The Post General Election Thread

Weren't too accurate

Surely the fault of the compilers and analysts?

Nah - it was Citys fault and this led Arsenal to break the rules on the Chambers transfer - it was this with them having one eye on FFP that caused the pollsters to misread the data and predict a hung Parliament - pretty elementary if you think about it. SSN and Talksport will be reporting this very soon.

Well , they never were a "shoo in" - even the professional pollsters got that one hopelessly wrong, and apparently Mrs. Cameron had provisionally booked the removal vans , so confident were they.
Like I say - if you think that was a stunning victory for the Tories rather than a stunning loss for labour/ libdems , then you are letting your ideology run away with your intelligence.
It was a massive surprise to the Tories. They knew their campaign had been negative and that their one hope was appealing for a continuation of the status quo, seeing that the electorate hadn't voted out an incumbent first term government for nearly 40 years. They used that old trick of asking for more time, one that the electorate will now see.
That Labour didn't win was no surprise really. The UKIP party were always going to take votes off Labour as well as the Tories. Labour were, and have been for a while, struggling with an identity. If a party struggles with that they lose votes.

It was a massive surprise to the Tories. They knew their campaign had been negative and that their one hope was appealing for a continuation of the status quo, seeing that the electorate hadn't voted out an incumbent first term government for nearly 40 years. They used that old trick of asking for more time, one that the electorate will now see.
That Labour didn't win was no surprise really. The UKIP party were always going to take votes off Labour as well as the Tories. Labour were, and have been for a while, struggling with an identity. If a party struggles with that they lose votes.
Precisely my point !
The Tories won by default because labour well and truly lost it.

Context my boy, context. Read the post again and then take it in context. Its not hard, im sure you can work it out.

The only politics of envy i see are those who for some reason envy people on welfare. I have no issue with those who work hard, pay their tax and contribute to society. Absolutly no issue at all.

But context. You make the poor work harder by "cutting" welfare.....and you make the rich work harder by "Raising" bonuses. If you can not see the contradicition in that then i may as well give up, close my account and post on rag cafe.

much as I despise the rags I wouldn't wish you on them

Last edited:

was a surprise the size of the win but they were always going to win. i said all along i didn't believe the polls. it doesn't matter to me how it was achieved i'm just glad the British people got behind Dave. a victory for all of the people, even the cadgers.

Arise Sir Paul Kenny , the bloke who gave Beaker £7.5m to win the Election , gets a Knighthood off ? , yes you've guessed correctly , Beaker , solidarity comrades.

In 2013 he criticised the Labour leadership as “the people who brought us the cash for honours scandals”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...sometime-honours-critic-is-made-a-knight.html

Tories face fresh cash for titles storm as former party treasurer who donated more than £1.9million is given knighthood

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-9million-given-knighthood.html#ixzz3cv05Ax5H

Last edited:
It is heartwarming to see folk convincing themselves that the electorate didn't really want the Conservatives in; it seems to be a form of self justification that everyone really hates them, and if Labour hadn't been so inneffective people would, naturally, vote for Labour. As these people also believe that once Labour gets 'Back to it's roots,' which means proper left wing policies as espoused by the spectacularly successful Foot and Kinnock, they will be able to launch a proper assault on the Tories come 2020.
The only way they'll have an earthly is if they ditch this stance, which most can see is as plain as a pikestaff, but no, it looks like a Burnham led party is going to take them into the sunlit uplands.
Dave and Co. must be chuckling like fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.