The Official Run In Thread (merged)

Re: Our red neighbours

everybody saying the rags will win the prem because of their vast experience and their winning mentality, if i get my wish, and im sure i will, all these fuckers will be eating huge amounts of humble pie come the end of may.

CTID

The way I'm looking at it is that we can afford to drop 5 points in comparison to the scum over the next 8 games and it would mean that come derby day we would be, at worst, 3 points behind them.

Win the derby, back in front with 2 games to go.

Of course this doesn't take into account any rearranged games, like Chelsea, but you get my drift....

Rammy Blue said:
The way I'm looking at it is that we can afford to drop 5 points in comparison to the scum over the next 8 games and it would mean that come derby day we would be, at worst, 3 points behind them.

Of course this doesn't take into account any rearranged games, like Chelsea, but you get my drift....

many differnt permutations,say we drew the next 3 games and they won there 3 (that sounds like we would be fucked) but infact if we beat them there would only be 1 point in it, the 2 point gap we have is a bit of a safety net pitty though its not 5 or 6 points

marco said:
Rammy Blue said:

many differnt permutations,say we drew the next 3 games and they won there 3 (that sounds like we would be fucked) but infact if we beat them there would only be 1 point in it, the 2 point gap we have is a bit of a safety net pitty though its not 5 or 6 points
Being 1pt behind them after winning the derby is absolutely no use whatsoever. We would be fucked in that scenario.

I am depressed about it at the moment i'll make no bones about it, but there's always belief that you will do it. What else is there left?

I have a bad feeling we might crumble psychologically if they get in front of us tho.

At the end of the day all this worry is in our minds.
We just have to wait and see how it unfolds.

The Pope said:
As big Vince said: "Pressure is a creation of your own mind. If you think about it, it doesn't actually exist."

Good morning all.............................. Now may I appeal for a bit of calm and a sense of reason here.

1. We are two points ahead of The Rags by virtue of hard work NOT luck OR Favours.

2. We have the same number of games to play as The Rags both home and away, and if come the final day of the season they are ahead of us, it will be because the better team has won over the course of 38 games.

3. We have scored the most and conceded the least goals, won the most matches and lost the least so far and broken all manner of records whilst doing so.

4. For the last 2 months they have gone into PR overdrive employing the age-old tactic of 'If you repeat something often enough, people will start to believe it.' But has it worked.....Yet?

5. They have tried to intimidate our players..... Tried hard, but failed miserably!

6. They have tried to get to the players through our manager........ Again tried hard, but failed miserably!

7. Now they are trying to get through to the manager and players through us the fans.......... Again tried hard, but failed so far!!!! The story is yet to be written, let's not give them our own pen to write our seasons obituary!

When The Rags talk about a winning mentality, this is exactly what they mean. It's a mentality that is there from the manager, the players, the fans down to the tea ladies. We as fans need to grow a pair and do our bit for our team........... We need to look the fuckers coldly in the eyes and ruthlessly drive home our advantage. This is a case of who blinks first and the more we keep doing what we need to do, the more the pressure will increase on them.

Have any doubters considered this: Imagine you're trying everything in your powers and launching everything in your arsenal at something in an attempt to destabilise it, but nothing seems to be working, are you telling me you'd be confident that it was just a matter of time before your tactics worked, or would you be quietly shitting yourself thinking 'What the fuck, I've tried everything and they're still there! Now what!' The Rags have no other recourse left open to them but to continue trying to destabilise us because apart from the derby, it's all they have left!!!!

Everytime we've fucked up this season, so have they!!! When push has come to shove, they are the ones who have choked, what makes any of us think that's gonna change any time soon?

It has been said many times so I'll use my bit of psychology to illustrate the attitude we must take:

1. I know whose position I'd rather be in.

2. Take the rest of the season one game at a time and make sure we win them all..... The rest will take care of itself!!!

Re: Our red neighbours

BlueTony said:
Keep the faith.

The future is bright, Bright Blue!

...do you have an insight in to next season's kit or something? - I assume you must work at puma.....can we have pics?<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:29 am --<br /><br />
Dubai Blue said:
The Pope said:
As big Vince said: "Pressure is a creation of your own mind. If you think about it, it doesn't actually exist."

...."pass me the lavatory paper" added Vince calmly....

We are a different team now, a perfect example is last season.

We had to go on an incredible last season to get the last Champions league spot.

No one thought we would will all those games on the trot to get the last spot but we did it.

IMO it will Utd that crumble at the end of the season, it will be the last 5 games when the fun and games start.

The only games I particularly fear are Arsenal away who for me are still the best side we have played at home this year and where we never win (Except against their reserves in the cup) and Stoke away where you never know what might happen with their throw ins, Bombard the box type tactics.

Swansea and Norwich play in a way that should suit us, Wolves are shit and Newcastle will hopefully have nothing to play for by the time we go there.

I fear no one at home.

Still might come down to the fcking point we pissed down the toilet at Sunderland and the rags coming back from 3-0 at Chelsea. Fine margins!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.