The Owners

Soulboy said:
BillyShears said:
Gentlemen. Since your cultured football people like myself...ask yourselves a question. Would Garry Cook know who he is?

Well he didn't realise that another German, Uwe Rosler, was a former City player... so I guess Otmar Hitzfeld doesn't have a chance!

Double post for some reason. I agree with a couple of ;points up the thread, though. Firstly, it's no longer the job from hell - I think even if Hughes were fired tonight, plenty of good managers would fancy working for our owners. And secondly, the expectation would always have been, and ideally still would be, that Hughes would be given the season, with any change, if deemed required, coming in the summer.

But on the latter point, things in football can change quickly. If inside, say, the next month, maybe even sooner, the sequence of poor results continues and Hughes looks clueless as to how to change it (this is the key), then the owners may want to make a change rather than risk the season becoming a write off with him in charge.

Chelsea, for instance, sacked Scolari last season when they were second in the PL, and still in the FA Cup and the CL. Extremely harsh, you may think. But he had four wins, five draws and three losses from the previous twelve league games, and if they'd continued that form over the rest of the season, they seem to risk even missing out on the top four (given Villa's apparently excellent form at that point, before they really fell away). It was his inability seemingly to do anything to turn round the poor run of form that led to his sacking.

I hadn't thought that we'd get to the same point with Hughes during the current season. However, it's starting to look a possibility if he can't get a couple of decent results in the fairly near future.

Whats going on off field at City. It appears there is no motavation,teams like Hull, Burnley etc should be wiped out before halftime,instead Man City are struggling with an £80 million defence, An absolute disgrace,Santa Cruz is not, and never was the quality Man City where looking for[ old pals act at Blackburn ]. Robinho dosent want to be there, Lescott and Bridge must be the two worst buys of the closed season. Sorry i hate to say it Mark Hughes has to go. Say goodbye before Xmas.

Rammy Blue said:
are you now one of the "converted" Billy?

;)

An interesting question...

I think you'll find that what I have said pretty consistently, is that Hughes needs to be given a chance to show what he can do...

Now, what I saw today was scary. What I heard afterwards, was even scarier. Makes me think maybe he isn't the right man for the job full stop. In which case, it's about employing someone better. Not simply firing the man in charge...make of that what you will...

Well I would consider myself a hughes neutral up to today but that was one shocking shameful performance against terrible opposition more than I can take.

Hes got to go, in January or summer whatever. I dont know a single city fan at this moment in time that wants Hughes to stay at the club.

We have spent £250 million its fucking crazy that we cant beat the the likes of Burnley, Fulham and Hull at home. Draw with wigan away ! Spuds raped those lossers 9 -1 !

Same sort of results we were geting with Pearce with no money and every decent player sold out from under him.

At least then we had no expectations. Hughes has had his chance, complete unrestriced support form the owners unbelieveable backing.

His side his people they are not good enough, no arguments no positives to be taken. Hughes has to go soon as possible.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

;)

I think you'll find that what I have said pretty consistently, is that Hughes needs to be given a chance to show what he can do...

Now, what I saw today was scary. What I heard afterwards, was even scarier. Makes me think maybe he isn't the right man for the job full stop. In which case, it's about employing someone better. Not simply firing the man in charge...make of that what you will...

Come on... you're dying to tell us more!

Spill the beans!!!

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

;)

What did you hear afterwards that was scarier?

BillyShears said:
Never going to happen lads. Sorry...leave it there.

Come on Billy, that's tantamount to being told your new girlfriend is about to put out for the first time, only to then be told she has a penis.

Don't be a tease.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.