The pellegrini effect..

TCIB said:
Mancini had his failings yes he is also a very good coach who in the future may learn to be more flexible.
Pellegrini admits he was like this once also but adapted as he saw it was not the way to get 100% out of players.

I thank Mancini but welcome the new management style which as mentioned is showing Kolorov and a few others who were outright dismissed as "shit" here to not be as such.

I hope you are right and I have confidence in MP. However, if the Board continue to let players go above the managers head to get their way (e.g. Joe demanding to play in the FA Cup Final) then MP will feel undermined, just as Roberto was. Usurping the manager can be a recipe for disaster in any club or business. Hopefully, this will not be an issue as Ferran and Txiki have selected MP themselves.

Let's wait and see. What the players are saying is good and early signs are good but let's see where we are in December once the league is fully up and running and the CL group stages are over.

TCIB said:
Mancini had his failings yes he is also a very good coach who in the future may learn to be more flexible.
Pellegrini admits he was like this once also but adapted as he saw it was not the way to get 100% out of players.

I thank Mancini but welcome the new management style which as mentioned is showing Kolorov and a few others who were outright dismissed as "shit" here to not be as such.

I agree with your sentiments and I am equally looking forward to the future with Pellegrini. But as yet we know very little about Pellegrini. It appears he has a better relationship with players but equally has been far less successful than Mancini in management and his sides in Europe (Madrid accepted) are not known for being this free-scoring attacking side many on here seem to think.

For some reason everyone is raving about a manager who has managed us during a few friendlies and making favourable comparisons against the previous incumbent (not you) who achieved so much with the club. A bit of balance would be nice.

You make a good point Frank, i think my comment comes from the assumption his man management would be as effective here as it was at Malaga.
It appears to be so but as you say time will tell.

Some people seem to be finding it hard to grasp that you can like both managers.

Mancini is the man who gave us the ability to win and for that I will always be grateful, no manager in the world (no man in the world) is without his faults but we have to look past these in order to appreciate all the fantastic times we had with Mancini at the helm.

Part of me is sad those days are gone, but this does not mean I can't be excited for Pellegrini. He's a different manager with a different style and I'm sure in ten years time I'll be talking about both with warmth and admiration.

MC ID said:
Some people seem to be finding it hard to grasp that you can like both managers.

Mancini is the man who gave us the ability to win and for that I will always be grateful, no manager in the world (no man in the world) is without his faults but we have to look past these in order to appreciate all the fantastic times we had with Mancini at the helm.

Part of me is sad those days are gone, but this does not mean I can't be excited for Pellegrini. He's a different manager with a different style and I'm sure in ten years time I'll be talking about both with warmth and admiration.

Great post and my feelings exactly.

MC ID said:

I,was gutted when Bob left and im proud to be one of the '700'.. but Im sooooo glad that pellegrini is here now, I have reasons not to want Pellegrini here as stated but the benefit I feel Pelle will bring brushes all else aside..

Thats why I started the thread,i know its early days and too early to start making assumptions but this thread is going strong and gives everyone their chance to say how they feel so far..

what else is there to do ?? ;)

One of the things I like about MP, is that he hasn't given up on certain players that a lot of fans have. Dzeko has been written off, but MP has found use for him. If we don't sell Sinclair, Barry,Kolorov he can get the most out of them to during the season. Can't get rid of everyone you don't like when our manager sees something of use in them.

franksinatra said:
Proelia said:
franksinatra said:
Fell out with players? How terrible, I hope they are ok. The football world is littered with managers who fall out with players and many of them the most successful. Speaks volumes that the other criticisms thrown at him are events we had not experienced or could dream about before his tenure.

Any manager could of one a league with the resources he was giving

Very easy to say but also very difficult to prove. The fact is he did achieve those things, probably gave many of our supporters the best day of their lives last May.

As for the football it was fantastic. 5-1 at Spurs, 6-1 at United, The Spurs home match, last gasp winner against Chelsea, 6-1 at Norwich, need I go on.

Equally I am looking forward to next season but will always be grateful of the past achievements of the club and manager.
Nope, that was Aguero.

moomba said:
Proelia said:
No but the most important thing to do is play attractive, fast and exciting football not the slow shite mancini played , which in turn made us lose 1-0 to shit teams

I consider the last three and a half years of "slow shite" football to have been a pure pleasure to watch.

I feel sorry for those that think otherwise.

Absolutely spot on.

We have played some amazing football over the last three years. We have absolutely dominated United at Old Trafford for the last two years, even Barcelona didn't make them look that bad in the Champions League Final a couple of years back.

It's funny that some people see it as "slow shite" and others actually realise that it's patient, intelligent, attractive football. Sometimes it just doesn't work or you get caught on the break and get beat but if the best players won every game then none of us would ever go to a game because it would be boring and predictable. No style of play is invincible and every team has their positives and negatives, let's hope Pellegrini just adds a Plan B to our already superb team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.