The Post Transfer Deadline Day (positive) Thread

Overall the squad looks a million miles better.

What gaps there are, at full back, centre back and striker are all cover positions and we really ought to be able by now to give some of our youngsters a run out in those roles if needed.

I think we may look to buy central defensive cover in the January window, but overall very happy.

We are a bit unbalanced perhaps in players in the no. 10 position but I think we will see the benefit when the season gets to its crucial stages. Last season if Silva didn't play, our game went to pot. I don't think that will happen this season.

In the early weeks of the season I would like Guardiola to integrate Bernardo Silva into the team asap. I feel he could be the best midfielder or attacking right-sided forward in Europe. His dribbling skills are amazing and he has the ability to unlock defences.

Almost every team we play ends up deliberately or not defending the penalty area en masse. How do you break that down? You need a quick darting forward to find what little space there is: that's Jesus. And you need a player who is good one on one. That is Silva. He glides past defenders.

Now that Mendy is fit, I want to see City play with 3 forwards. First choice: Sane, Jesus and Silva but you can perm many including Aguero.

At the start of last season, I would never have predicted that we'd sign Mendy or Bernardo let alone another first-choice goalkeeper, so it'll be interesting to see how the season develops and how our targets change. Think Sanchez may face a rather difficult year at Arsenal and, thus, he may not be quite the same player or indeed personality next summer, so it might be that that ship has sailed.

I think we have had a fantastic transfer window. Sanchez would have been an incredible luxury but I have to admit I was worried about Sterling and Sane's development. We have significantly improved our defence and I would consider us title favourites if Vinnie stays fit.

Because Pep's transfer plans = selling Mangala for Evans. Tosin will still have the same future here regardless if it was Evans or Mangala or CB. Both are not exactly first team choices.

I'm not sure I follow your logic if we sell Mangala to buy Evans will make Tosin having more games. And Mangala staying makes it harder for Tosin.

I've made the logic so, so clear, so I'll just requote my original comment:

"Mangala is a guy who's obviously not good enough, makes us look a man down in possession and fucked Pep over by not leaving and allowing the Evans deal (and whatever your opinion on Evans, Pep wanted him).

Tosin is supposedly a highly rated future first team player who Pep likes and the club had to fight tooth and nail to sign a new contract."

Tosin should be ahead of Mangala.

Good window for us......to a degree,1 or 2 late shakes wouldn't have hurt us mind,but eh oh,it's City,and I'm too old now to start ranting and raving over this,but no matter how you dress it up,I can't help feeling last few days was a bit disappointing,not to mention the money lost on betting of certain individuals joining us.

Has the post mortem started yet by the way from the ITK's...............or are they banned now ? :)

I've made the logic so, so clear, so I'll just requote my original comment:

"Mangala is a guy who's obviously not good enough, makes us look a man down in possession and fucked Pep over by not leaving and allowing the Evans deal (and whatever your opinion on Evans, Pep wanted him).

Tosin is supposedly a highly rated future first team player who Pep likes and the club had to fight tooth and nail to sign a new contract."

Tosin should be ahead of Mangala.

So are you of the opinion then,that Mangala will get nowhere near the first team squad,and even less chance now as Guardiola is pissed off with him ? Or is he gonna try and teach him how to play now he is still here ?

My cat put it's foot through the TV when it heard the news..

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.