The Post General Election Thread

It is heartwarming to see folk convincing themselves that the electorate didn't really want the Conservatives in; it seems to be a form of self justification that everyone really hates them, and if Labour hadn't been so inneffective people would, naturally, vote for Labour. As these people also believe that once Labour gets 'Back to it's roots,' which means proper left wing policies as espoused by the spectacularly successful Foot and Kinnock, they will be able to launch a proper assault on the Tories come 2020.
The only way they'll have an earthly is if they ditch this stance, which most can see is as plain as a pikestaff, but no, it looks like a Burnham led party is going to take them into the sunlit uplands.
Dave and Co. must be chuckling like fuck.

Always the victim, never their fault, the bin dippers of politics.

Had my brand new Land Rover stolen yesterday and the police have said they do not have the resources to check the cctv over several hours. The officer was complaining about the level of cuts and saying they are completely overstretched.

I therefore apologise for every single right wing post I have made pre and post election. This would never have happened under labour and cameron is a ****.

Rascal - can we share a homemade soup at the first home game and you can teach me about communism?
Gotcha ! A Chelsea farmer hey ?

It is heartwarming to see folk convincing themselves that the electorate didn't really want the Conservatives in; it seems to be a form of self justification that everyone really hates them, and if Labour hadn't been so inneffective people would, naturally, vote for Labour. As these people also believe that once Labour gets 'Back to it's roots,' which means proper left wing policies as espoused by the spectacularly successful Foot and Kinnock, they will be able to launch a proper assault on the Tories come 2020.
The only way they'll have an earthly is if they ditch this stance, which most can see is as plain as a pikestaff, but no, it looks like a Burnham led party is going to take them into the sunlit uplands.
Dave and Co. must be chuckling like fuck.
It's not that the electorate "didn't really want the conservatives in" - patently enough people did want them in to vote for them.
Nobody thinks that everyone really hates them, obviously enough people think otherwise to make them the government.
I think it's a fairly indisputable point that if labour hadn't been so ineffective , then more people would have voted for them - that much is self-evident (same with the libdems)
It is also rather apparent,by the same token, that had the electorate been so impressed and convinced by the "economic miracle" of recovery from Dave and George , then they would have swept them into power with a convincing majority , like they did with Thatcher and Blair, but they didn't - they had the same core vote as 2010 plus 0.8% - probably a few thousand more votes, distributed in a very beneficial way.
It's not so much that they didn't want the Tories in government, but that they wanted an SNP influenced minority labour administration even less.
This election was a triumph of negative campaigning - eliminate what you want least of ,and you get what's left (to paraphrase Sherlock Holmes).

It's not that the electorate "didn't really want the conservatives in" - patently enough people did want them in to vote for them.
Nobody thinks that everyone really hates them, obviously enough people think otherwise to make them the government.
I think it's a fairly indisputable point that if labour hadn't been so ineffective , then more people would have voted for them - that much is self-evident (same with the libdems)
It is also rather apparent,by the same token, that had the electorate been so impressed and convinced by the "economic miracle" of recovery from Dave and George , then they would have swept them into power with a convincing majority , like they did with Thatcher and Blair, but they didn't - they had the same core vote as 2010 plus 0.8% - probably a few thousand more votes, distributed in a very beneficial way.
It's not so much that they didn't want the Tories in government, but that they wanted an SNP influenced minority labour administration even less.
This election was a triumph of negative campaigning - eliminate what you want least of ,and you get what's left (to paraphrase Sherlock Holmes).

Can only agree with this.

Andy Burnham will make an awful leader of the Labour Party .
Jeez it will be like having David Miliband mark 2
Too left wing .

Some good points, but again, you are focusing on so called 'negative campaigning' as a salve to the pain of defeat. Every election I can remember has involved the successful candidate rubbishing the oppositions policies negatively; Labour under Blair managed to paint what was an economically competent government as sleaze ridden crooks (you may or may not think, justifiably), his own party at this time had changed it's methodology and appealed to the inate sense of English fair play, mostly by traducing the Conservatives, not by presenting well judged policies. Also, prior to the election I didn't hear much from Labour supporters telling us how ineffective Miliband and Labour were, this appears to have manifested itself after its' destruction in the polls.
Labour lost, fear of the SNP was indeed a factor, its' apparent ineffectuality added to the problem, but the Tories won because they are what the country wanted.

I'm amazed that some people are still moaning about the election result.
Labour were totally unelectable , with an idiot in charge and an economically inept buffoon as shadow chancellor.
Marxists and communists still talking bilge.
Get over it quickly and accept that Labour will not win power for another 10 years. Thank god.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.