The official "We don't want Wayne Rooney" thread.

glen quagmire said:
TeBe said:
I am just happy he is leaving Old Trafford.

I don't think we need him, but they definitely do.

Brilliant! No long winded shite, straight to the point and a 100% correct!

in which case it will be just as good to watch him go somewhere else :-)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Bigga said:
So, basically he only wants to p*ss off Whiskey rather than move away from the area?

Makes no sense as an argument. They have no problems with each other, apparently. So that means he has problems with other players or the association with other players... which he would still have if he stayed in the north west!!

Not logical for me.

Forget agendas.

Can't it be no more simpler than cold hard cash with a team perceived to be the next big this this side of fooking Heaven?

Oh, and it's local...

So much cold hard cash that you would have to be insane to turn it down.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
...Yet some of our fans don't want that because he's "a twat" and once kissed United's badge.

It's fucking small-time thinking. Fuck Man United. The past is theirs but the future's ours. This is the tipping point.

The problem our club still has is a large section of the support is indoctrinated by fear and settling for second best.

That comes from systematic failure over many years. The club has changed/is changing.

The bigger the player, bigger the ego and baggage.

You are holding the club back, it transfers through to the pitch. This is why Mancini is always stressing the importance of mentality.

It's not just down to the players.

Trust the owners, that's the least they deserve.

Yet more generalising and people looking down their noses about a certain opinion... BM at it's always predictable worst.

If you look at what the posters are sayign that don't want Rooney, i've not seen one which is as clear cut as; "I don't want Rooney. He plays for Utd".

I would go onto explain it, but i haven't the motivation right now... But this Pro-Rooney blinkered view is complete fuckwittery.

He's not the single tipping point, he's not the answer to all our problems and we can get success without him. We'll also stick to what our owners said their palns were when they joined.

GStar said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The problem our club still has is a large section of the support is indoctrinated by fear and settling for second best.

That comes from systematic failure over many years. The club has changed/is changing.

You are holding the club back, it transfers through to the pitch. This is why Mancini is always stressing the importance of mentality.

Yet more generalising and people looking down their noses about a certain opinion... BM at it's always predictable worst.

If you look at what the posters are sayign that don't want Rooney, i've not seen one which is as clear cut as; "I don't want Rooney. He plays for Utd".

I would go onto explain it, but i haven't the motivation right now... But this Pro-Rooney blinkered view is complete fuckwittery.

He's not the single tipping point, he's not the answer to all our problems and we can get success without him. We'll also stick to what our owners said their palns were when they joined.

I agree with everything you've said there mate.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I agree with all that; especially the last part. Mansour obviously gets a lot of attention and he is smart, powerful and incredibly rich but you just have to look at who was made Chariman of MCFC. Khaldoon isn't one of Mansour's lackeys, he doesn't just work for Mansour, he also reports to directly Mansour's "boss" as I understand it. Khaldoon is a real player in Abu Dhabi because he is a very clever man, not because he is some sort of well connected muppet. These people mean business and they are undoubtedly prepared to spend huge sums of money to get what they want for MCFC.

GStar said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Spot on. If you don't agree with the cabal you are somehow looked down on.

do we need rooney? carlos is doin a sterling job leading the line and they both perfom the same function on the pitch, the only reason i can see for bringing rooney in is as back up for tevez (and to piss off the rags even more..wich is easily worth 200 large a week..) rooney is class no doubt about it but lets face it, his loss of form is due to the fact he is disallusioned with british hookers and he needs to move to ajax if hes gonna be of any use to the england set up. the perfect timing of this revelation has done plenty of damage as it is and the squad we have, have proven they are easily capable of beating every single team in the premiership! its all just a case now of holding concentration and nerve and a little bit of luck and we will be there or thereabouts come april...happy days

GStar said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

GStar, with the exception of your good self and one or two others, the majority of reasons given in this thread for people not wanting Rooney has been

He's a rag twat
He's a scouse twat
He's fat
He kisses badges
He shags grannies and whores

People's reasons don't stack up with the reasons for signing him given on the other thread:

He's world class
He gets goals
He will raise our profile
He's won medals

That's why I'm getting irritated at what to me is small-time thinking. It's like half of you have suddenly become self-appointed moral guardians of the club, all mock-outraged that he shags pros and stuff.

Tolmie's too nice to say it but I will: most people on this thread (the minority on the poll, I'm pleased to see) don't want Rooney because they see him as Man United personified. Aggressive and beligerant. He is. But he's a fucking winner. And nice guys finish last.

What did the manager say at the weekend? He'd rather his players go off with a woman than get pissed. Maybe he had Rooney in mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.