The Official Run In Thread (merged)

There is nothing I would like more to beat them in a title decider at our place. It would make it far more sweeter than beating them by a significant number of points. It would give us bragging rights for a generation.

Bring it on.

And I agree with sjk2008's point that we can afford 2 draws in the next 8 games provided we win the derby.

Referee for Swansea is Lee Mason. Could be worse, he did the 0-0 against West Brom most recently.

As I've posted earlier I'm sure we'll win the league...but it's looking more and more likely we could be in for an epic possible typical City moment against QPR. Champs & relegate them or second and they stay up. It'd be a scary afternoon for us all not to mention Agent Hughes.

Jumanji said:
And I agree with sjk2008's point that we can afford a loss and a draw in the next 8 games provided we win the derby.

There is of course a slight chance however that your goal difference advantage over them at the moment could be severly reduced, possibly even surpassed if they can maintain the clinical form they showed against Spurs.

Home games against WBA, Fulham, QPR, Villa & Everton could easily be something like +12 and away games against Wolves, Wigan & Blackburn could be something like +10.

Obviously it's all ifs and buts, but, if my prediction of them winning all 8 games prior to the derby comes true, GD wont be anywhere near as a big a gap as it is now. Unless of course of course you proceed to maul everyone who comes in your way which never seems to be a problem at The Etihad!

sjk2008 said:
Jumanji said:
And I agree with sjk2008's point that we can afford a loss and a draw in the next 8 games provided we win the derby.

There is of course a slight chance however that your goal difference advantage over them at the moment could be severly reduced, possibly even surpassed if they can maintain the clinical form they showed against Spurs.

Home games against WBA, Fulham, QPR, Villa & Everton could easily be something like +12 and away games against Wolves, Wigan & Blackburn could be something like +10.

Obviously it's all ifs and buts, but, if my prediction of them winning all 8 games prior to the derby comes true, GD wont be anywhere near as a big a gap as it is now. Unless of course of course you proceed to maul everyone who comes in your way which never seems to be a problem at The Etihad!

West Brom, Fulham and Everton seem to have run into a little bit of form recently and I'm hoping it'll continue

sjk2008 said:
Jumanji said:

-If rags win their next 8 games, they will have 88 points.
-If we draw twice (Arse, Chelsea for example), we will have 86 points.

-Win the derby at home and we will have 89 points (rags with 88).

-Win our last 2 games, (Newcastle A, QPR H) and the trophy is ours.

Of course, it's useless trying to conjecture these things as the unexpected can and will happen but when you look at it like this, there's still some reason to be optimistic. It's in our hands but the derby will be the decider imo.

RabidCity said:
I'm sorry to say I really think the title is United's to lose this year.

Their home fixtures are just guaranteed points, whereas our aways I look at and think I'd take a point. The true gap is 5 points as I think we will beat them at home however I can only see us getting a point at Swansea, Stoke, Arse.

That's 6 dropped points minimum and United to win all their remaining.

The I'd take a point mentality has long gone, have a close look at our squad.

Do you still believe?

MSP said:
count it again :)

If we lost one and draw one, and they win all, they'd be 3 up in front of derby
You're right. *facepalm*

We can afford 2 draws then.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:44 am --<br /><br />
sjk2008 said:
MSP said:
count it again :)

If we lost one and draw one, and they win all, they'd be 3 up in front of derby

Eh?

I think you should be the one re counting matey....
MSP is right. A draw and a loss would be 5 points dropped.

We can afford to drop 4 points: 2 draws.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.