The pellegrini effect..

fatbloke said:
moomba said:
Proelia said:
No but the most important thing to do is play attractive, fast and exciting football not the slow shite mancini played , which in turn made us lose 1-0 to shit teams

I consider the last three and a half years of "slow shite" football to have been a pure pleasure to watch.

I feel sorry for those that think otherwise.

Absolutely spot on.

We have played some amazing football over the last three years. We have absolutely dominated United at Old Trafford for the last two years, even Barcelona didn't make them look that bad in the Champions League Final a couple of years back.

It's funny that some people see it as "slow shite" and others actually realise that it's patient, intelligent, attractive football. Sometimes it just doesn't work or you get caught on the break and get beat but if the best players won every game then none of us would ever go to a game because it would be boring and predictable. No style of play is invincible and every team has their positives and negatives, let's hope Pellegrini just adds a Plan B to our already superb team.
One common thing I notice though is that all of these matches mentioned are before December 2011 (with exception of Norwich 6-1, QPR game).

Daily Telegraph reporter Mark Ogden reflects on Manchester City's win over Sunderland in the Barclays Asia Trophy and discusses Manuel Pellegrini's impact at the Etihad Stadium.

Pellegrini replaced Roberto Mancini earlier this summer and Ogden says the Chilean coach's appointment seems to have gone done well with the City squad.

"He is very different to Mancini," Ogden said, speaking on the Weekend Sports Breakfast. "Mancini was very volatile. Pellegrini is a lot more relaxed and laid back and you can see that in the mood of the squad."

NoahCity said:
fatbloke said:
moomba said:
I consider the last three and a half years of "slow shite" football to have been a pure pleasure to watch.

I feel sorry for those that think otherwise.

Absolutely spot on.

We have played some amazing football over the last three years. We have absolutely dominated United at Old Trafford for the last two years, even Barcelona didn't make them look that bad in the Champions League Final a couple of years back.

It's funny that some people see it as "slow shite" and others actually realise that it's patient, intelligent, attractive football. Sometimes it just doesn't work or you get caught on the break and get beat but if the best players won every game then none of us would ever go to a game because it would be boring and predictable. No style of play is invincible and every team has their positives and negatives, let's hope Pellegrini just adds a Plan B to our already superb team.
One common thing I notice though is that all of these matches mentioned are before December 2011 (with exception of Norwich 6-1, QPR game).

Chelsea 2-1, Spurs 3-2, Arsenal away 0-2, Chelsea (semi final). The list goes on.

franksinatra said:
NoahCity said:
fatbloke said:
Absolutely spot on.

Chelsea 2-1, Spurs 3-2, Arsenal away 0-2, Chelsea (semi final). The list goes on.
my point is is that after that period of time, there was no sustained run of good games (aside from 6 game run at end of 11/12 season), you can see that we struggled more and more as the 12/13 season went on, struggling more and more against the bus, struggling against high pressing teams etc.

Fuck Mancini. He's history. A limited coach and horrible man who was taking our club backwards. Pellegrini deserves all the praise he's getting because he's not only a world class manager, but also a top man who will do what's best for City and not what's best only for him.

Funny as fuck the Mancini lovers who can't bring themselves to be positive about our new manager because they're still pining for the Italian. As well as being very transparent it's all a bit sad.

Dont forget we beat the rags,chelsea and wigan all in the same week so the players could do it if they wanted to regardless of whether they disliked mancini or not

Not me billy,i am really looking foward to this season

franksinatra said:
This is exactly what I love about Blue Moon. After a couple of half decent performances, during a few pre season friendlies, by a couple of players, comments have already started about the Pellegrini effect and favourable comparisons to the manager who took us from 6th in the league to FA Cup winners, beat Utd 6-1 and won us the league in the most dramatic style in the history of football against our hated rivals.

Keep up the madness lads. Not a criticism but it is far too early to say.

You make a fair point, some people are far to eager to pass judgement either way, lets wait until the season starts shall we

NoahCity said:
franksinatra said:
NoahCity said:

my point is is that after that period of time, there was no sustained run of good games (aside from 6 game run at end of 11/12 season), you can see that we struggled more and more as the 12/13 season went on, struggling more and more against the bus, struggling against high pressing teams etc.

No we struggled against teams who played well either defensively or offensively and where we did not meet our high standards.

So as we finished second and we struggled against teams who parked the bus and pressured which teams did we do well against?

Without question we did not reach the standards of the previous season. Is that Mancinis fault? Partially maybe? But injuries and loss of form to key players also contributed. Personally I think after his achievements he deserved a season to resolve the issues but still I am happy looking forward to a new era.

Incidentally most team have come to Eastlands have parked the bus and we have only lost twice there in two seasons.

BillyShears said:
Fuck Mancini. He's history. A limited coach and horrible man who was taking our club backwards. Pellegrini deserves all the praise he's getting because he's not only a world class manager, but also a top man who will do what's best for City and not what's best only for him.

Funny as fuck the Mancini lovers who can't bring themselves to be positive about our new manager because they're still pining for the Italian. As well as being very transparent it's all a bit sad.

I can and I did. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.