The Post General Election Thread

worsleyweb said:
Blue Maverick said:
So they can earn £50k but I'd look from the other side why do they need to do so much overtime, work weekends? If they were paid properly they probably wouldnt, they have to offer those incentives to get them in to do the cleaning up of sick, shit dealing with drunks on a Friday night because let's face it would you do it for a shit pay packet? The same can be said of the police as well.

I wish I worked 37.5 hours a week and had 6.5 weeks plus bank holidays per year. This is not an attack on nurses but the ability to work an extra say 7 to 10 hours a week at double time makes it not a bad number. Through in the pension pot and it's not bad at all.
Those headline figures look good, but I'd suggest that not many are on £50k a year. The ones who do are very senior. A bit like the Army, where the harder you work, the more courses you do, the better you get on. At the top end of the non-commissioned ranks you can earn around £50k, but it's very few who get there.

I certainly wouldn't do a nursing job, as they deal with, and take, far too much shit.

Anyway, we appear to have veered off into how nurses are paid a ridiculous wage, alongside ludicrous enhancements, and a disgracefully generous pension......!

The perfect fumble said:
worsleyweb said:
The perfect fumble said:
There is a sort of honesty about the Tories though that I do admire.

Labour are often accused of being bitter, out to screw the wealth creators and risk takers, but in power they rarely do. The Tories are accused of class warfare, out to screw the working classes and the poor, and in power that's precisely what they do.

Imagine if I had threatened to go on strike in the middle of the recession? I would sack anyone who goes on strike.
eb96528ac6e2418f8839cf0a82c70dfd.jpg

[bigimg]https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1400/41/1400419395950.jpg[/bigimg]

The perfect fumble said:
Lucky13 said:
totallywired said:
Nope, just getting ready for the fightback. Starting with our National Rail strike next Monday. Lets hear the Tories bleat about that! HaHA!!

my cup runneth over.

While you're waiting for a train presumably.

If it stops a drunk train driver from working , I'm all for strikes.

RMT Leader defends drunk train driver.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/11405477/Union-leader-on-air-meltdown-defending-drunk-tube-driver.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... river.html</a>

Kaz - I would and could not be a nurse for 200k a year. Simple fact is we need to cut costs. Look at the national debt clock.

worsleyweb said:
Kaz - I would and could not be a nurse for 200k a year. Simple fact is we need to cut costs. Look at the national debt clock.

I don't give a shit about the debt,nurses are the wrong target
Cut NHS managers if you want or get the tories to get the money off their rich mates

karen7 said:
worsleyweb said:

Cut NHS managers if you want or get the tories to get the money off their rich mates
Now, there's a scandal that needs uncloaking. You can't go 20 yards in a hospital without walking into a manager. If any of you have kids who are about to go to uni, get them onto a subject like Healthcare Management. There is a shit load of money in NHS management, and they certainly don't start on the minimum wage either. Oh, and not to mention gongs!

law74 said:
worsleyweb said:
The perfect fumble said:
There is a sort of honesty about the Tories though that I do admire.

Labour are often accused of being bitter, out to screw the wealth creators and risk takers, but in power they rarely do. The Tories are accused of class warfare, out to screw the working classes and the poor, and in power that's precisely what they do.

Imagine if I had threatened to go on strike in the middle of the recession? I would sack anyone who goes on strike.
you would be sacking millions of people in the next year or so then

May be a way to get the long term unemployed into work with all those new vacancies.

just saying like

malg said:
karen7 said:
worsleyweb said:

Now, there's a scandal that needs uncloaking. You can't go 20 yards in a hospital without walking into a manager. If any of you have kids who are about to go to uni, get them onto a subject like Healthcare Management. There is a shit load of money in NHS management, and they certainly don't start on the minimum wage either. Oh, and not to mention gongs!

Perhaps they are cymbalic.

Lucky13 said:
The perfect fumble said:
Lucky13 said:
my cup runneth over.

While you're waiting for a train presumably.

If it stops a drunk train driver from working , I'm all for strikes.

RMT Leader defends drunk train driver.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/11405477/Union-leader-on-air-meltdown-defending-drunk-tube-driver.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... river.html</a>

As a right wing union member I feel I should complain not sure about what though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.