The Post General Election Thread

@urmston
You dodged my question, all three parts of it.
Should I remind you? Teach First, School Direct and when did you train (not retrain so bitterly).

I didn't ask you about PGCE courses for that specific reason. Suggests it was a long while since you trained and know little of the alternative training methods used now.

I'm assuming as a returning teacher you are/were not in a position to comment on the school based training to any real depth, just as you belittle your own qualifications against those who have none. If you had even the slightest knowledge of the current training you would perhaps know why PGCE courses are being scrapped in favour of them.

If you're happy to see teachers without degrees teaching children more able than themselves then I would think you have little appetite for the quality of teaching and depth of student understanding. Personally I think our most precious resource deserves better.

Number 10 have asked an all party parliamentary group NOT to award MP'S wage rise, true altruism! Some of you might have to Google the meaning of that.

The difference between an Academy and a state school is that the latter has to employ fully trained qualified teachers, Academies can employ monkeys
This saves the Academy money which goes back into the sponsors pocket or pays huge bonuses to the leaders
I'm not qualified to comment on academies v State schools as it's not a subject I've taken much interest in. All I know is, my grandaughter's school in Widnes was changed to an academy and the resultant change for the better is astounding; she says that a couple of the bad teachers have been replaced, discipline is far better and the overall atmosphere of the place is far better.
As I said, I don't know if this scenario is commonplace but from what she says it sounds like improvement.

I'm not qualified to comment on academies v State schools as it's not a subject I've taken much interest in. All I know is, my grandaughter's school in Widnes was changed to an academy and the resultant change for the better is astounding; she says that a couple of the bad teachers have been replaced, discipline is far better and the overall atmosphere of the place is far better.
As I said, I don't know if this scenario is commonplace but from what she says it sounds like improvement.
I'm not criticising the people who work in Academies as they work very hard, and I have set two up in the past.
What I'm saying is they are allowed to do things that state schools are not allowed to do, some for good and some not so.

@urmston
You dodged my question, all three parts of it.
Should I remind you? Teach First, School Direct and when did you train (not retrain so bitterly).

I didn't ask you about PGCE courses for that specific reason. Suggests it was a long while since you trained and know little of the alternative training methods used now.

I'm assuming as a returning teacher you are/were not in a position to comment on the school based training to any real depth, just as you belittle your own qualifications against those who have none. If you had even the slightest knowledge of the current training you would perhaps know why PGCE courses are being scrapped in favour of them.

If you're happy to see teachers without degrees teaching children more able than themselves then I would think you have little appetite for the quality of teaching and depth of student understanding. Personally I think our most precious resource deserves better.

Why did you say I retrained 'bitterly'?

You haven't a clue about how I felt about my useless refresher course, all paid for by the taxpayer with a small wage paid to me as well.

So I'll tell you. It was a very pleasant and undemanding 3 months in a lovely location with interesting course mates. It was a largely a waste of taxpayers money but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I'm in favour of alternatives to PGCE courses. They were and are a very poor form of training, often run by lecturers who haven't been in a classroom for years if at all, and who have no experience of teaching using the latest fads and fashions they promote, and consequently little idea if they work or not.

I have close and personal experience of new teacher training procedures, and in my opinion they are much better than dated, pseudo-academic PGCE courses taught by staff with dated or non-existent teaching experience.

Why did you say I retrained 'bitterly'?

You haven't a clue about how I felt about my useless refresher course, all paid for by the taxpayer with a small wage paid to me as well.

So I'll tell you. It was a very pleasant and undemanding 3 months in a lovely location with interesting course mates. It was a largely a waste of taxpayers money but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I'm in favour of alternatives to PGCE courses. They were and are a very poor form of training, often run by lecturers who haven't been in a classroom for years if at all, and who have no experience of teaching using the latest fads and fashions they promote, and consequently little idea if they work or not.

I have close and personal experience of new teacher training procedures, and in my opinion they are much better than dated, pseudo-academic PGCE courses taught by staff with dated or non-existent teaching experience.

I am intrigued as to what you teach

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.