The Pro Road Cycling Thread

chesterbells said:
Nervous Nedum said:
Anybody been watching Omloop Het Nieuwsbald?

Watching it where buddy? You got a link?

I found a Sporza stream earlier this afternoon, managed to catch the last 30km. Trying to find extended highlights atm, can only find the last 10km on Youtube currently.

Meanwhile, Ian Stannard wins Het Volk and Cav wins KBK. Storey sets a new British record in the hour.

What a weekend.

It's been a great start for the season for Team Sky and the Brit contingent. Stage win and overall for Froome at Andalucia and the same for Thomas at Algarve, Standard winning Omloop, Kennaugh and Rowe looking better than they ever have. With Cav racking up wins and Cummings getting one too it's a great spell for GB. That's without the Yates brothers having really turned a pedal in any anger yet, or Dowsett for that matter.

Shands said:
It's been a great start for the season for Team Sky and the Brit contingent. Stage win and overall for Froome at Andalucia and the same for Thomas at Algarve, Standard winning Omloop, Kennaugh and Rowe looking better than they ever have. With Cav racking up wins and Cummings getting one too it's a great spell for GB. That's without the Yates brothers having really turned a pedal in any anger yet, or Dowsett for that matter.

Could have been a really, really great week if Dowsett hadn't broken his collarbone and had broken the Hour record as was planned.

Its no coincidence that Sky are now pulling up trees when under the constant overview of Sir Dave and yet the track programme is suffering a little now he isn't overlord.

Strade Bianche delivered great racing again today. If someone had never watched a bike race before Strade is the one I'd be telling them to tune in for, so entertaining.

All eyes on T-A now with so many of the big guns out to play.

Bluemoonie92 said:
what a fucking idiot!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH7HeBpPbQA&t=17[/video]

I'd read about that but hadn't seen the video before, ridiculous.

Tour Of Britain route announced yesterday. I'm pretty excited as stage four comes through my neck of the woods and I think it could be potentially a good stage. It'll be really interesting to see how the pros get on climbing Redstone Rig - on paper it doesn't look particularly taxing, but the gradient is irregular with some significantly steep sections, the road surface is quite heavy and it's exposed so the crosswinds can really blow hard. I don't know which way they turn over the top, but if they go via Longformacus that road has some steep stuff to contend with too. Should be fun.

http://veloviewer.com/segment/1336440/Redstone+Rig

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.