The official "We don't want Wayne Rooney" thread.

If someone can answer this then I might change my mind: If we buy him and therefore give the Rags about £50m quid then surely that puts them in a better financial position than before. I hate everything about the Rags and the last thing I want to be doing is giving the twats a lift-up in terms of paying off their financial woes. If somebody can convince me it won't then I will have him!

Still hate the Rag tw@ts though!

JOGAMIGMOG said:
If someone can answer this then I might change my mind: If we buy him and therefore give the Rags about £50m quid then surely that puts them in a better financial position than before. I hate everything about the Rags and the last thing I want to be doing is giving the twats a lift-up in terms of paying off their financial woes. If somebody can convince me it won't then I will have him!

£50m (very top of what they'd get for him imo) would got fully go into squad investment. Even then, i'm not sure there's anyone available who could have the same overall impact as Rooney has had on and off the pitch for them?

JOGAMIGMOG said:

Yep, the £50m WILL make them financially stronger.

It will enable them to pay the fees, premiums and interest on their debt for about 6 months...

They bought Bepe for a reason... they're fucked financially!

JOGAMIGMOG said:

I doubt he'd be £50m for a start.

Even if he was, £50m off their debt leaves them in a worse position than before because they've lost their best player.

You can't go round replacing the likes of him at £15m a pop. And with a wage cap of £60K per week. I imagine that's all that would be available to replace him

So it weakens United hugely which is no bad thing. But it's much more important to strengthen ourselves. Their debt should ensure they remain also-rans for a good long time.

GStar said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:

£50m (very top of what they'd get for him imo) would got fully go into squad investment. Even then, i'm not sure there's anyone available who could have the same overall impact as Rooney has had on and off the pitch for them?

The Rags will get a good fee for Rooney from someone so it's pointless worrying about giving them the whole fee that we might pay; it's only any premium that we might pay that's relevant and even if that was £20 or £30m, it won't make much dent in their debt and is unlikely to compensate them for what they are losing when it comes to trying to find a replacement.

Didsbury Dave said:
GStar, with the exception of your good self and one or two others, the majority of reasons given in this thread for people not wanting Rooney has been

He's a rag twat
He's a scouse twat
He's fat
He kisses badges
He shags grannies and whores

People's reasons don't stack up with the reasons for signing him given on the other thread:

He's world class
He gets goals
He will raise our profile
He's won medals

That's why I'm getting irritated at what to me is small-time thinking. It's like half of you have suddenly become self-appointed moral guardians of the club, all mock-outraged that he shags pros and stuff.

Tolmie's too nice to say it but I will: most people on this thread (the minority on the poll, I'm pleased to see) don't want Rooney because they see him as Man United personified. Aggressive and beligerant. He is. But he's a fucking winner. And nice guys finish last.

What did the manager say at the weekend? He'd rather his players go off with a woman than get pissed. Maybe he had Rooney in mind.

I honestly don't think the majority of people see it as black and white as that.

The fact he plays for Utd has something to do with it, as i've mentioned before, but its not just that.

I'd say its a combination of; unsettling and capturing our main rival's star player, the player being a constant arse to us at any given oppourtunity, his behaviour off the pitch, the fact that, like it or not, football is popular because of rivalries; i can't work out if its brilliant or utterly counter productive do be doing something like this.

We all want success (although none of us support City for this reason alone), but at what price?

Being a top player only gets you so far imo, having the attitude of Kompany and the ability of Silva would makes you the complete player, imo.

There's something still nagging about contemplating cheering for a player that i've despised so much not just for utd. but on international duty too.

I understand what you are saying, GStar. I understand you feel a hypocrite.

Honestly, I've never despised him. I've always respected and feared him. And for England I loved him. So it's easy for me.

I've stood with large numbers of Blues, not too long ago, while they sang on masse "Carlos Tevez Herman Monster Head". Now he's a hero.

I believe the minute Rooney wins us a game that will happen to him. In fact, like Tevez, the minute he rocks up at Eastlands it will happen.

Especially if his advisers sensibly tell him to churn out some trite lines about what a big club we are.

Didsbury Dave said:
I understand what you are saying, GStar. I understand you feel a hypocrite.

Honestly, I've never despised him. I've always respected and feared him. And for England I loved him. So it's easy for me.

I've stood with large numbers of Blues, not too long ago, while they sang on masse "Carlos Tevez Herman Monster Head". Now he's a hero.

I believe the minute Rooney wins us a game that will happen to him. In fact, like Tevez, the minute he rocks up at Eastlands it will happen.

Especially if his advisers sensibly tell him to churn out some trite lines about what a big club we are.
It will to those with any common sense.

Didsbury Dave said:
GStar, with the exception of your good self and one or two others, the majority of reasons given in this thread for people not wanting Rooney has been

He's a rag twat
He's a scouse twat
He's fat
He kisses badges
He shags grannies and whores

People's reasons don't stack up with the reasons for signing him given on the other thread:

He's world class
He gets goals
He will raise our profile
He's won medals

That's why I'm getting irritated at what to me is small-time thinking. It's like half of you have suddenly become self-appointed moral guardians of the club, all mock-outraged that he shags pros and stuff.

Tolmie's too nice to say it but I will: most people on this thread (the minority on the poll, I'm pleased to see) don't want Rooney because they see him as Man United personified. Aggressive and beligerant. He is. But he's a fucking winner. And nice guys finish last.

What did the manager say at the weekend? He'd rather his players go off with a woman than get pissed. Maybe he had Rooney in mind.

Well going off your list : rag, scouse, fat, (I'm not going to condone him for shagging a brass) - none of these are desirable traits really, but i'd agree that they aren't major considerations. I do think your underestimating the importance of badge kissing though.

After the blackpool game Mancini hailed Tevez as a champion, because he had a relatively bad game by his standards but still managed to score a brace. Tevez is a winner. When he went back to Upton Park with rags and scored he didn't celebrate. Now Rooney is also a winner I agree, but when Rooney went back to Goodison as a rag and scored he celebrated and kissed the rag badge, and Everton were his boyhood team FFS! Now you may think Im blowing a minor incident out of proportion but its indicative of the difference in the two personalities.

My point is that there are many players with that winning mentality in football, we can try and attract any of them, why do we have to go after the one who happens to be an arsehole and who a lot of blues will really struggle to identify with.

Carlos Tevez was castigated by the small minded for wearing a West Ham shirt the day we played them. End of argument.

They all do it. I bet most of our squad have kissed badges in the past.

Robinho kissed ours.

It matters not a jot in the scheme of things, apart from to fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.