The Post General Election Thread

whp.blue said:
law74 said:
whp.blue said:
One of the great things about living in this country is if you don't like your job or what you are paid you can always change it. If you feel, like a lot of the left wingers. that all the bosses are making a fortune off the back of the workers. Then when you give up your crap job you can become your own boss and set up your own business and gain all those rewards for yourself. You can then pay all your staff £15.00 hour and give them 10 weeks holiday a year and in no time at all you will be worth millions as you will have a hugely motivated work force.
Go out and do it it's dead easy honest.
Or we can remove the unsocial hours allowance & when the young nurses emigrate to Australia bring in east European nurses

That has some very poor Racist undertones. I am sure there are already plenty of East European Nurses already doing a very good job within the NHS. And I agree it is the right of any worker to move to improve their lot and it doesn't really matter where they go.
& it is those on the right that complain about "migrant workers" but fail to see the consequences of their policies.

Cheesy said:
If you sign up for a job where you knwo you will be working shifts why should you get a shift allowance?

If you sign up for a job where you know you're getting a shift allowance, why accept standard pay?

The perfect fumble said:
mackenzie said:
The perfect fumble said:
Give me strength!
Unbelievable isn't it.

And the Tories wonder why they're hated.

Urmston might be blunt but he knows his stuff. Not going into specifics about the shift premium but I have just studied the nurses Salary and benefits for 5 minutes and nurses can do very well with sunday double times and overtime working. Quite possible to earn 50k plus - note they get 33 days holiday after ten years and salary is based on a 37.5 hour week.

Looked at the pension benefits - 1/54th final salary pension scheme. Unrivalled to any pension available in the private sector.

I maintain that many in the public sector have no idea how hard it has been in the private sector. The health service has to become a 7 day service. How can we pay for that and an aging population?

In the fire service it has been asked about unsocial hours payment etc, we have been told this is built into our salary, fair enough I know what I signed for and I'm happy with it, I accept working nights and weekends etc. however if they came along and said they are taking away that part say 25% this £7.5k a year Id be worse off, should I just accept that, would anyone here in public or private accept that? There's a little thing called a contract it's there for a reason. If the do that to the nurses what to stop them doing it to police etc?
As for saying nurses will leave and we can employ Eastern Europeans how about from the Philippines as well because that's worked out well in Stockport hasn't it!!

worsleyweb said:
The perfect fumble said:
mackenzie said:
Unbelievable isn't it.

Urmston might be blunt but he knows his stuff. Not going into specifics about the shift premium but I have just studied the nurses Salary and benefits for 5 minutes and nurses can do very well with sunday double times and overtime working. Quite possible to earn 50k plus - note they get 33 days holiday after ten years and salary is based on a 37.5 hour week.

Looked at the pension benefits - 1/54th final salary pension scheme. Unrivalled to any pension available in the private sector.

I maintain that many in the public sector have no idea how hard it has been in the private sector. The health service has to become a 7 day service. How can we pay for that and an aging population?
collecting more of the tax due would be a good place to start

Damocles said:
Cheesy said:
If you sign up for a job where you knwo you will be working shifts why should you get a shift allowance?

If you sign up for a job where you know you're getting a shift allowance, why accept standard pay?

Things change in Business all the time and the one thing that always trumps contracts is "Needs of the Business" making Contracts almost worthless in the real world

The NHS should be no different

law74 said:
worsleyweb said:
The perfect fumble said:

Totally agree as does david Cameron and George Osborne

So they can earn £50k but I'd look from the other side why do they need to do so much overtime, work weekends? If they were paid properly they probably wouldnt, they have to offer those incentives to get them in to do the cleaning up of sick, shit dealing with drunks on a Friday night because let's face it would you do it for a shit pay packet? The same can be said of the police as well.

law74 said:
worsleyweb said:
The perfect fumble said:

great idea especially if done in tandem with the Paying less in Benefits starting point for a fairer Country

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.