The Piccadilly Gardens Problem

I frequently cut through Picc. Gardens and agree - it's awful.
It ain't exactly the roughest place to go, but when you consider it's right in the centre of a popular city with alot of business floating around- it should be of a much higher standard.

Without mistake I'll be asked if I wanna score some weed everytime I walk through from Market Street.
The Lucky-Lucky men who are selling the cheap shit aren't growing it themselves or anything, they are just skint guys
desperate and have come over here to earn some dough, and sell the middleclass student types in the area the weed, on behalf of the British scrotes.

The Police aren't bothered.
Just wasting their tie after they arrest the lucky lucky man, he's quickly replaced by another one.
One lad I spoke with outside as I was eating my Burger King was studying engineering degree @ manc (haha) and selling £5 weed bags. fucking joke.

It's a shithole.

Not unusual to have scrotes approaching you enquiring if you want to buy sniff, or stolen phones, when you walk through.

Can't be nice if you're a young woman on your own.

It's dark as well, poorly lit. Shit everywhere.

Needs tearing down and building from scratch.

Gun turrets and Vietcong style pit traps would be a welcome addition also.

For all the good that Pat Karney has done for Manchester, his treatment and views of Piccadilly Gardens will be a stain on his reputation once he goes.

The whole area and Market Street is an embarrassment to Manchester and is actually having a major effect on tourism.

Passes through the "Gardens" and Market Street many times with people from outside the City and they have said how awful it is especially for their first experience of the city once they get off at Piccadilly Station.

The whole area should be paved into one big piazza square with plenty of trees and lights. No places for any of the scrotes and druggies to hide.

Ste is right about the African lads selling weed, if i am in town i use one of these guys and he is spot on. Not bad lads just skint and no job.
The lad i use has gone well out of his way before for me and i will even get a coffee or quick beer with him if time permits.
So yeah it is not great they hang around there but they are not like the scallies that used to knock around trying to sell it and rip you off.
These guys have pretty shit deals but if you fancy a j of a summers day then you can get a bag without risking getting mugged.

Back in the day when it was gardens it was just as bad as now if not worse for scrotes and piss heads tbh. Get it well lit with a perm patrol and not nazi coppers either.
It had to many shady corners when it was the gardens and badly lit at night.
You still get the scrotes now just less of them.

There is a sea front strip in Holland with lots of lovely bars with weird and stylish seating around fire pits and such, Picc would look great with such places.

The whole of Market street and Picc needs sorting imo, even if it needs closing off for a few months whilst they do it.

They only put the concrete wall in to shoehorn a shit coffee shop and noodle bar into the plans. Media City is great IMHO seats made from concrete and steel not wood in a city where it rains constantly,a few trees,open space for events etc and properly built without wobbly cobbles.
For me the first thing i'd do is clear the whole thing and get rid of the wall and the units attached square it off and put a big fuck off fountain in the middle plant some nice big trees and put some UK proof seating in.
syntagma-best.jpg

Last edited:
Ste is right about the African lads selling weed, if i am in town i use one of these guys and he is spot on. Not bad lads just skint and no job.
The lad i use has gone well out of his way before for me and i will even get a coffee or quick beer with him if time permits.
So yeah it is not great they hang around there but they are not like the scallies that used to knock around trying to sell it and rip you off.
These guys have pretty shit deals but if you fancy a j of a summers day then you can get a bag without risking getting mugged.

Back in the day when it was gardens it was just as bad as now if not worse for scrotes and piss heads tbh. Get it well lit with a perm patrol and not nazi coppers either.
It had to many shady corners when it was the gardens and badly lit at night.
You still get the scrotes now just less of them.

There is a sea front strip in Holland with lots of lovely bars with weird and stylish seating around fire pits and such, Picc would look great with such places.

The whole of Market street and Picc needs sorting imo, even if it needs closing off for a few months whilst they do it.
Are we parking another van?

Haha not a bad idea that.

We have the green quarter popping up looking nice and slick, Northern quarter is going well, media city/river irwell area is always being updated.
The main part of town like people say (where visitors see first) is outdated and just ugly. It is a great city i think but the gardens is not a poor and unrepresentative advert for the city.

Being serious is there actually any reason to call it piccadilly gardens anymore? Should just change it to piccadilly square cause that's all it is, a shit eye sore of a square!

It is a dump full of pond life and white trash. After the city game, I jumped on the met from there and some scumbag through a glass bottle narrowly missing somebody which shattered everywhere. Not something families want to see on a day out to the town centre.

I went into the centre for the first time in many years about a month ago. I walked down from Piccadilly station through the "gardens" and on to the Arndale etc.

I just thought "what a fucking dump this place is"

Why would anybody want to be a tourist in a shit hole like this?

To make things worse my Czech wife was with me on her first ever visit, she wasn't impressed at all!
Haha! what a headline `Disgusted of Prague`!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.