The old days

The final Pearce season was very difficult and pushed me to the extreme.

I’ve no idea whether this was true but I understand renewals were way down and only picked up when Thaksin Shinawatra bought the club and appointed Sven.
That pearce season was the closest I came to not renewing. Glad I stuck with it.
IT'S GREAT BEING A BLUE CTID

Now dont get me wrong I'm living the dream and wouldnt want it any other way.

But I miss when football was just about what was played on the pitch.

Now every one is an accountant, a lawyer, a ref etc.

FFP bent as a nine bob note brought in to stop competition and protect the old school.

VAR again brought in to protect the old school and to effect games ( Rashford at old toilet for one )

Football press/media only cover 2 or 3 clubs, and again properly employed by American owned media outlets.

Tweeter, Facebook etc allow hatred to be passed around the world so quickly.

American owners wanting a closed shop league.

Fans seem to spend most of their time talking about things of the pitch.

I really fear for our game and deep down think we have seen the best and the American owners will slow destroy our game we loved as kids.

Anyone else miss the time football was simple and just a game between 22 players ?
Or am I suffering from rose tinted glasses ?
Ah yes, the good old days, when we weren't subjected to the wit and wisdom of halfwits like Eni fucking Aluko stealing a living as a pundit.

Being a City fan has never been any different. It was fucking mint when we were shit, it’s fucking mint now.
Well said, the football wasn't always a joy to watch and the trophies were more spaced out but the overall experience was just as enjoyable. If it hadn't been I wouldn't have spent so much money on it! Admittedly I was probably lucky that I started watching City as they were on the way to promotion under Joe and Mal so I had some early successes to look back on when the decline set in. Turned out pretty well in the end, though! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.