The Official Run In Thread (merged)

Lots of flapping and throwing in the towel going on here.

Its still in our hands. If we don't win the title then fairdo's. We'll give it a shot again next year.

Being a blue is being on a rollercoaster. Enjoy the ride.

CTID

Way I see it is that we need to win 8 of our remaining 11 games, including the derby. That's all 5 home games and any 3 away. That will give us 90 points minimum and mean the rags can only get 94 maximum. However they will drop 4 more points I believe so won't get more than 90. It could go down to goal difference at worst, even if we lose the other three away games.

After 27 Games 2010-2011
•United 60 Points 36 Goal Difference
•City 49 Points 19 Goal Difference

United went on to win the league with 80 Points and 41 Goal Difference

After 27 Games 2011-2012
•City 66 Points 50 Goal Difference
•United 64 Points 39 Goal Difference

Improvement between 2010-2011 & 2011-2012
•City 17 Points 31 Goal Difference
•United 4 Points 3 Goal Difference

People are saying that Swansea suit our style, but they've conceded the least at home out of all the teams we play away.

For me that game's a real red flag.

That said, I reckon we'll pip them.

Everybody is going on about fixtures, easier run in etc. But, ask yourselves this, would United swap fixtures, points tally and GD with us right now? The answer would be yes. They would rather be top with the superior GD as the best team can win hard games anyway. If we are the best team in the league we will win most of our remaining fixtures.

Its quite simple really, take one game at a time and win. We can afford 2 slip ups from the 10 games against other teams and keep it in our own hands.

ManCitizens. said:
Everybody is going on about fixtures, easier run in etc. But, ask yourselves this, would United swap fixtures, points tally and GD with us right now? The answer would be yes. They would rather be top with the superior GD as the best team can win hard games anyway. If we are the best team in the league we will win most of our remaining fixtures.

Its quite simple really, take one game at a time and win. We can afford 2 slip ups from the 10 games against other teams and keep it in our own hands.

That's how I see it. 9 wins out of 11 including against United allows 2 slip-ups provided goal difference remains better or about the same. Continue to grind out 1-0 away wins like at Wigan and Villa will do for me and if we're in a position where we're top if we beat United at the end of April, I'll happily settle for that.

If we do as well in a next run of theoretically tougher fixtures as they have done in theirs in recent weeks then we will be champions. If we don't and their form continues then we won't be and won't deserve to be.

We are quite capable of a strong finish. Look at last year and certainly have the team and squad for it even more so this year.

I'm sorry to say I really think the title is United's to lose this year.

Their home fixtures are just guaranteed points, whereas our aways I look at and think I'd take a point. The true gap is 5 points as I think we will beat them at home however I can only see us getting a point at Swansea, Stoke, Arse.

That's 6 dropped points minimum and United to win all their remaining.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Way I see it is that we need to win 8 of our remaining 11 games, including the derby. That's all 5 home games and any 3 away. That will give us 90 points minimum and mean the rags can only get 94 maximum. However they will drop 4 more points I believe so won't get more than 90. It could go down to goal difference at worst, even if we lose the other three away games.

In the last five seasons, the champions have never taken more than 26 points from their last 11 games and have averaged just over 24.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.