The Post General Election Thread

whp.blue said:
The idea of devolving power to the North west is a master stroke
The idiots in Manchester will go with outdated labour policies and even the short sighted the northern Labour voters will realize that the only people to blame will be Labour politicians.

This will undoubted be an unmitigated disaster for Manchester
The Conservatives have very little to loose in the North West so I actually think they have been very clever

You're not actually being ironic or trying to be funny there are you?

A perfect week of governance from our majority leaders this week. Reading the daily mail with a pint of lager after a week of work fills me with pride that the nation is finally seeing sense.

Rascal said:
whp.blue said:
The idiots in Manchester will go with outdated labour policies and even the short sighted the northern Labour voters will realize that the only people to blame will be Labour politicians.

The Conservatives have very little to loose in the North West so I actually think they have been very clever.

So you dont care Manchester faces huge cuts in its budget as long as the Tories gain votes.

Kin ell that is selfish. Manchester has some of the poorest areas in the EU ffs.

Indeed it does, and this proposal doesn't address any of that.

I thought it was the left that dealt in semantics? As you say, when the FT states...

"The prize on offer for devolved city administration is not financial but attitudinal.

You have to ask what's being devolved? The blame?

whp.blue might be spot on. If the money is to be cut even further, which the Tories admit it will, maybe the people will blame the local monkey rather than the Westminister organ grinder. You'd have to believe people are really stupid to do that, but whp.blue and his merry band really think folk are that stupid.

Divide and rule is the only thing these right wing fuckers do really well, so whp.blue might well be right.

worsleyweb said:
Reading the daily mail with a pint of lager after a week of work fills me with pride that the nation is finally seeing sense.

I think you'll find that sensation is the pint of lager filling you with piss.

The perfect fumble said:
worsleyweb said:
Reading the daily mail with a pint of lager after a week of work fills me with pride that the nation is finally seeing sense.

You lefties are the biggest danger this country faces.

Rascal said:
whp.blue said:

The Conservatives have very little to loose in the North West so I actually think they have been very clever.

So you dont care Manchester faces huge cuts in its budget as long as the Tories gain votes.

Kin ell that is selfish. Manchester has some of the poorest areas in the EU ffs.
And just how will further Labour driven mismanagement resolve that?
I would trust a Labour Lord Mayor with loose change let alone £6bn

I would sooner the Idea be scrapped altogether Some people in the North West are doing ok and no matter how many times you try to Demonize it it still isn't a crime to work hard and be successful even in Labour Manchester.

Left wingers in the north west have been crying out for this and the saying "Give someone enough rope" comes to mind.

worsleyweb said:
The perfect fumble said:
worsleyweb said:

You lefties are the biggest danger this country faces.

Past tense.

whp.blue said:

I would sooner the Idea be scrapped altogether Some people in the North West are doing ok and no matter how many times you try to Demonize it it still isn't a crime to work hard and be successful even in Labour Manchester.

Left wingers in the north west have been crying out for this and the saying "Give someone enough rope" comes to mind.

Why do you persist with the nonsense that i think its wrong for people to do well. That is just fucking bizarre mate. I want everyone to do well. Everyone...everyone ..capiche?

I want an Independent North West responsible for itself and not reliant on London generosity and that is regardless of who is in power. Im sick of being ruled by London and by people who just do not understand the problems Manchester and the Northern cities have. The country is all about London and as a proud Salfordian i want what is best for us and fuck them.

CAN I POSSIBLY MAKE THAT ANY CLEARER?

chabal said:
whp.blue said:

The Conservatives have very little to loose in the North West so I actually think they have been very clever

You're not actually being ironic or trying to be funny there are you?

No, he's being truthful, if seven million don't register to vote, and at least a third who register don't vote at all and the young are unreliable voters compared to those over 55 or so, and the Scots don't vote Tory, and you can win a first past the post election by carrying the South East, the East and now the South West, why should the Tories give a fuck about the North West?

You have to get in to their mind set, the right believe there is no alternative to austerity and that griping about cuts is nothing more than a form of cowardice or a deranged left wing fairy tale of none existent milk and honey, only they, the Tories, have the fortitude to pursue the "national interest" and balance the books and if the Tories lock in Labour run cities as unwitting outriders by getting them to implement the cuts for them it's a masterstroke of low politics and who's to say they're wrong?

Rascal said:
whp.blue said:

Why do you persist with the nonsense that i think its wrong for people to do well. That is just fucking bizarre mate. I want everyone to do well. Everyone...everyone ..capiche?

I want an Independent North West responsible for itself and not reliant on London generosity and that is regardless of who is in power. Im sick of being ruled by London and by people who just do not understand the problems Manchester and the Northern cities have. The country is all about London and as a proud Salfordian i want what is best for us and fuck them.

CAN I POSSIBLY MAKE THAT ANY CLEARER?

You don't understand, we live in a world where words do not mean what they say flexible workforce does not mean zero hours contracts, where slashing welfare is really freeing people from "Welfare dependency" where the "Bedroom tax" is is not a tax because income has been redefined.

And where "devolving power" does not mean "devolving blame". or heaven forfend anything associated with the dreaded phrase local democracy.

clearly we need one of those FT "attitudinal" changes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.