The Owners

Rammy Blue said:
Please pull the trigger.

Lets see shall we. Hughes is already talking about spending money in January. I think it would signal he's going nowhere if they allow him to start buying more players...

Sheikh Mansoor and Khaldoon have got a lot of thinking to do in the coming days...

Oh, and another thing which I have been thinking about since last night. I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the "behind the scenes" or "low key" leadership style that Khaldoon seems to espouse. I'd prefer a man of his stature, and with the qualities he has, to be a little more present to both encourage the player and staff, but also to scare them just a little...

Billy,

Khaldoon will not miss a trick. these are the best owners this club has had or will ever have..................

they have never failed at anything...............

they will get it right...........

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
Please pull the trigger.

Lets see shall we. Hughes is already talking about spending money in January. I think it would signal he's going nowhere if they allow him to start buying more players...

Sheikh Mansoor and Khaldoon have got a lot of thinking to do in the coming days...

Oh, and another thing which I have been thinking about since last night. I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the "behind the scenes" or "low key" leadership style that Khaldoon seems to espouse. I'd prefer a man of his stature, and with the qualities he has, to be a little more present to both encourage the player and staff, but also to scare them just a little...

That sounds like an abramovich type of situation where he goes into the dressing room and tells Essien off for playing too many balls through the middle where 70% of the other team are. It's not Khaldoons job to encourage the players and staff, the manager should be ble to do that, it's his job and in our case it's all his own fucking staff

And if Hughes is here in jan he shouldn't be given a fucking penny to spend. He's signed a whole fucking team for fucks sake, now he wants to sign some more? Fuck off

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
Please pull the trigger.

funnily enough Billy I was going to post something of this ilk yesterday but got caught up in some work and had to leave it.

what you seem to miss though is that we have a Chief Exec in Garry Cook who is supposed to be the club's mouthpiece, a man who since speaking 6/7 weeks ago in Abu Dhabi seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

this is partly why i believe the finger is on the trigger as Hughes seems to have been left isolated which implies to me that he is the proverbial dead man walking, the excuse is now there to pull the trigger but will they?

I sincerely hope so.

Just read the recent posts.

If it was my money, I'd be looking very closely at the whole structure, and the chances of getting something out of the season. So far that lies in the Carling Cup, not a very prestigious cup, but nevertheless any trophy is better than none.

Appears to me that selling Dunnie is beginning to look like Villa's gain and our loss. We'll be stuck for defensive cover now that Lescott is sidelined, and Toure going to Africa. Can't see us finishing in top 4/5 now, but was the owner wanting that this season ? I'm not the owner, and trying to second-guess him is hard work.

What would I like the owner to do ? Well, coming to a game would be great - it might inspire a bit of confidence.

Will he demand a change of management ? That's the puzzle...

1894 said:
Just read the recent posts.

If it was my money, I'd be looking very closely at the whole structure, and the chances of getting something out of the season. So far that lies in the Carling Cup, not a very prestigious cup, but nevertheless any trophy is better than none.

Appears to me that selling Dunnie is beginning to look like Villa's gain and our loss. We'll be stuck for defensive cover now that Lescott is sidelined, and Toure going to Africa. Can't see us finishing in top 4/5 now, but was the owner wanting that this season ? I'm not the owner, and trying to second-guess him is hard work.

What would I like the owner to do ? Well, coming to a game would be great - it might inspire a bit of confidence.

Will he demand a change of management ? That's the puzzle...

Lets look at expectations. My opinion, as they said in the summer, doing three transfer window's spending in one window, was a sign that it was chumps league or bust. This has been backed up by what the players have come out and said since the season began...

Are we on course? Well, we're not totally out of it...but we need to improve...

Next question. Are we improving? Not really...

Will something change significantly in the second half of the season? Who knows...maybe - maybe not.

Do they stick or twist....? Only they can answer that...

What are the opinions of the current staffing set-up's effects on any decision to fire the numpty?

Personally, I think it muddies the water an awful lot.

I don't think you could name another manager who has appointed so many of his own men in key positions without being a fairly long serving, established manager at the club.

Yes, I am sure they are all professional enough to attempt to do half decent job in whatever period they may be at the club following his departure. But whilst some could realisitically keep their positions, an awful lot of them would be up for the chop eventually and they probably know it.

Alll this emphasis (lies, bollocks and bullshit actually) that Hughes always puts on his "team" of backroom staff being the best around and a match for anyone, and the way that they have all come in in a short period of team, must mean that they see themselves as 'Team Hughes' to a large extent.

Add into this Hughes' self confessed inability to get close to players and you could speculate that the whole "Team Hughes" might be seen as distant and all part of the same entity by some players.

Any new manager would struggle to bring their own team in halfway during a season.

I don't think anyone making the decision would be completely confident leaving "Team Hughes", minus their idolised leader, in such a responsible position for the rest of the season. I would certainly have to give a lot of thought to it if I was making the decision. They are all bossum buddies and I'd be amazed if some of them weren't bitter if the Cheif Bullshitter was given the chop and they knew most of them were next.

What is our opinion of relying on them to occupy key roles for the season following a Hughes departure? Yes, professionalism is part of their make-up maybe, but feeling bitter and resentful is also part of many individual's make up.

It's nopt outlandish to suggest they might be different to other club's backroom set ups. The people who would be left holding the baby are not just people who like and have worked with Hughes. A lot of them owe their whole career to him and being part of "Team Hughes" is the central part of their professional identity

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
What are the opinions of the current staffing set-up's effects on any decision to fire the numpty?

Personally, I think it muddies the water an awful lot.

I don't think you could name another manager who has appointed so many of his own men in key positions without being a fairly long serving, established manager at the club.

Yes, I am sure they are all professional enough to attempt to do half decent job in whatever period they may be at the club following his departure. But whilst some could realisitically keep their positions, an awful lot of them would be up for the chop eventually and they probably know it.

Alll this emphasis (lies, bollocks and bullshit actually) that Hughes always puts on his "team" of backroom staff being the best around and a match for anyone, and the way that they have all come in in a short period of team, must mean that they see themselves as 'Team Hughes' to a large extent.

Add into this Hughes' self confessed inability to get close to players and you could speculate that the whole "Team Hughes" might be seen as distant and all part of the same entity by some players.

Any new manager would struggle to bring their own team in halfway during a season.

I don't think anyone making the decision would be completely confident leaving "Team Hughes", minus their idolised leader, in such a responsible position for the rest of the season. I would certainly have to give a lot of thought to it if I was making the decision. They are all bossum buddies and I'd be amazed if some of them weren't bitter if the Cheif Bullshitter was given the chop and they knew most of them were next.

What is our opinion of relying on them to occupy key roles for the season following a Hughes departure? Yes, professionalism is part of their make-up maybe, but feeling bitter and resentful is also part of many individual's make up.

It's nopt outlandish to suggest they might be different to other club's backroom set ups. The people who would be left holding the baby are not just people who like and have worked with Hughes. A lot of them owe their whole career to him and being part of "Team Hughes" is the central part of their professional identity

Following on from that, I don't think Hughes would be waiting for another job for too long (Bolton maybe?), and he would want to take his team with him. Also, I'm absolutely certain that a manager like Mourinho would rather drink his own piss, than inherit that bunch of muppets, knowing that their loyalties weren't with him.

BillyShears said:
RobbieBrewer said:
Yep-back the guy in public,give him another £200 Million to bring in his own players then sack him after he gets them into the top 6,a game in hand,with two thirds of the season left.

Great business move....

;-)

Well, it really only takes a cursory read of one of the Hughes Out threads to find concrete proof that Hughes is in fact just Fat Sam in disguise. The poor guy is practically a footballing idiot. Isn't it time the owners took responsibility for this?

Or am I correct in assuming that their benevolence makes them beyond reproach, even if they are contributing to the shit show which Hughes is proceeding over, by not taking action and sacking him for being completely incompetent...

Or am I correct in assuming that their benevolence makes them beyond reproach
===========================================
I would say given their track record in business makes them beyond reproach.... the fact that they have financed us like never before makes them fireproof! Let them get on with it and they will make the difficult decisions when they feel it is neccessary to do so.

Soulboy said:
Up until tonight I would have gone along with the view that Hughes would see the season out, and a decision made then. But what I saw tonight suggests things may move a whole lot quicker.

As an avid watcher of City for many years, you get the "vibe" when you can read body language and attitudes... and tonight it stank!

The manager looked even more distracted than normal, and most worringly, the players, for the first time this season, looked like they couldn't give a shit.

Do they know something? Do they smell blood?

Persionally, I think a decision will already have been made as I doubt Hughes can turn this round quick enough. We look to be getting worse, which sort of goes against all the "gelling" arguments!

Maybe a transitional manager until the summer? But who? Hiddink? I'll stick my neck out and go for a trendy foreign coach to inspire us!

It was only TWO games ago that we were beating Arsenal and Chelsea to end our run of draws - I wouldn't describe that as 'getting worse' !!!

We STILL have a game in hand, we still have played only 7 at home versus 9 away and we have already played the Rags, Villa, Spurs and Liverpool away our challengers for 4th spot. How about some positive thinking for a change ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.