The Owners

*singingtheblues* said:
BillyShears said:
Never going to happen lads. Sorry...leave it there.

Come on Billy, that's tantamount to being told your new girlfriend is about to put out for the first time, only to then be told she has a penis.

Don't be a tease.

Have to agree. Come on Billy don't be a hero and spill the beans.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
are you now one of the "converted" Billy?

;)

An interesting question...

I think you'll find that what I have said pretty consistently, is that Hughes needs to be given a chance to show what he can do...

Now, what I saw today was scary. What I heard afterwards, was even scarier. Makes me think maybe he isn't the right man for the job full stop. In which case, it's about employing someone better. Not simply firing the man in charge...make of that what you will...

You've now taken on board what i mean Billy?

Danamy said:
BillyShears said:
An interesting question...

I think you'll find that what I have said pretty consistently, is that Hughes needs to be given a chance to show what he can do...

Now, what I saw today was scary. What I heard afterwards, was even scarier. Makes me think maybe he isn't the right man for the job full stop. In which case, it's about employing someone better. Not simply firing the man in charge...make of that what you will...

You've now taken on board what i mean Billy?

Definitely.

Anyway, thankfully this project doesn't have nearly a quarter of a billion pounds of my money invested in it. There's tough decisions to be made one way or the other for our owners...

BillyShears said:
if we don't finish 4th, there's no way we will be capable of attracting the kind of players we would want. ...

Billy, don't you think that might depend to some degree upon the pulling power of any new manager we get in. A mourhinio or a Hiddink wouldn't have much trouble selling a player the idea of going one season without the Chimps League. Besides, I think the media over-state the whole chimps league thing. It's important to good players but it isn't the be all and end all that the Sky twats and their ilk think it is. And there's money in that tournament, but not that much money, not when you consider that you can't get a decent player these days for less than 30 Million Euro's, and that's before you pay out a penny in wages.

I don't think for one minute that it will be difficult to attract the likes of Mourniho. I think he'd probably bite our hands off, especially if he is serious about wanting to come back to England. Wave a blank cheque in front of him for transfers and he'll be here by the summer and raring to knock Chelski down a peg or two.

Pam said:
BillyShears said:
if we don't finish 4th, there's no way we will be capable of attracting the kind of players we would want. ...

Billy, don't you think that might depend to some degree upon the pulling power of any new manager we get in. A mourhinio or a Hiddink .

or a Hitzfeld :)

It's my new one man campaign.

A short simple message to the owners:

'if you want to be the best, then you need the best'

HUGHES OUT.

that is all

Pam said:
BillyShears said:

Billy, don't you think that might depend to some degree upon the pulling power of any new manager we get in. A mourhinio or a Hiddink wouldn't have much trouble selling a player the idea of going one season without the Chimps League. Besides, I think the media over-state the whole chimps league thing. It's important to good players but it isn't the be all and end all that the Sky twats and their ilk think it is. And there's money in that tournament, but not that much money, not when you consider that you can't get a decent player these days for less than 30 Million Euro's, and that's before you pay out a penny in wages.

I don't think for one minute that it will be difficult to attract the likes of Mourniho. I think he'd probably bite our hands off, especially if he is serious about wanting to come back to England. Wave a blank cheque in front of him for transfers and he'll be here by the summer and raring to knock Chelski down a peg or two.

I guess it's lots of little things.

The Real Madrid job, mark my words, will be up for grabs this summer. If Mourinho had a straight choice, he'd go to Madrid over City.

If we don't finish in the top 4 this season, in the footballing world, we will be considered a failure. After the world cup, the best players in the world will all have options, and in the end, the best players in the world, much like Mourinho, will not choose City...

I could be proven wrong, but that's honestly what my instincts say to me...

BillyShears said:
Pam said:

I guess it's lots of little things.

The Real Madrid job, mark my words, will be up for grabs this summer. If Mourinho had a straight choice, he'd go to Madrid over City.

If we don't finish in the top 4 this season, in the footballing world, we will be considered a failure. After the world cup, the best players in the world will all have options, and in the end, the best players in the world, much like Mourinho, will not choose City...

I could be proven wrong, but that's honestly what my instincts say to me...

Spot on.

It amazes me when many, many City fans plead for patience and that if it takes ten years then so be it, they are naive to the point of irresponsibility.

The reason why the owners bankrolled to the tune of £250m is that they are in a rush to get into the Champions League, and are not prepared to sit this out for the long-term.

This is an investment for them, its not done for the love of City... they are looking for a return in the future.

And winning Carling Cups or FA Cups or finishing 5th. doesn't cut it.

We HAVE to make the Champoions League within the next couple of years, and it looks like this season might already be a write-off in that direction. Which means we are, at best, looking at the 4th. year of the project before we make Champions League money.

We can't afford any further delay than that.

If we fail this season, how do we attract the better players? How do we keep the ones who were expecting it THIS year?

Hughes HAS to deliver Champions League football this season, and if we look out of it at any stage then I expect changes. But that time is not yet. Yet.

The result on Wednesday is irrelevant. But a slide into mid table by Christmas might be enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.