The official "We don't want Wayne Rooney" thread.

Didsbury Dave said:
Kinky Dribbler said:
I appreciate the point you're making, but we can do all that without Wayne Rooney.
Also, Crooks scored a screamer at Chesterfield ;)

He did, and I was there.

And I actually remember a very early version of the Invisible Man song being sung by some lads. The lyrics were "We're in Milan watching City in the Champion's League....we're not really here"

I actually remember thinking it was funny and knowing full well we never would be.

This man can take us there. He can tip the balance. He's that good. Every player in Europe will want to come to us in summer.

Yet some of our fans don't want that because he's "a twat" and once kissed United's badge.

It's fucking small-time thinking. Fuck Man United. The past is theirs but the future's ours. This is the tipping point.

You sound like you think we can't do it without him, that's what I find odd.

twinkletoes said:
Those that want Rooney see it as a two finger salute to United.

That is not a reason to buy a player.

Rubbish. Couldn't give a shit about Man United. Their day is done.

He will improve City and that's good enough for me

Didsbury Dave said:
Kinky Dribbler said:
I appreciate the point you're making, but we can do all that without Wayne Rooney.
Also, Crooks scored a screamer at Chesterfield ;)

He did, and I was there.

And I actually remember a very early version of the Invisible Man song being sung by some lads. The lyrics were "We're in Milan watching City in the Champion's League....we're not really here"

I actually remember thinking it was funny and knowing full well we never would be.

This man can take us there. He can tip the balance. He's that good. Every player in Europe will want to come to us in summer.

Yet some of our fans don't want that because he's "a twat" and once kissed United's badge.

It's fucking small-time thinking. Fuck Man United. The past is theirs but the future's ours. This is the tipping point.

The problem our club still has is a large section of the support is indoctrinated by fear and settling for second best.

That comes from systematic failure over many years. The club has changed/is changing.

The bigger the player, bigger the ego and baggage.

You are holding the club back, it transfers through to the pitch. This is why Mancini is always stressing the importance of mentality.

It's not just down to the players.

Trust the owners, that's the least they deserve.

Kinky Dribbler said:
Didsbury Dave said:
He did, and I was there.

You sound like you think we can't do it without him, that's what I find odd.

The big barrier City have faced so far has been our inability to attract truly world class players. There has been an, admittedly reducing, barrier for these players because it is seen as a risk.

Signing Rooney will open the floodgates.

It's a huge step forward for us as a club. He's that good he will make us the best team in England this year.

We can do without him. But he'll take us forward miles if we get him.

I cannot understand how others can't see that.

I'm drooling at the prospect. The day we sign him is the day we have truly arrived.

Bigga said:
Didsbury Dave said:
It's amusing how this thread immediately ran out of steam after Tolmie's proclaimation.

So, if he joins, will any of you boo him?

I asked a question. It hasn't been answered, yet.

The other reasonable assumption is that that particular club has "tapped him up".

Both need clarifying, don't they?

What question?

Of course City tapped him up. Just like United did when he was at Everton.

No I dont want Rooney, Reasons- It will destabilise our squad which has not gelled yet nearly there but not quite. If the amounts of money that are being mentioned are correct it will cause ructions in the dressing room and last but not least give me Carlos all day long over the scouse T--t

Dave you really are overating Rooney now. There are a shit ton of class players to choose from, especially in his position and I'd be happy to try all of them over him. He's a shit human being and I feel sick at the prospect of the disenfranchisement I will feel if he gets to wear a City shirt. He doesn't deserve the fucking honour. Also you should have a bit more respect when talking about City fans who don't want Rooney, we've been here through thin and thinner, ADUG and the Gary Cook brigade have been here five minutes and I'm not willing to sacrifice heritage for soulless success.

I am just happy he is leaving Old Trafford.

I don't think we need him, but they definitely do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.