The official "We don't want Wayne Rooney" thread.

Didsbury Dave said:
I understand what you are saying, GStar. I understand you feel a hypocrite.

Honestly, I've never despised him. I've always respected and feared him. And for England I loved him. So it's easy for me.

I've stood with large numbers of Blues, not too long ago, while they sang on masse "Carlos Tevez Herman Monster Head". Now he's a hero.

I believe the minute Rooney wins us a game that will happen to him. In fact, like Tevez, the minute he rocks up at Eastlands it will happen.

Especially if his advisers sensibly tell him to churn out some trite lines about what a big club we are.

I've surprised myself! I generally find that your fellow chuckle brother and you write utter tosh in the name of 'opinion' but I have to admit that you are making perfect sense today. Have you passed on posting responsibilities to one of your kids as a birthday treat? No disrespect intended and well played. Damned with faint praise and all that...

Didsbury Dave said:

Honestly, I've never despised him. I've always respected and feared him. And for England I loved him. So it's easy for me.

I've stood with large numbers of Blues, not too long ago, while they sang on masse "Carlos Tevez Herman Monster Head". Now he's a hero.

I believe the minute Rooney wins us a game that will happen to him. In fact, like Tevez, the minute he rocks up at Eastlands it will happen.

Especially if his advisers sensibly tell him to churn out some trite lines about what a big club we are.

It was funny the amount of people up in arms in the Rooney poll; i mentioned the "Herman Munster Head" chant in that... but i'll defend the Tevez situation as being entirely different to this one.

I always fancies us more in the derby when Rooney isn't playing, so i'm not doubting his talent, i just dislike the guy on and off the pitch and i always thought the feeling was mutual.

Still, i hoped we'd realise it takes more than big names and big wages to create a top football team.

He screwed over his boyhood club to goto Utd, he's now doing the same at Utd... how long before he kicks up a fuss and forces his next clubs hand too?

Is that really what we want? Bar Balotelli and possibly Tevez and Yaya, our team is made of talented yet hard working individuals (Ade will either knuckle down or be sold in Jan) we're getting rid of player we don;t want, not players holding us to ransom.

We seem to nearing the light at the end of the tunnell in regards to the transformation of our club into one that will compete regularly... i just think, weighing everything up, this is a risky transfer for the player, the club and the fans.

Tevez then...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBMUr1j-bPk[/youtube]

[bigimg]http://thuvienbao.com/anhdep/wp-content/original/2009_12/Carlos_Tevez_Manchester_United_Premier_League_801194.jpg[/bigimg]

Tevez now...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY7Lof5XHEQ[/youtube]

[bigimg]http://www.top-footballer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/carlos-tevez-manchester-city.jpg[/bigimg]

Funny how people's opinion on a person change ;)

Just because some of our players seem like nice lads, don't assume they came to City because they remember Bell and Summerbee.

They're all here because of the money and the fact that they have been sold a vision. One of success.

Rooney is the same. They are players, this is their short career, and they don't think like fans.

GStar said:
Didsbury Dave said:

It was funny the amount of people up in arms in the Rooney poll; i mentioned the "Herman Munster Head" chant in that... but i'll defend the Tevez situation as being entirely different to this one.

I always fancies us more in the derby when Rooney isn't playing, so i'm not doubting his talent, i just dislike the guy on and off the pitch and i always thought the feeling was mutual.

Still, i hoped we'd realise it takes more than big names and big wages to create a top football team.

He screwed over his boyhood club to goto Utd, he's now doing the same at Utd... how long before he kicks up a fuss and forces his next clubs hand too?

Is that really what we want? Bar Balotelli and possibly Tevez and Yaya, our team is made of talented yet hard working individuals (Ade will either knuckle down or be sold in Jan) we're getting rid of player we don;t want, not players holding us to ransom.

We seem to nearing the light at the end of the tunnell in regards to the transformation of our club into one that will compete regularly... i just think, weighing everything up, this is a risky transfer for the player, the club and the fans.

Sorry dave, this is where Gstar is correct and you are not thinking along the same lines.......It's not really down to acceptance is it? I don't want rooney, but would i boo him in a blue shirt? Never! Would i cheer his name when the anouncer say's manchester city's 3rd goal scored by wayne rooney? Absolutley!

Just like teBe posted somewhere else, do we need him? I think not. Can the rags do without him? I don't think so either. I hope he goes to spain for less dough, than what we would give.

Didsbury Dave said:
Just because some of our players seem like nice lads, don't assume they came to City because they remember Bell and Summerbee.

They're all here because of the money and the fact that they have been sold a vision. One of success.

Rooney is the same. They are players, this is their short career, and they don't think like fans.
Precisely. Not so long ago Benoit Assou Ekoto came out and said he has no affiliation with Spurs, has no care for them and doesn't care who he plays for. Its a job to him, a job he wants to be successful in. Some slated him for that, I actually thought it was refreshingly honest. Not one of our players went to bed clutching a City teddy, not one of them. Johnno is supposed to be a bit of a **** when he's out, as has been reported in the press every once in a while. Doesn't make me want him to succeed here any less. Lescott could go home and beat his mrs senseless, Silva could be a swinger, Tevez might actually be a women.....who knows.... WHO CARES?!!! If they all do a job for us, (job being the operative word), thats all that should matter.

Re: The official

BimboBob said:
It's quite simple...

He is a very, very good footballer. He scores goals. He sets up team mates. He is a class act.

But, if we sign him i'm off. I will not go again. I will not buy another shirt. I don't care if it's childish or immature. The club i have spent my whole life supporting will be dead to me.

Nice one BimboBob and I will be joining you. There are fans on here that just don’t get it. The thought of him peeling the city shirt on turns my stomach, our crest next to his red scouse heart. Pride in battle – bollox, he has no pride, he has shafted bacon face and the rag fans and now he wants Blue money. I wish some of the fans on here would have some pride, he is out of the same box as neville, keane ,ronaldo. There is a huge difference between these petulant nasty spitting city hating reds and the likes of Carlos and Law. I will be condemned to watch Macclesfield Town until he goes. I can’t stand this, please please come and sign him Chelski.

Glen, I refer the right honourable gentleman to the reply I gave earlier:

Didsbury Dave said:

We don't need him just like we don't need anybody. But he will take us forward hugely as a club - seismically in terms of world perception.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.