The official "We don't want Wayne Rooney" thread.

shaiomarali said:
Darren Bent last season hit some commendable form.

Now, if his form this season was like Rooney's, i will be skeptical of buying him too.

Form is temporary yet class isn't. It's more likely that Rooney will rediscover his old form as opposed to Bent finding the early form of Rooney. That's obvious to anyone who knows about Football. I conclude that Rooney would be a more likely success than Darren Bent.

Comparing Rooney to Torres may have been more interesting. I'd struggle to pick between them.

Rooney>>>>>>>>>>>Bent

peoffrey said:
shaiomarali said:
Darren Bent last season hit some commendable form.

Now, if his form this season was like Rooney's, i will be skeptical of buying him too.

Form is temporary yet class isn't. It's more likely that Rooney will rediscover his old form as opposed to Bent finding the early form of Rooney. That's obvious to anyone who knows about Football. I conclude that Rooney would be a more likely success than Darren Bent.

Comparing Rooney to Torres may have been more interesting. I'd struggle to pick between them.

Rooney>>>>>>>>>>>Bent
I'll say it again, he hasn't scored in open play for 7 months. How long can it last before it isn't considered a blip in form and that he just isn't as good of a player as people thought?

Torres is a class above Rooney, even rags on their own forums will tell you that.

The official "We don't want Wayne Rooney" thread.

Just really think he is SOoooooooo over rated if we get him I feel we will see the difference. Silva's Tevez first touch is always near perfect Rooney's quite honestly is shocking. If he comes I hope I would eat my words but feel he is going the other way. If on the other hand we are getting him not for footballing reasons to put us more on the map world wide than fair enough bench him

we dont want the fat shrek dirty dick scouse twat.......lol......but u got to agree he did play well along side the main man tevez.....just a thought thou...any 1 seen the pics with our shirt on saying welcome to manchester..along side tevez

eddiemanc said:
we dont want the fat shrek dirty dick scouse twat.......lol......but u got to agree he did play well along side the main man tevez.....just a thought thou...any 1 seen the pics with our shirt on saying welcome to manchester..along side tevez
The 'brilliant' partnership of Tevez and Rooney is a myth. Tevez and Ade scored more as a partnership last season than Those 2 ever did at the swamp. Ronaldo carried them the year they did the double.

Life is too short to read all 33 pages so apologies if (as I suspect) nothing new here.

Rooney has developed into a pretty loathsome character. Snarling, abusive to referees, adulterer and disrespectful to his own body as an athlete and to his employers and fans who have a right to expect for the money he gets that he will put himself in the best shape to perform at the highest level.

Rooney has become rather injury prone and has suffered an alarming drop in form. There is also a nagging feeling that he hasn't quite delivered consistently against the very best.

To get him (especially in January) if there is competition would be putting money into the United coffers. Would we really want to facilitate the transfer of Torres? There is a risk we end up with a Gascoigne and United end up with a rejuvenated superstar. Given our looming superiority and the prospect of Balotelli, why take that risk?

Spending the money might also mean we cant meet FIFA financial rules.

Finally, the point about the perception excess and greed is important. This would be seen as the ultimate demonstration that City really does not care about the immorality of the game. Flirting with Terry was bad enough. To sign the Rooney of 2010, not the brilliant working class football-mad throwback some of us rather reluctantly acknowledged (incorrectly as it turns out) would risk alienating a lot of the core support and if not turning them away from the club, at least diluting even more the joy that we shall hopefully get when success is achieved.

Let him go to Real.

carrconormcfc said:
peoffrey said:

Rooney>>>>>>>>>>>Bent
I'll say it again, he hasn't scored in open play for 7 months. How long can it last before it isn't considered a blip in form and that he just isn't as good of a player as people thought?

Torres is a class above Rooney, even rags on their own forums will tell you that.
Course they will,the fickle bastards hate him now

I'm just glad we have so many self-appointed holier-than-thou fans who feel compelled to protect the club's name.

If you feel so strongly, it seems our attendances might be on the drop in January.

It is not lost upon me that whatever the subject matter, the same polarised opinions divide the same posters.

brianstrousers said:
carrconormcfc said:

They've been saying it for ages, the posters on ragcafe are surprisingly unbiased. They have a thread on there called Torres vs Tevez, where they constantly go on about a fit Torres being a far better player than both Tevez and Rooney. They have another one comparing Carlos and Rooney I think.

carrconormcfc said:
brianstrousers said:
They've been saying it for ages, the posters on ragcafe are surprisingly unbiased. They have a thread on there called Torres vs Tevez, where they constantly go on about a fit Torres being a far better player than both Tevez and Rooney. They have another one comparing Carlos and Rooney I think.
i'd say thats bollocks,plus,Red cafe do not speak for the majority of their fans.
why have you been goin on red cafe for ages come to think of it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.