The pellegrini effect..

BillyShears said:
Fuck Mancini. He's history. A limited coach and horrible man who was taking our club backwards. Pellegrini deserves all the praise he's getting because he's not only a world class manager, but also a top man who will do what's best for City and not what's best only for him.

Funny as fuck the Mancini lovers who can't bring themselves to be positive about our new manager because they're still pining for the Italian. As well as being very transparent it's all a bit sad.

I think you will find most people are positive about the new manager and looking forward to the new era but can also be grateful of the efforts of the previous manager. Anyway you got your reaction..well done

BillyShears said:
Fuck Mancini. He's history. A limited coach and horrible man who was taking our club backwards. Pellegrini deserves all the praise he's getting because he's not only a world class manager, but also a top man who will do what's best for City and not what's best only for him.

Funny as fuck the Mancini lovers who can't bring themselves to be positive about our new manager because they're still pining for the Italian. As well as being very transparent it's all a bit sad.
That's crap Billy.

Many posters on here praised the City under Mancini and defended him to the last but when the deed was done have been optimistic about good times ahead under Pelle.

There may well be a few who wait to be convinced but no harm in that.

Deepest Blue said:
There may well be a few who wait to be convinced but no harm in that.

The overwhelmingly vast majority are like you. But there are a few who basically fold their arms and stick their bottom lips out and start bleating about Mancini whenever a thread about Pellegrini is started. It seems being positive about our new manager is anathema to them because it sullies their memory of the Italian. Which is ironic considering what a horrible negative influence the Italian was around the club and how important it was that for the good of the club he was sacked.

He deals with the media exceptionally well. If he does not like the question he says he does not want to to answer it,but politely and they move on .Looking forward to his meetings with local newspapers and all the rest.

BillyShears said:

Not sure I've seen too many at all who aren't positive about Pellegrini.

franksinatra said:
NoahCity said:
franksinatra said:
Chelsea 2-1, Spurs 3-2, Arsenal away 0-2, Chelsea (semi final). The list goes on.
my point is is that after that period of time, there was no sustained run of good games (aside from 6 game run at end of 11/12 season), you can see that we struggled more and more as the 12/13 season went on, struggling more and more against the bus, struggling against high pressing teams etc.

No we struggled against teams who played well either defensively or offensively and where we did not meet our high standards.

So as we finished second and we struggled against teams who parked the bus and pressured which teams did we do well against?

Without question we did not reach the standards of the previous season. Is that Mancinis fault? Partially maybe? But injuries and loss of form to key players also contributed. Personally I think after his achievements he deserved a season to resolve the issues but still I am happy looking forward to a new era.

Incidentally most team have come to Eastlands have parked the bus and we have only lost twice there in two seasons.
I just feel it was a failure to adjust tactics by Mancini that led to us going a whole season without ever hitting anywhere near top form. Even when we won, it was often a struggle, even against the likes of QPR, Villa, WBA, Wigan we never as an attacking force seemed to be in full flow. Injuries were a part of the problem (fingers crossed this doesn't happen again, was a bit ridiculous last season with players getting injured nearly every game). Also, his talk about the transfers was slightly annoying, no way is Sinclair a plan B for Hazard.

Ducado said:
franksinatra said:
This is exactly what I love about Blue Moon. After a couple of half decent performances, during a few pre season friendlies, by a couple of players, comments have already started about the Pellegrini effect and favourable comparisons to the manager who took us from 6th in the league to FA Cup winners, beat Utd 6-1 and won us the league in the most dramatic style in the history of football against our hated rivals.

Keep up the madness lads. Not a criticism but it is far too early to say.

You make a fair point, some people are far to eager to pass judgement either way, lets wait until the season starts shall we

When Mancini got it right, and played the right team, we were treated to some great football, the 6-1 the 5-1 against Spurs, the last 6 games where we were untouchable ( apart from the QPR game) but there was a yawning gap in the middle 3rd of the season, culminating with the debacle at Arsenal, where we were lost in a sea of tiki-taki blandness, where it was plain to everyman and his dog, that Mancini was playing the wrong team and using the wrong tactics, but for Utd doing a Devon lock, and Mancini throwing the towel in on his mind numbing defensiveness and reverting to the gung-ho style of the opening 3rd of the season, we wouldn't have won the title. it's been mentioned before, but I'll say it again, we won the title inspite of Mancini, not because of, we should've been out of sight long before UTD caved in.
Pellegrini is a vastly experienced manager, his record in Europe, and his ability to maximise his squad, will be what differentiates him, not to mention his man management skills, we won't be seeing anymore training ground dust ups with the manager, or backhanded slurs about doing better after a match winning performance.
Mancini did well with what he had, but he couldn't take the next step and blamed everyone around him, like a grumpy kid chucking round his toys.

samharris said:
Are we already seeing the effect that MP is having on the team?? I know its only pre season but certain players are 'playing better' it seems.

Garcia is doing better, Kolarov is doing better, Dzeko has the eye for goal back(that many knew he had)

These 3 players were the usual culprits last season,are we going to see the real players this season..
It's all true but better might not be good enough for us in the case of Kolarov. I did think Garcia looked very much improved against Sunderland, particularly if you remember his performance at Wigan last season. I have never seen a player with such an anguished look as when he got subbed there. You had to feel for him, he was totally unprepared for the change in leagues.

There is no point in trying to compare Mancini and Pellegrini its like trying to compare an apple and an orange all we can compare is how the squad performs on the pitch over the next season

As for Pellegrini it comes across very clearly from the players that those that have been interviewed and asked the question have nothing but positive things to say but they would though wouldnt they. However there does seem to be a bit more of a relaxed feel around the squad just looking at the training sessions and the Inside City which I believe can only be good for team morale

He comes across as an intelligent calm guy who knows what he is trying to do I hope and think he will push the team on at least I have everything crossed that he can

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.