The price of fish.

Dont steer clear, just dont eat anything. The Moroccans foul hook mullet from the bridges, that in itself is a sight to behold when a 5lb mullets lands in front of you whilst you're stopped at the lights. .........its a fantastic river, i've even swam in it a few times and locals do it all the time......
I've swam in it plenty of times mate.

I recall a day in the guide's boat, myself and two mates float fishing for cats. We were getting bored shirtless watching the motionless floats in the hot sun. My mate Gaz had a new camcorder he was trying out and I suggested we stage the float going under and reeling in a big un.

I reeled in my my rod and took of the hook and trace off at the swivel. Cast it back out and then swam over to it.

Gaz had the cam at the ready and I swam down about 8 feet and pulled the float under. My mate Steve had a 'bite' and started feeling my in. I was writhing and thrashing around like a 100kg catfish would. When he dragged me back to the boat our mate(the guide) Robbie said -

"what you hook him on Steve"?.... He quipped "double meat pie!".... We were all laughing out loud. Great times: )

Yes, and there's a chicken processing plant in Tortosa and all the guts etc gets dumped in the river at certain times, the cats just sit and wait and then all hell breaks loose.
That's right. And he(guide) buys the carcasses from a chicken factory and uses them as bait. Took a while in tempting the cats upstream to cotton on to the free dinners on offer but he's bagging up on cats nowadays. They are piling weight on, and I think he's recently had a 220lb river monster on board is boat.

In upstream Meq and Caspe the cats are bigger and more prolific but they are all big greedy fat fuckers chomping on the protein rich halibut pellets at they have fed to them daily.
The cat guides up there guarantee catching a cat but they get caught so often there's not much fight in them as they are probably bored of being caught.

As for not eating anything out of there. I haven't knowingly but a few other mates have. They caught a small cat of about 3lb and a Zander and BBQd them said they were tasty to eat.

Spent 7 tears fucking about on that river with a local guide. I had a bit of a business arrangement whereby they would put groups of anglers in our farm so we got to know quite few groups, Poles ( they eat anything they catch) Russians ( they dont give a fuck about anything....) and the Brits who do everything by the book. Used to put up a group from Ginsters Pasties so we'd put our order in and a group from Urmston one of whoms wife used to go out with a mate of mine and fellow blue. ( small world). Miss that place for some reason.

I'm rather fortunate I live in Peterhead (biggest white fish port in Europe) lot of friends are fisherman so often get a fish or two so haven't paid for a fish in years.shocking read prices OP.

Once done a course in Peterhead when I was working in Aberdeen, you can't get much further north!

Father in law who is retired, now fishes the majority of the year - my freezer has a drawer of vacuum sealed fresh lake fish of several varieties

Every now & then, I like to buy Sashimi grade wild caught salmon or tuna but handful of occasions per year
I had a tuna carpaccio in Barcelona a few years at one of the Marina restaurants, not cheap but great food.

with the so called deal with europe will the price of fish and chips come down ???
boris been saying we have our fishing waters back and there will be fish o'plenty

£8 standard price of fish and chip in the north of england and manchester this is a joke

with the so called deal with europe will the price of fish and chips come down ???
boris been saying we have our fishing waters back and there will be fish o'plenty

£8 standard price of fish and chip in the north of england and manchester this is a joke
Has the price of fish and chips ever come down...??? Remember when the price of spuds sky rocketed and Chippies were serving parsnips etc etc the price never dropped when it all sorted itself out, come to think of it has the price of anything every really come down ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.