Where do you stand on the issue?

• Hughes In

Votes: 542 49.4%
  • Hughes Out

Votes: 359 32.7%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 197 17.9%

• Total voters
Very very sorry i thought Hughes was going to be our man i thought this is our baconface
Shows what thought can do rsc 18mill lescott 24 mill and the rest of the squad looking just as bad
Players turning up as if they are punch drunk players that before Hughes looked brill
If we are to be world class we need a world class manager and he isn't its a waste of time and money having world class players if you cant manage them its like buying a ferrari but cant afford the petrol

Interesting results. I'd have thought the outers would be well out in front. Perhaps they're just the noisiest.

Dead man walking?

Hear me out.

A thought crossed my mind on Saturday whilst i was suffering the depression of us throwing away 2 points yet again, a thought that has festered for the last couple of days whilst i considered whether to post my thoughts.

I looked at our side during the game and felt that we, once again, are missing that "never say die" attitude, the winning mentality that Robbie spoke about. Our team have lost confidence, the fans are quiet and we are feeling rather glum at our run of results.

I look at our "neighbours", a squad that on paper man for man I'm sure most of us would agree should not be so much better than us yet when they take to the pitch they have that belief that they are invincible.

Now i beg the question - has our side lost confidence in Hughes? - his training methods, team selections, formations, tactics, substitutions etc.

Is it feasible that although players always take the field to win a game maybe they are not quite giving their all as they feel that Hughes is one defeat from the sack?

I would think that the players are privy to info that we are not and bearing in mind what we are like for itk stuff on here, maybe certain players are aware that we have sounded out replacements for Hughes?

Is history repeating itself? - we know that last year Hughes won the battle with certain factions within the club however this time the outcome might well be different.....

There is only so much "his" voices within the dressing room can achieve, cliques will have been formed that even Bellamy can't break into and I wonder whether the "powers that be" might have gauged the feelings of certain players and maybe, just maybe, the feedback isn't too glowing.

In summary I wonder whether Hughes is history, maybe he knows it himself, but I certainly get the feeling some of the players are not fighting for him and that one defeat will give our owners the excuse they need.

Dead man walking?

I'm in the in camp at the moment and have argued for him to be given more time but to be honest i'm losing patience like alot of people however the team he put out on saturday was pretty much what everyone on here was asking for last week and it's up to them to perform on the pitch. At least on saturday Lescott and Bridge seemed to be getting it together personnally think Toure was the weakest on saturday but playing next to Richards it seems whoever is there struggles look at Dunne last year.
I feel that it's up top that the main problems lie if we can get a couple of chances early and take them someone will end up on a hiding.

To be honest the amount that are on the fence is more than I thought. Its not necessarily a good thing for the Hughes inners though. To be on the fence (as i am) you have to have serious doubts over Hughes, so your a lot closer to Hughes out than Hughes in.

Defeat tomorrow night and I can see a lot of those on the fence will change to out.

Garry/Khaldoon will be keeping a close eye on this poll you can gurantee it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.