The Post General Election Thread

Revisionism? - sorry "fucking excellent revisionism" - I love your witty if random use of expletives - it imbues your posts with a real sense of eloquence and perspicacity.
Anyway , which part is a re-writing of the facts?
"One election labour should have smashed . Austerity , double dip , tuition fees , bankers"
The about turn on tuition fees were blamed on the weakness of the libdems, and as a result , their vote collapsed, just as was widely predicted. The other points were all blamed, by Dave and Gideon , on the "previous labour government" for their economic incompetence - a view which appealed to swathes of voters.
The fear of the Labour Party forming a minority government with the SNP dictating policy over their shoulder was again a fearful prediction lapped up by many voters.
The perception of Milliband being an unelectable buffoon with no charisma or policies,but having an embarrassing lump of carved stone, was again a widely held view generally accepted by large numbers of voters.
The libdem collapse was entirely predictable and was entirely predicted as traditional Libdem voters felt betrayed by their own party.
"My mob" as you so elegantly put it ( I am not now and have never been a member of any political party) were poorly led, had policies which generally did not appeal to the majority of voters , and got what they electorally deserved. To use your analogy "they were shite"
With all these political open goals , and armed with the promise of miracle economic recovery , the Tories increased their vote by an amazing 0.8%.
That is not in any way shape or form a ringing endorsement of Tory philosophy or government . This was a victory for a well oiled electoral machine and the most effective negative campaigning ever seen.
If the voters had wanted to show their support for the Tories , with the fertile political ground on which they were standing, and the perceived unelectibility of the Labour Party, and the fear of the Celtic hordes, they would have won the election by a landslide- but they didn't.
Why do think that was?
I think it was a stunning victory and given the fact your 20:20 hindsight seems to be in overdrive, you should have put some money on a Tory majority then shouldn't you, what with it being a shoe in they'd win the thing.

It was a victory for common sense and the working man.

Had my brand new Land Rover stolen yesterday and the police have said they do not have the resources to check the cctv over several hours. The officer was complaining about the level of cuts and saying they are completely overstretched.

I therefore apologise for every single right wing post I have made pre and post election. This would never have happened under labour and cameron is a ****.

Rascal - can we share a homemade soup at the first home game and you can teach me about communism?

I thought Land Rovers had that security app thing.

I thought Land Rovers had that security app thing.

Go on line and look at locksmithing sites and the like - key fobs to override alarms, immobilisers and central locking are freely available and inexpensive. Often make and model specific and constantly being updated. If they want your car they will take it - unless you have a security tiger inside or something.

Was doing some research for work - insurance industry - and when you question why these things are available the answer is easy - any jobbing mechanic locksmith or aa type patrolman may need them to override a system when some numpty locks themselves out of a car or loses a key. Allegedly it hasn't occurred to them that somebody who is say a keen collector of late model Land Rovers but lacks the funds to keep up his interest may just buy one and help himself.

We bought a couple - in the interests of research - had real fun watching a parcel delivery guy over the road - he would lock his van and go to walk away and we would unlock it remotely so he had to turn round and come back - must have been near a fucking breakdown when he thought stuff it and delivered his parcel not caring whether his Sprinter was locked or not !!

I think it was a stunning victory and given the fact your 20:20 hindsight seems to be in overdrive, you should have put some money on a Tory majority then shouldn't you, what with it being a shoe in they'd win the thing.

It was a victory for common sense and the working man.
Well , they never were a "shoo in" - even the professional pollsters got that one hopelessly wrong, and apparently Mrs. Cameron had provisionally booked the removal vans , so confident were they.
Like I say - if you think that was a stunning victory for the Tories rather than a stunning loss for labour/ libdems , then you are letting your ideology run away with your intelligence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.