The price of fish.

If Ashton canal was polluted all the fish and crays would be dead, and it has been polluted many times previously as has the nearby river Tame. It's relatively clean nowadays pal. And eating crays and pike etc is harmless. Doesn't seem to affect the Eastern Europeans that help themselves to whatever they can catch.

As an angler I know the EA(environment agency) face an uphill battle to stop this happening, and if it wasn't for anglers, many of our UK waterways would become a cesspit of pollution like they once were.

the one i pulled out was big and about the size of my hand and it was in a bad mood, so i somehow got hold of it and put it back in the canal, but scary for the grandkids hahaha

so if you could eat them after a couple of days in detox this would have been worth eating ?? i know its a shell fish and most of it is not used or broke up for making broth, so 2 or 3 of them would make a great meal ?? sounds daft but when needs must and you get all bear grylls i would eat them hahah

the one i pulled out was big and about the size of my hand and it was in a bad mood, so i somehow got hold of it and put it back in the canal, but scary for the grandkids hahaha

so if you could eat them after a couple of days in detox this would have been worth eating ?? i know its a shell fish and most of it is not used or broke up for making broth, so 2 or 3 of them would make a great meal ?? sounds daft but when needs must and you get all bear grylls i would eat them hahah
Keep them in fresh water in the sink for 48 hours. Change the water at least twice a day. Boil in a pot for four minutes until they have stopped screaming. Serve with a nice chilled Chablis, some water cress and a little garlic butter.
Jobs a good un. ‘Le Crevisse de Manchester Ship Canal’.

Keep them in fresh water in the sink for 48 hours. Change the water at least twice a day. Boil in a pot for four minutes until they have stopped screaming. Serve with a nice chilled Chablis, some water cress and a little garlic butter.

hahahaah

its got to go on the menu at the etihad ?? fresh from the ashton canal the tourist and the hipsters would love them

Remember fishing on the Ebro and caught a bloody big catfish which threw up a right load of crayfish.

Remember fishing on the Ebro and caught a bloody big catfish which threw up a right load of crayfish.
They gorge on crays mate(as you know), and cats fuckin' stink when caught, especially when they shit. And I've been shat on several times: /

I tried trapping crays a few years ago on there. Bought a couple of traps and loaded them with cheap fish cuts from supermarket and put them out on a rope. Was hoping to BBQ them for supper.

But the river was in flood and was swelling at an an alarming rate. Set our rods 20ft higher than the waterline and chilled on our bedchairs for an overnight session. After a heavy session on the wine and beer my mates were fast asleep. I wasn't drunk and was stargazing having a spiff and listening to the cats 'clomping' on the surface. It's a sound they make a bit like banging 2 halves of a coconut shell together. They do this to scoop up smaller fish on the surface and it's a kind of therapeutic sound, especially when stoned on a pitch black starlight night.

Anyway I nodded off to sleep and was rudely awaken by a local guide we know . He had his eye on the weather forecast and feared the hydraulic dams upstream would be released of water to save a Todd brook type dam burst. Anglers in the Ebro have drowned when this has happened, out if earshot if the loud claxon they set off when releasing dam water.

He saved me and my mates from getting swept just in time as the water was already lapping at the legs of my bedchair rising 20ft in only 2 hours! I scrambled to safety just in time and my cray traps were well forgotten about!

They gorge on crays mate(as you know), and cats fuckin' stink when caught, especially when they shit. And I've been shat on several times: /

I tried trapping crays a few years ago on there. Bought a couple of traps and loaded them with cheap fish cuts from supermarket and put them out on a rope. Was hoping to BBQ them for supper.

But the river was in flood and was swelling at an an alarming rate. Set our rods 20ft higher than the waterline and chilled on our bedchairs for an overnight session. After a heavy session on the wine and beer my mates were fast asleep. I wasn't drunk and was stargazing having a spiff and listening to the cats 'clomping' on the surface. It's a sound they make a bit like banging 2 halves of a coconut shell together. They do this to scoop up smaller fish on the surface and it's a kind of therapeutic sound, especially when stoned on a pitch black starlight night.

Anyway I nodded off to sleep and was rudely awaken by a local guide we know . He had his eye on the weather forecast and feared the hydraulic dams upstream would be released of water to save a Todd brook type dam burst. Anglers in the Ebro have drowned when this has happened, out if earshot if the loud claxon they set off when releasing dam water.

He saved me and my mates from getting swept just in time as the water was already lapping at the legs of my bedchair rising 20ft in only 2 hours! I scrambled to safety just in time and my cray traps were well forgotten about!
Have you tried the oysters they serve in those shacks on the Ebro?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.