The Official Run In Thread (merged)

Re: Gary Neville's run-in Chart

SuperYaya said:
article-2109766-1204391E000005DC-148_634x605.jpg

Thoughts?

I can see a few indisputable bits where the key at the bottom is off, such as Wigan being a relegation race team but they are green. According to the key they should be yellow.
How can any City home game be a red? We've won every single one this season!

Has a team ever not won the league with the most goals scored, the fewest goals conceded and the best goal difference?

What's the most points United have finished a season with?

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
SuperYaya said:

Thoughts?

I can see a few indisputable bits where the key at the bottom is off, such as Wigan being a relegation race team but they are green. According to the key they should be yellow.
How can any City home game be a red? We've won every single one this season!

With respect to swansea, that is an ideal game for us - a team that plays football, totally none physical game. there is no way that should be a red. chelsea should be an amber at worst. Also sunderland away for them should be a red imo

SuperYaya said:

Thoughts?

Another way to look at it ? ...

11 Games remaining, 2 points ahead.

3 Games are the same (Wolves, WBA & QPR). United will not do any better (or worse) than we do in those games. So it's effectively 8 games left and 2 points ahead.

Let's throw in a win against them at the end of April, meaning 5 points ahead with 7 unique games to be played.

I don't think they can gain 6 points on us over those 7 unique games (We have better goal difference).

I'm positive, but not cocky :D

that charts bullshit, go to the bookies and bet acordingly to the colours win,draw,lose put a quid on each game and you'l lose your money

Liam Brady just made a very good point on RTE, when asked about the run in.

Yes, he agreed, Utd's looks the easier run in on paper but he doesn't fear for City. City have the meanest defence in the league and strikers who can score out of nothing. They can beat anybody if they set their mind to it - and they probably will.

So THAT'S why he's never on Sky.

Re: What results do you think we need to win the league

SuperYaya said:
ste.sully said:
I'd rather have the last 3 matches we've got than they have. We play them at home and have home advantage vs QPR on the final day while they have to play Sunderland away.

This may seem strange to non City supporters, but I think the fact we have to play positive teams like Swansea, Norwich & Arsenal could be an advantage as our achilles heel has been when team get 10 men behind the ball. Take the West Brom draw and the Everton & Sunderland as a perfect example. I'd rather play open teams as man for man I think we have the better players technically such as Silva, Aguero, Yaya etc.

But lets face it, United haven't been playing fantastic. United fans know it, we know it. They've been grinding out results all season. Spurs were unlucky not to take a 1st half lead today, Norwich shouldn't have lost and before that there was 2 matches which they only won through consecutive 4 penalties! The train will stop at some time when I think we will beat them at our place. We can only win the games in front of us and we just need to maintain the positivity.

Definitely agree with your overall sentiment, they are papering over the cracks.

However, from a completely objective point of view, I do think they deserved to win at Norwich. They could have scored about 4 times before Giggs got the winner. Hard to deny them that.
Possibly. They have easier run of 7 matches than us, but the last 3 suit us, particularly if we maintain the 2 point lead heading into the derby.

I just think man for man they are inferior. I don't think we'd lose 6-1 at home to them and I don't think we would lose 3-2 to Blackburn at home. When you consider those matches, then I think we are favourites as we have been the most consistent throughout the season.

Re: Thank God for Man Utd

sergiokun said:
mammutly said:
Without them this season would be great, but with them it is perfect.

Our greatest and most hated rivals are the ones we have to beat to win the league. You couldn't make it up!

As things stand, it's absolutely the best season I can remember. The only team to challenge us are the rags and (yes, oh yes!) we, who were for so long the underdogs, will end up beating them. It's like a rocky film.

That Monday night in April is going to be epic.[/

Don't get why people think we will easily win the leauge? Who noes united could easily win the leauge we have hard games coming.
Game by game i will take it but would rather be 10 points clear
mammutly is right.

every game is hard,if you dont work hard enough,its relegation.if you do work hard enough,you may end up with the biggest prize of all.same for them too.

I am convinced we will win it simply BECAUSE the gap is small and our fixtures are seemingly more challenging. Somone made a great point about us preferring to play open footballing sides with none of our opponents really having anything to lose now. The worst we could face is the Evertons and Wigans aways of this world who stay in their trenches kicking lumps out of us. The derby is at home for us to win, and as long as we can stop those fucking crosses on which they are totally dependent for goals, we'll play them off the park. Let's just look to the next game at Swansea and focus on nothing else at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.