The Official Summer Transfer Update Thread - 2/5/10 9pm

Re: The Official Transfer Update Thread - Update: 22:50 (09/01)

Blu KB said:
The Game 77 said:
What do you guy think of going in for Torres now that Rafa Benitez has admitted if they cannot get in to the champions league they will have to sell him or Gerrard to off set the loss of the money they would get if they got in to the top 4.
With us and Spurs and Villa all chasing that spot it does seem it will take a massive effort from Liverpool just to make up the ground they have lost.
And with really only a few of the bin dippers squad looking like they are bothered its seems more likely they will miss out.
So why not throw a cheeky £50 million bid in for Torres now and see what happens.
Remember they are also fighting it out in the Uefa cup and with there injury problems and form loss that could be the nail in the coffin for there hopes of a top 4 finish.
If they don't make the top 4 will the likes of Barca , Madrid , Chelsea try and get him on the cheap knowing that Liverpool would desprate for the cash ?
So why not try now and see what happens it could be a win win situation for both clubs now if the deal was done in January.
To be honest i cannot see him leaving in January but football is a funny old game and anything and everything can happen

Regardless of how many attackers we have at the club, passing up an opportunity to go for Torres would be a foolish decision. As good as our strikers are, they are not as clinical as Torres can be so he have to give this a go.

A massive thumbs up for me.

here here,,, at the very least it would unsettle him, and the fans and make it even harder for them to make up the ground on us!! i say go for it

Re: The Official Transfer Update Thread - Update: 22:50 (09/01)

The Game 77 said:
What do you guy think of going in for Torres now that Rafa Benitez has admitted if they cannot get in to the champions league they will have to sell him or Gerrard to off set the loss of the money they would get if they got in to the top 4.

coming out in the press like that is the biggest hint going. Get bidding for Torres.

Re: The Official Transfer Update Thread - Update: 12:17 (12/01)

The fact that this thread hasn't been updated for over 4 days speaks volumes. This has been an extremely quiet window thus far, I'm beginning to wonder whether Mancini will bring anyone in other than Vieira.

Matty said:
The fact that this thread hasn't been updated for over 4 days speaks volumes. This has been an extremely quiet window thus far, I'm beginning to wonder whether Mancini will bring anyone in other than Vieira.
Thats true, but...... It's not just us, there seems nothing major happening at all, when the main transfer headline of any day reads "Galatasaray sign Everton defender Lucas Neill"you know there is something very odd going down around the country!

im starting to think they should just scrap the transfer window, if its going to be like this every year, whats the point?

Matty said:

i agree with you Matty but hope we're both wrong and hope Mancini does bring someone in. Don't forget this is the time of year where we're sorting out our acadamy team for next year so we willl be talking to clubs about some of their foreign kids

Re: The Official Transfer Update Thread - Update: 13:25 (15/01)

It seems to me that we are done with the transfer window, I really hope we go for a big name. But, it doesn't seem the case.

Re: The Official Transfer Update Thread - Update: 13:25 (15/01)

We need players in certain positions, it's glaring. Both fullback positions need a serious upgrade, the right side particularly. Richards is better as a centre half, although not a starting one at this point, and Zabaleta is too hot headed. His foul cost us against Everton and he's done the same thing in a similar position several times before. Up front and in midfield we should be ok, although I wouldn't grumble at a proper ball playing midfielder.

However I get the distinct impression that, for some reason, ADUG aren't willing to give Mancini any substantial funds to spend. Maybe it's because they don't know if he'll be our manager for next season or not, or maybe it's because they know he won't be.

Re: The Official Transfer Update Thread - Update: 15:07 (18/01)

I don't buy all this conspiracy stuff about he is only a temporary manager, the simple fact of the matter is that January is not the time to make big name signings, never has been and never will. I don't know why people get so worked up about the January window.

But I also know that after last years Kaka fiasco the club are very keen to keep the lid on things, so you might be surprised, but then again it would not be the magic bullet, players need time to adapt

Re: The Official Transfer Update Thread - Update: 11:54 (19/01)

chill. before they were rescheduled, he said he wanted to get the semi's out of the way before he talked about signings. his emphasis since has been on the players coming back from injury. we'll be there in a week, with enough time left over to push some deals through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.