The Official Run In Thread (merged)

Re: Thank God for Man Utd

mammutly said:
Without them this season would be great, but with them it is perfect.

Our greatest and most hated rivals are the ones we have to beat to win the league. You couldn't make it up!

As things stand, it's absolutely the best season I can remember. The only team to challenge us are the rags and (yes, oh yes!) we, who were for so long the underdogs, will end up beating them. It's like a rocky film.

That Monday night in April is going to be epic.

Don't get why people think we will easily win the leauge? Who noes united could easily win the leauge we have hard games coming.
Game by game i will take it but would rather be 10 points clear

Gary Neville's run-in Chart

article-2109766-1204391E000005DC-148_634x605.jpg

Thoughts?

I can see a few indisputable bits where the key at the bottom is off, such as Wigan being a relegation race team but they are green. According to the key they should be yellow.

The importance of the derby (and being positive)

Many have said this will be the decider and I now completely agree.

If we imagine for a minute we win that game we dont have the 2 point lead we have today we actually have a 5 point lead. (ie if we played tomorrow and won we'd be 5 points clear).

So if we do win that game we can (over the course of the other remaining 10 fixtures) actually accrue 5 points less than the rags and still win the league on goal difference (presuming our goal difference remains superior which I'm convined it will).

I for one woud back us to do that. We have accrued 2 points more than them thus far, no reason to think we cant keep up a similar or thereabouts level of points accrude in the final games.

With that 5 point lead we'd be 'allowed' to drop 5 points. It would 'allow' us to lose one and draw one or draw two and even then the rags would have to win their corresponding games.

It really is that important that game.

For the rags, Wigan away should be yellow.

Of ours, Stoke/Swansea/Norwich are more yellow than red tbh. Good form does not equal mid table.

I also reckon that if Newcastle are a red so should Sunderland be.

Sunderland are in great form under MoN.

Stoke away is always a "red", it's like stepping into a war-torn foreign country against rebels who know every choke point and ambush opportunity. They play every top team like it's their last on earth. Beat Spurs, beat Racists, drew with scum, drew with Chelsea. Our post-takeover record there: P4 W0 D2 L2.

Bring it on, game by game as we beat the opposition no matter what fucking colour they are and the rags are still 2 points behind by the time we play them they will know they have to beat us to win the league. :-)

Re: What results do you think we need to win the league

LoveCity said:
Gary Neville on why he reckons his beloved swamp dwellers will win the league. I agree their fixtures are much easier and if they win tomorrow they may well be favourites now but we can do it...

article-2109766-1204391E000005DC-148_634x605.jpg
I'd rather have the last 3 matches we've got than they have. We play them at home and have home advantage vs QPR on the final day while they have to play Sunderland away.

This may seem strange to non City supporters, but I think the fact we have to play positive teams like Swansea, Norwich & Arsenal could be an advantage as our achilles heel has been when team get 10 men behind the ball. Take the West Brom draw and the Everton & Sunderland as a perfect example. I'd rather play open teams as man for man I think we have the better players technically such as Silva, Aguero, Yaya etc.

But lets face it, United haven't been playing fantastic. United fans know it, we know it. They've been grinding out results all season. Spurs were unlucky not to take a 1st half lead today, Norwich shouldn't have lost and before that there was 2 matches which they only won through consecutive 4 penalties! The train will stop at some time when I think we will beat them at our place. We can only win the games in front of us and we just need to maintain the positivity.<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:49 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
Stoke away is always a "red", it's like stepping into a war-torn foreign country against rebels who know every choke point and ambush opportunity. They play every top team like it's their last on earth. Beat Spurs, beat Racists, drew with scum, drew with Chelsea. Our post-takeover record there: P4 W0 D2 L2.
Not surprising, Stoke resembles something of a war zone when I pass through there. I like the analogy though.

The more I look at their run-in the more concerned I get. That said we are the best team in this league by a mile and we should not be overly worrying about trips to Norwich, Swansea and Stoke City!!

We could have done with Spurs getting something today and giving us breathing space but this is City, nothing will ever be straight forward

Re: What results do you think we need to win the league

ste.sully said:
I'd rather have the last 3 matches we've got than they have. We play them at home and have home advantage vs QPR on the final day while they have to play Sunderland away.

This may seem strange to non City supporters, but I think the fact we have to play positive teams like Swansea, Norwich & Arsenal could be an advantage as our achilles heel has been when team get 10 men behind the ball. Take the West Brom draw and the Everton & Sunderland as a perfect example. I'd rather play open teams as man for man I think we have the better players technically such as Silva, Aguero, Yaya etc.

But lets face it, United haven't been playing fantastic. United fans know it, we know it. They've been grinding out results all season. Spurs were unlucky not to take a 1st half lead today, Norwich shouldn't have lost and before that there was 2 matches which they only won through consecutive 4 penalties! The train will stop at some time when I think we will beat them at our place. We can only win the games in front of us and we just need to maintain the positivity.

Definitely agree with your overall sentiment, they are papering over the cracks.

However, from a completely objective point of view, I do think they deserved to win at Norwich. They could have scored about 4 times before Giggs got the winner. Hard to deny them that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.