The Post General Election Thread

whp.blue said:
chabal said:
whp.blue said:
Things change in Business all the time and the one thing that always trumps contracts is "Needs of the Business" making Contracts almost worthless in the real world

The NHS should be no different

Contracts only become worthless when one party has too much power.

A contract of employment is a legally binding document and should only be changed when consented to by both parties.

However, because the costs of submitting an ET claim are so prohibitive (circa £1200) then the employer tends to get away with breaches of contract.

I have fell foul of this in the past where an Employer successfully argued that massive changes needed to be made to contracts or the company would likely go out of business he was allowed to change the contracts and working conditions to keep 85 people in work[/quote]

Which is lovely when it is agreed to by both parties.

Monday 4th May 2015 my MP said that they were concerned about the number of doctors consultants and nurses emigrating.
Attacking a part of the terms and conditions of employment i am sure would be a great way to stop this

totallywired said:
Lucky13 said:
The perfect fumble said:
And the Tories wonder why they're hated.

Still drinking the bitter tears of defeat, glorious.
Nope, just getting ready for the fightback. Starting with our National Rail strike next Monday. Lets hear the Tories bleat about that! HaHA!!

The fight back against a stunning democratic Election Victory , my cup runneth over.

totallywired said:
Lucky13 said:
The perfect fumble said:
And the Tories wonder why they're hated.

Nope, just getting ready for the fightback. Starting with our National Rail strike next Monday. Lets hear the Tories bleat about that! HaHA!!

There is a sort of honesty about the Tories though that I do admire.

Labour are often accused of being bitter, out to screw the wealth creators and risk takers, but in power they rarely do. The Tories are accused of class warfare, out to screw the working classes and the poor, and in power that's precisely what they do.

karen7 said:
I can't believe any of you begrudge nurses a decent salary

As for the 50k claim i would love to know where that comes from mark and how many nurses could get that,it's only very senior nurses and nurse practioners who could get near that

Kaz - I don't degrade them there money but it is a falicy to say it does not pay ok. Here's a saving idea - make the working week 40 hours and pay them pro rata for the extra 2.5 hours and overtime kicks in after 40 hours. Would save millions. It all comes down to whether you believe the country has to make savings or not. I firmly believe that we do. I don't know how many nurses earn over 50k. The article I read actually was about some earning 100k but I didn't want to provoke too much anger!

I Wish I could afford to give my staff a 1/54th non contributory pension scheme and 33 days holiday plus bank holidays each year.

The perfect fumble said:
totallywired said:
Lucky13 said:

Labour are often accused of being bitter, out to screw the wealth creators and risk takers, but in power they rarely do. The Tories are accused of class warfare, out to screw the working classes and the poor, and in power that's precisely what they do.

Imagine if I had threatened to go on strike in the middle of the recession? I would sack anyone who goes on strike.

worsleyweb said:
karen7 said:
I can't believe any of you begrudge nurses a decent salary

As for the 50k claim i would love to know where that comes from mark and how many nurses could get that,it's only very senior nurses and nurse practioners who could get near that

Kaz - I don't degrade them there money but it is a falicy to say it does not pay ok. Here's a saving idea - make the working week 40 hours and pay them pro rata for the extra 2.5 hours and overtime kicks in after 40 hours. Would save millions. It all comes down to whether you believe the country has to make savings or not. I firmly believe that we do. I don't know how many nurses earn over 50k. The article I read actually was about some earning 100k but I didn't want to provoke too much anger!

I Wish I could afford to give my staff a 1/54th non contributory pension scheme and 33 days holiday plus bank holidays each year.

They get the pension and holiday rights because the pay is so low for the vast majority of them.No way should they take any bashing to pay off the deficit.Nursing is a demanding and emotional career,the stuff they have to do most would turn up their nose at.They are the wrong target

worsleyweb said:
The perfect fumble said:
totallywired said:

Imagine if I had threatened to go on strike in the middle of the recession? I would sack anyone who goes on strike.
you would be sacking millions of people in the next year or so then

worsleyweb said:
The perfect fumble said:
totallywired said:

eb96528ac6e2418f8839cf0a82c70dfd.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.