The PL table as it stands...

blue_soundwave said:
Looking at the competition so far, we've got a good chance of getting one of the automatic places.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not getting my hopes up about winning the title (yet) but I really think we can pip one of them to 3rd place (which sounds so much better than 4th).

Also...imagine finishing above the rags this season <drools>.

Garry.Cook said:
1. Chelsea
2. United
3. Arsenal
4. City
--------------------

If you had the chance to take that now, would you?

Some people will say "OMG idiot of course we'd take it" but people are seriously talking about 3rd, 2nd or even title challenging for this season.

Would you be happy to take 4th for this season or do you have higher hopes after our start?

I wouldn't take it. I'd like to see how United and Arsenal's seasons pan out first. I think we're in with a shout for second and we'll get stronger as some of our injuries clear up. I'd also like to think that we've shown the rest of the League how to play against Chelsea, although you have to say, they are looking a tough nut to crack in terms of winning the League this year.

Garry.Cook said:
1. Chelsea
2. United
3. Arsenal
4. City
--------------------

Some people will say "OMG idiot of course we'd take it" but people are seriously talking about 3rd, 2nd or even title challenging for this season.

Would you be happy to take 4th for this season or do you have higher hopes after our start?

We have a stronger starting eleven still to make its appearance, and just as soon as we play teams below us in the table on the same footing as we played yesterday, we can mount a credible challenge to any of those three. So, no, I wouldn't have that at the moment.

I'd rather ask the same question come christmas, lets see if we can get a run going.

Garry.Cook said:
1. Chelsea
2. United
3. Arsenal
4. City
--------------------

I think the sooner managers from other teams realise that Arsenal and especially the Rags aren't to be feared anymore and actually try to beat them [Mcarthy take note] the the sooner other teams can have some success against them like WBA yesterday and Fulham, Bolton today and Everton have shown against the Rags.
I believe we are certainly well equipped to take 2nd place behind Chelsea who are def a class above the other 2. If we can become consistent and stop dropping silly points against the likes of Blackburn and increase our goals for column [which we will with Kol. Bol and Boa back] then why not get second? Respect the other 2 and maybe spuds but certainly not fear them anymore.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.