC School of Football in Abu Dhabi is fast becoming the benchmark for our coaching excellence internationally, with the club currently exploring other destinations around the world for future expansions."
Coaching at the school takes the form of 10-week courses, all of which follow the same training techniques and philosophies of the first team.

Midfielder Javi Garcia has visited the centre during the international break over the past week along with former player, and current football development executive, Patrick Vieira.

City executive Brian Marwood has also recently visited the school and spoke of his belief that the Gulf will prove to be an “important market” as players flourish from better coaching and experience.
"Feedback from the Manchester City School of Football in Abu Dhabi is great and it is not just us who are coaching youngsters out there – it is a growing market for a lot of clubs," Marwood told Sport360 recently.
"There is such enthusiasm, not only for Manchester City, but for the English Premier League and football in general and it is a matter of time before we see players from there. Hopefully when that happens it will be good for Manchester City.”

Former City midfielder Vieira added: "Every time I visit the School of Football, I am amazed at the growing number of kids wanting to learn how to play the City way and how much talent they have at such a young age.
"It's so important to have the correct coaching at a young age, as these early principles and values can ultimately end up driving, guiding and defining you as both a player, and as a person. Watching the kids develop new football and interpersonal skills on and off pitch is what the City School of Football is all about."

City were taken over by Sheikh Mansour's Abu Dhabi United Group in 2008 and their huge investment brought accelerated progress culminating in last year's title win. Their investments off-field have also been significant, and community-focused. Most strikingly a new multi-million pound training complex and academy adjacent to the Etihad Stadium will open next year.
Included in the overall plans for the site were local regeneration initiatives. Land has been donated for a new sixth-form college and public leisure centre to be built next to the complex.

What's this, a new English signing?

Denzeil Boadu has joined us... released by Arsenal in January but a current England U16 international.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/dboadu10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/dboadu10</a>

LoveCity said:
What's this, a new English signing?

Denzeil Boadu has joined us... released by Arsenal in January but a current England U16 international.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/dboadu10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/dboadu10</a>
Interesting signing, it seems he may have been let go due to red tape after they signed him from Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.