The Piccadilly Gardens Problem

I remember walking through Picaddilly Gardens on a night out and seeing the fat woman squatting down taking a piss in the middle of Piccadilly Gardens.

Tbh so much of the city center and the outskirts have been done up in the last twenty years I think its nice to have a nice bit of town around Piccadilly gdns and tib st kept as a bit of a leery shit hole otherwise where would all the scrotes and scallys go? Personally I preferred MCR when it was a bit shit, and tidying up the gdns would be like having hygiene in Chinatown. It just wouldn't seem right.

Haha! what a headline `Disgusted of Prague`!

I used to work in the centre in the late 60's early 70's and although it was a bit grimy to say the least the place had some character and the gardens were a nice place

But now, oh my god!

My Czech wife of 14 months (she's my 2nd wife) has been living here about 2 and a half years but we never go into the centre as we live and eat etc. out in Macclesfield and around, but as I said in my earlier post we went to the centre and she was most definitely `Disgusted of Prague` as you say and I was 'Embarrassed of Manchester'

When are the council going to do something about this? For all the good things happening to the city, this place is getting an alarming reputation. Not only is it ugly (what's the craic with the concrete wall?), it seems to be a hotbed for crime and unwelcome activity. In fact, it's the fifth worst crime hotspot in the country.

I spent yesterday in Liverpool and returned to Manchester in the evening, which resulted in me walking through the city via Piccadilly Gardens around 21:00*. For all the shit people like to fling at Liverpool for its 'reputation of crime', if I was a tourist and didn't know either city, I would have thought Manchester was the city harnessing the 'cars on breezeblock' jokes. When I walked through Piccadilly last night it was swarmed with teenage scallies loitering, being loud, aggressive, and just not doing the place any favours in general. There were police officers camped out on each side of the gardens ffs. It's not the first time I've seen it like this, so it doesn't appear to be a one off.

There's so many good things happening to this city and yet we have a real problem right in the heart of it. We shouldn't allow these groups to loiter, it's so unattractive. Shit hole behaviour, not the behaviour you'd expect from one of the central locations of a thriving city.

*Yes I have walked through the centre of Liverpool after 21:00, no big groups of scallies hanging around the areas which are deemed to be central hotspots of the city.
I reckon you hit Liverpool on a good day

It's a shithole.

Not unusual to have scrotes approaching you enquiring if you want to buy sniff, or stolen phones, when you walk through.

Can't be nice if you're a young woman on your own.

It's dark as well, poorly lit. Shit everywhere.

Needs tearing down and building from scratch.

Gun turrets and Vietcong style pit traps would be a welcome addition also.
Halle square circa 1983 in the arndale

piccadilly1948.jpg
piccadilly-gardens.jpg

beautiful

we should just start again with the old one as a template, or just rip off some other european square/piazza, the hagia sophia in istanbull has a stunning gardens and fountain at it's foot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.