The pellegrini effect..

For me Roberto Mancini will always hold an honoured place in the history of our club, and I am not going to join in any of the mean spirited, ludicrously ignorant and simply plain wrong attacks on him by some posters on here who seem to start from the basic premise that those who serve the club are never worthy of such bigoted fans. As a City fan of nearly 60 years I find it hard, however, to be anything other than positive about Manuel Pellegrini. He seems a gentleman, he works quietly and without fuss but he seems to have clear aims and a streak of steel which may serve him well. I have been very impressed with progress in the transfer window so far, though we have to say that great credit must also go to Begiristain and Sorriano, two who were also coming in for much ill informed criticism towards the end of last season. To talk, though, of "the Pellegrini effect" at the moment is totally unrealistic. Asked about his substitutions after the game yesterday he said they were of no tactical significance whatever and that so far all he was concerned with was giving players, more or less, the same number of minutes on the pitch. His concern is fitness. He went on to say that the team selected was probably nothing like the one which would kick off the PL season. I would add that trying to pick out any signs of quicker approach play and a generally quicker tempo on that mud heap is unlikely to be successful. Let's give the man and the players - we haven't even seen Jovetic yet - a bit of time. He's got 3 weeks yet.

Mancini did a great job. Always will be a legend and part of our history. Pellegrini will, I hope, surpass the achievements. The noises from key players sounds like they like him we've got a great squad, so we should expect a great season this year.

BillyShears said:
Deepest Blue said:
There may well be a few who wait to be convinced but no harm in that.

The overwhelmingly vast majority are like you. But there are a few who basically fold their arms and stick their bottom lips out and start bleating about Mancini whenever a thread about Pellegrini is started. It seems being positive about our new manager is anathema to them because it sullies their memory of the Italian. Which is ironic considering what a horrible negative influence the Italian was around the club and how important it was that for the good of the club he was sacked.

Stop referring to him as 'the Italian'. You're posting on a football forum about the ex manager of the club you support, not talking to a therapist about your ex-wife after a particularly bitter divorce :).

-- Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:57 pm --

BillyShears said:
Deepest Blue said:
There may well be a few who wait to be convinced but no harm in that.

The overwhelmingly vast majority are like you. But there are a few who basically fold their arms and stick their bottom lips out and start bleating about Mancini whenever a thread about Pellegrini is started. It seems being positive about our new manager is anathema to them because it sullies their memory of the Italian. Which is ironic considering what a horrible negative influence the Italian was around the club and how important it was that for the good of the club he was sacked.

Stop referring to him as 'the Italian'. You're posting on a football forum about the ex manager of the club you support, not talking to a therapist about your ex-wife after a particularly bitter divorce, I'm sure you can bring yourself to say his name :).

Imagine you are a young, talented footballer in the City academy.

12 months ago your prospects of breaking through to the senior squad were limited and you could be forgiven if your level of personal motivation reflected that.

Those prospects have increased significantly with this change in management and change in management ethos.

People can take the piss out of "holistic" if that is what pleases them.

But I think we will now see a factory of talent production that will be the foundation of the Club for many, many years. That's got to be something worth getting excited about.

franksinatra said:
This is exactly what I love about Blue Moon. After a couple of half decent performances, during a few pre season friendlies, by a couple of players, comments have already started about the Pellegrini effect and favourable comparisons to the manager who took us from 6th in the league to FA Cup winners, beat Utd 6-1 and won us the league in the most dramatic style in the history of football against our hated rivals.

Keep up the madness lads. Not a criticism but it is far too early to say.

It's what fans do. Hope springs eternal and all that. That's why we were still here after 34 years.

My term 'Pellegrini effect' can be many many things, not only how some players seem to have 'upped' their game but also the effect on their behaviour..look at the footage of Chappy in Hong Kong,pissing rain and all laughing and enjoying themselves, the effect on us fans too..we have seen quick buys and have great football ahead of us whilst everyone else is still trying to get targets in..

It is too early to see how we will do on the pitch,but the omens are looking good all round for all of us..

I'll be 100% behind him & the team come what may but the pre season conditioning games have been absolutely wank. Negredo's outside of the boot pass to Dzeko & Milners performance against South China, Dzeko's goal against Sunderland apart the rest has been shite. Lets see what happens in Germany next week. Its a good warm up before the start of the season, good teams & good pitches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.