The OFFICIAL Spurs V City Match Thread.

Tough match to watch but a good point in the end. A week on the training track will do us the world of good.

macmanson said:
BWFC tid said:
Spurs has 22 shots on goal. I don't think you can say the defence played well at all, apart from Hart. If Given was playing it would have been 5-0.

Forget about Milner, you need a right back and a center back ASAP.

Please forget about Milner. I'm one of the few who don't want this guy at all. Nothing to do with Ireland. I just don't see him enhancing the team any in my opinion. We have other positions as priority at the moment such as a better 2nd keeper when Shay goes and a top class CB wouldn't kill us.

errr if we stick to a similar formation Milner would be MUCH more productive than Barry IMO, and that's where he'd slot in. expect Balo to slot in where sweep was. that said i'm not sure about this 433 thing, doesn't seem to allow Ade and Tevez in hte game at the same time.

as for ppl claiming our defense was poo except for Hart do let's remember some great plays such as that one throughball directly in front of goal that Vinnie K cleared without so much as mussing the attacker's hair. our defense in this match was better than they looked at any point last season imo....

and. will. get. better.

Hart 9
Richards 3
Kolo 7
Kompany 5
Kolarov 5
Barry 6
Yaya 4
NDJ 6
Silva 5
SWP 3
Tevez 8

Johnson 6
Adebayor 5

I hope Kolarov and Boateng are fit for Liverpool.

Spurs are a very good side.

Decent result. Still a lot of cohesion needed but give us a few wees and we will be there. I'm not sure about Tevez up front on his own. I'd play a Diamond.

.......................Hart.......................
Boateng......Kolo.....Kompany......Kolarov
......................De Jong...................
..........Yaya....................Silva.........
.......................tevez......................
..............Adebayor...Balotelli............

The bench picks itself. Boateng and Kolarov can baomb on and provide the width.

There is room to cange to a 4-2-3-1 also when playing a diamond. If nesesary stick Yaya and Nige as th holding two. with balo down the right and Silva down the left and keep Tevez behind Ade... That's just me though ;-P

moomba said:
Tough match to watch but a good point in the end. A week on the training track will do us the world of good.

correct moomba,we havnt even had all the squad together in training, i would be inclined to leave tevez silva boateng at home for thursday unless they insist on going

Very good point. Improvement on last season's result.

Need to improve our passing and attacking options. Tevez played too deep and we had no real goal threat.

Micah had problems with Bale but then again a lot of defenders will struggle against Bale this season.

Mancini will improve things in the next few weeks.

Spurs have got a settled side and they were playing at home. Our lads have only just been introduced. The thing is that if there are any long term injuries to their team they dont have a lot of depth whereas we do so throughout the season I can oonly see us sustaining a challenge in all competitions whereas they have to hope that some of players are injured

Cobwebcat said:
Hart 9
Richards 3
Kolo 7
Kompany 5
Kolarov 5
Barry 6
Yaya 4
NDJ 6
Silva 5
SWP 3
Tevez 8

Johnson 6
Adebayor 5

I hope Kolarov and Boateng are fit for Liverpool.

Spurs are a very good side.

Kompany was at least an 8 and Tevez no mre than a 6. Not his faul but he looked lost at times up there alone today.

marco said:
moomba said:

correct moomba,we havnt even had all the squad together in training, i would be inclined to leave tevez silva boateng at home for thursday unless they insist on going

If I continue to shake like that during every match this season, I don't think I'll make it to Xmas!

Get 'em on the coach quick before we're charged with Daylight Robbery!

What a marker Hart has put down for the rest of the season. You could see the confidence drain out of the Spurs forwards as more and more saves were made. Psychologically this was a "massive" result and performance for him and the defence. Other teams will notice, especially after the wankfest that Alan Hansen is going to lead on MOTD.

We can only get better as an attacking force. If only we had a few more options available to us!

Overall, very happy...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.