The Piccadilly Gardens Problem

I would suggest:

1. Demolish that hideous wall, using volunteer labour if necessary.
2. Turn the 'gardens' back into an actual garden instead of a mass of concrete.
3. Play classical music through loudspeakers 24/7/365. Scrotes can't abide classical music and would soon find somewhere else to gather.
4. Put anyone misbehaving in the area in the stocks, and allow people to hurl rotten vegetables at them for a charge of £1 a go.

Only the last proposal would require legislation.

A man after my own heart, why they ever changed ii is beyond me.

It's an embarrassment to our City. The Planning Officers and Councillors should be ashamed of themselves.

its an absolute dump, have to walk through it most days, druggies everywhere there especially at night. Its not even a garden. there appears to be a lot more homeless people in manchester now swell

It's an eyesore and nothing more than a bus station with a stupid wall and patches of grass, but then the whole approach from malmaison down is pretty shabby.

For me what they need to do is create a southern bus/coach terminus (similar as shuedhill services northern bus routes) next to Picadilly station and get all the buses out of the way, then create a proper gardens or piazza style square but it would be a logistical nightmare changing it from the way it is set up now. they need to remove the wall at least and make it a gardens again at least.

On a side note the old gardens was a muggers hotspot and not nice to walk through at night either, it just looked better than it is now

As an 'out of towner' with no biased opinion on Manchester one way or the other, I'd have to agree that Piccadilly Gardens is awful. A half scrub grass, half concrete mess of an open space and a complete eyesore. Every time I ever see it, it's populated only with wino's, scallies, or, if it's a weekend, people protesting about Israel or other themes du jour. The whole place needs bulldozing, trees planting and enclosing

Absolutely hanging looking place and, as posted, populated by utter cunts. I'd shut down that arcade next to Spar as well, only attracts undesirables and ne'er do wells

I remember the old gardens, it was great in the spring and summer, after a night/morning on the lash it started coming light at 4am to 5am, we used to sit on those benches waiting for the first bus/train back to ashton, used to see blackbirds, blue tits, chaffinches , squirrels etc, shame they had to concrete it over.

Do agree the old gardens did attract some loonballs, but it was a bit of green in the City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.