The old days

Most matches being 3pm on a Saturday and tickets were never an issue. You also kept hold of the ticket for future proof of attendance!

I started going in 1998 which is nothing for some of you lot.
2pm before floodlights.

I think it's hard to discern the subtle difference between nostalgia for your youth and nostalgia for how things really were.

The truth is the quality of football in the past was shit compared to today. In part because the old pitches were mudheaps that made kick-and-rush practically a necessity. The English game valued energy, courage and determination way, way above skill or technical quality which were seen as something for 'foreign softies'.

Of course, there were compensating factors like getting in the Kippax for 25p as an adult and being able to go to practically any game you chose. But it was by no means paradise. Going to Liverpool or Everton was almost as dangerous as taking part in a commando raid.

And why does it bother you that I mentioned 'white people', which I suppose me and you are? ;)

Because it was a stupid comment aimed at just white middle aged men, it's an untruth.

And don't miss-colour me mate ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.