The official statement from Carlos Tevez.

I think someone somewhere has bottled it. What a strange week. Hands in transfer request onMonday and then despite this the club issue massive statements on os about how he is staying and loves it here. Something strange is a foot but when push comes to shove you have to side with the club first and crazy agents second.

Blue Mooner said:
I might be on my own here but I don't completely blame Tevez its his leech of an agent.

Lets face it he was effectively owned by Joorabchian and has been a puppet of his most of his career. Tevez may have seen other players coming in on more money and wanted more but its his agent that is controlling the whole situation.

He's probably told Tevez to leave it him to get him more money and he stands to make a further fortune out of getting him a transfer.

TBH whilst he is still with us as long as he is still busting a gut on the pitch for the club then I'm not going to give him abuse I just no longer idolise him. Its clear Joorabchian has got this tactic from the Rooney saga but it can't work in the same way as he still has 3 1/2 years on his contract as opposed to 18 months.

i agree with wat your saying but wat about this wat if Tevez/Joorabchian offer to buy the remainder of his contract out and Joorabchian helps to pay it out then he could have the rights again like when he arrived in england and then he would make a lot more(%) out of any future deals thats if its his agent is making the problems

I don't think we can compare it with anything else he's done in his career due to the fact we paid the price for his third party agreement to be terminated, we welcomed him into the City family and we made him the focal point of our team, including making him captain. In return, we asked that he gave the full amount on the pitch until his contract was up or he wasn't suitable in the team.

He's now gave up on us, and in my opinion, let the shit hit the fan. Our team isn't as half as good without him and there's difficulties signing a player of his quality during the January window.

Hero to zero in a matter of hours.

The bigger question is why was he involved with executives, or whether they choose to get involved with the players.

Tevez is leaving the club. We are tied for first on points, second after tomorrow.

I feel this month will a time for braving the storm or being blown away. The 'typical City' route will have us dropping points and losing to clubs at home, appearing to lose our focus, and not scoring due to the distraction of Carlos Tevez.

The metamorphosis route will have us roaring in defiance of Typical City by scoring lots of goals and continuing to play solid defence in the absence of Tevez-- continuing to win. West Ham was not an indicator of anything; we faced the poorest side in the PL and won.

Almost everyone in the world will expect Typical City. If we defy expectations at our lowest point, would that not permanently erase the specter of Typical City? The January transfer window will not be a rescue plan since most of the potential signings in January have never played in the PL. It's time for AJ, Balotelli, Silva, and Yaya to harmonize into a cohesive unit to carry the load.

So he loves the fans, he is happy with manager and owner, what gives?
He left the swamp because they didn't offer him a contract he felt he deserved, so must have been happy with what we offered him.
His explanation for wanting to leave is a breakdown with the board. Bit of a soft cop out.
IMO this all money related

It stinks of Rooney/stretford

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=852600&sec=transfers&root=transfers&cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/st ... rs&cc=5739</a>
Tevez doesn't care for the ambience at City, dislikes the way the club is run, and is not afraid to voice those concerns, which will swiftly make his tenure at the club untenable.

To listen to my source explain the thought-process of Tevez's momentous decision left me with no doubt about the strength of feeling of the player's desire to quit the club. And the reasons are far too complex to pin it down to one reason.

Here is the explanation: "Let's make it clear that at the end of the summer Carlos Tevez wanted to leave the club, and he had made that clear to the senior management team at the club. But the player's representatives and the board at City together convinced him to give it a go and see if there was a means of making him change his mind and stay.

"They told him, 'you are our warrior, the most important player at the club, and we want you to stay a long time'. However, Tevez was made a lot of promises, and they have not been forthcoming, and there has been a strong disagreement with the senior management of the club.

"There was talk of a new contract, but to offer him more money, it would have to come with an extension to that contract. Negotiations went on, they made an offer, there was a counter offer, and then it went cold.

"But the club made a very generous offer of a bonus for this season, just for the one season. It was a huge number. But Carlos said no. He did not want to take the money. It was almost like hush money, to prevent him talking publicly about the problems behind the scenes, and he felt he could not do that.

"The club wanted to continue to re-negotiate his contract but he turned it down, and told the club more recently that he could no longer carry on."

The reasons are varied. My source continued: "His family are in Argentina, a three-year-old and a newly-born. He has had his problems with the senior management and also the manager Robert Mancini, although his relationship with his manager is not irreparable.

"He is in a foreign county and not happy at his work. So, to commit to the next five years he has to make a lot of personal sacrifice, but if you are not happy where you work, if you're miserable at work, and you are missing your family at the same time, it becomes more understandable why he wants to leave.

"He has now put in a transfer request, the club have turned it down, and he is now making a statement, and will have to think very carefully about what he does next. Would he play again for the club? Yes, if they want him to, why not?

"Would he move to Italy or Spain? Yes, he would, he is just not happy where he is. He is also a strong character and he resents the insinuation that he was manipulated into this decision by his advisors. This is his decision alone. He is insulted by the allegation that others manipulated him into it. This is his personal decision.

"Would he walk away from the game, if he is forced to stay at City? Yes, he might. It cannot be ruled out."

TFC said:
"Since signing for Manchester city, I have enjoyed playing for the supporters. They have welcomed me to the club and I regret that it has come to this.

"They deserve success as reward for their passionate and patient support. The club is very fortunate to have supporters like these. Anybody who has watched me play for Manchester City cannot question my commitment and passion for the club whenever I have worn the shirt.

"However, I can confirm I have handed a transfer request to the chairman of Manchester City Football Club. Now I need to clear my head and think because this is an important part of my career. My feelings have not changed and it is regrettable we have reached this situation but It is something I have felt for some time and have spent many hours thinking this through.

"I wanted to leave in the summer, but was convinced to return to the club. Sadly, my feelings have not changed. I hugely resent the management's suggestions that I have been unduly influenced by others. I am disappointed that the management should now see fit to try to portray the situation in another light.

"My relationship with certain executives and individuals at the club has broken down and is now beyond repair. I do not wish to expand on this at this stage. They know, because I have told them. I wish to clarify that I have no personal issue with the manager Roberto Mancini.

"I could have signed an improved contract, offered by the club during this season; however this decision is not about money. I have made that clear to both the board and the management on several occasions. The owner has been very generous with what he has offered to me. I would like to thank Sheik Mansour for his understanding and support.

"I want to thank the supporters for making me welcome at Manchester City and hope they agree I have given my all for the club on the pitch."

Thanks for the kind words Carlos. We are passionate, some are patient and any club would do well to have supporters like us. But there's no way you can butter me up here son!

This is pathetic, a fuckin disgrace in fact! He's either being used like a doormat by Joorabchian or hiding behind his name whilst being a greedy c'unt. Either way it's not good!

As the seventh highest earning player in world football and having achieved nothing with us yet - yes he's played extemely well but he's won us nothing - where the fuck does he get his audacity to demand more money? He is nowhere near as good as the real Ronaldo from 1996-2004, not even close to being as good as him. Yet even if we had him and won the league and he scored 40 goals, if he started this kind of shit I'd want rid.

Carlos I appreciate your hard work, determination, goals and help in getting us to 5th spot last season; but from now on you are nothing to me! Leave the door open on yer way out for two reasons: one, so you can hear my sing "Herman Munsters Head" and two, so your replacement can come here and be welcomed!

FUCK OFF!

[a message to anyone from the club reading this thread (I know there will be, and hi guys!) - please DO NOT even think about giving this fucker a new and improved contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=852600&sec=transfers&root=transfers&cc=5739
Tevez doesn't care for the ambience at City, dislikes the way the club is run, and is not afraid to voice those concerns, which will swiftly make his tenure at the club untenable.

To listen to my source explain the thought-process of Tevez's momentous decision left me with no doubt about the strength of feeling of the player's desire to quit the club. And the reasons are far too complex to pin it down to one reason.

Here is the explanation: "Let's make it clear that at the end of the summer Carlos Tevez wanted to leave the club, and he had made that clear to the senior management team at the club. But the player's representatives and the board at City together convinced him to give it a go and see if there was a means of making him change his mind and stay.

"They told him, 'you are our warrior, the most important player at the club, and we want you to stay a long time'. However, Tevez was made a lot of promises, and they have not been forthcoming, and there has been a strong disagreement with the senior management of the club.

"There was talk of a new contract, but to offer him more money, it would have to come with an extension to that contract. Negotiations went on, they made an offer, there was a counter offer, and then it went cold.

"But the club made a very generous offer of a bonus for this season, just for the one season. It was a huge number. But Carlos said no. He did not want to take the money. It was almost like hush money, to prevent him talking publicly about the problems behind the scenes, and he felt he could not do that.

"The club wanted to continue to re-negotiate his contract but he turned it down, and told the club more recently that he could no longer carry on."

The reasons are varied. My source continued: "His family are in Argentina, a three-year-old and a newly-born. He has had his problems with the senior management and also the manager Robert Mancini, although his relationship with his manager is not irreparable.

"He is in a foreign county and not happy at his work. So, to commit to the next five years he has to make a lot of personal sacrifice, but if you are not happy where you work, if you're miserable at work, and you are missing your family at the same time, it becomes more understandable why he wants to leave.

"He has now put in a transfer request, the club have turned it down, and he is now making a statement, and will have to think very carefully about what he does next. Would he play again for the club? Yes, if they want him to, why not?

"Would he move to Italy or Spain? Yes, he would, he is just not happy where he is. He is also a strong character and he resents the insinuation that he was manipulated into this decision by his advisors. This is his decision alone. He is insulted by the allegation that others manipulated him into it. This is his personal decision.

"Would he walk away from the game, if he is forced to stay at City? Yes, he might. It cannot be ruled out."
two words,cods wallop,or heres another two,absolute bollox

None of this adds up does it ?

He doesn't speak much English but has fallen out with some executives.
He is homesick but the club have talked about extending his contract.
Jorabchian makes more money when Tevez leaves a club and signs for someone else.
Jorabchian is also Hughes's agent who City sacked and brought in someone new.
Tevez doesn't get on with Mancini according to the tabloids, but in his statement he says he has no problem with Mancini, the owner, or the fans.
The Qatari's (who are related to the Abu Dhabi royal family) have invested in a large sponsorship deal with Barca who might be interested in Tevez, but were skint until recently.
The chief exec at Barca is mates with Cook and Marwood from Nike connections.
The transfer window is about to open and City are rumoured to be looking at other strikers.

Whether Tevez leaves in January, next summer or even later, I believe he was always going to leave us before his contract runs out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.