The Piccadilly Gardens Problem

I've found piccadilly more dangerous than I used to find sections of Claremount road back in the 90s.

Getting rid off the countless bookies and loan shark shops would ease many problems, its only attracted the worse of the vermin Manchester has to offer.

The mental health issue is a valid one, but in all honesty it's the people who we class as normal who can be cunts and are cunts a lot of the time in the city centre itself. It's as if the fabric of decency gets stripped away when you enter Manchester city centre.

It smells as dangerous as it looks, there is no innocence about the city there isn't any warmth it's cold uninviting and feral.
Cold and uninviting, partially naked, except for toffee wrappers
And this morning's papers, Mr Jones got run down
Headlines of death and sorrow, they tell of tomorrow
Madmen on the rampage, and I'm down in the tube station in Piccadilly Gardens at midnight

To be fair to Manchester despite also having lived in Leeds, London and walking around NY several times after midnight I've been mugged twice in 60 yrs both as a kid 1x Arndale 1× Whitefield!

Got 2 bottles put over my head and jumped by a load of black lads in a racist attack there when I was 19. Shithouses, doormen from Yates had to help me out said I was lucky I ain't been stabbed. Was after the 6-1 against Portsmouth.

That’s terrible but not really sure of its relevance to Piccadilly Gardens.

I walked around Birmingham city centre after work last night. I did not see one person begging for the hour I was there.
Whatever Birmingham council are doing our council needs to follow.

Heavy policing in Manchester needs to be employed, what happened to you isn't unusual mate.

Labour conference was on police didn't ring me an ambulance said they were busy with that conference to investigate it, my dad had to drive down from wythenshawe to get me with 2 big gashes in my head haha. Only good thing was the main leader got destroyed and ran off. Went in college the next day looking like the elephant man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.