The Pro Road Cycling Thread

Porte has been going great guns so far no doubt about it, and that has brought added interest to the Giro build up, but I still find it hard to look beyond Contador for that one. I think given he's aiming to peak for the Giro and hold that form through to the Tour, it's surprising that Contador has been as competitive as he has thus far, and that could be ominous for his opposition as I think he will have planned his fitness to go up a few more levels yet. That's the intriguing thing of this season so far though. Aside perhaps from Quintana it's pretty difficult to gauge where any of the big names are at currently because they're all on different parabolas for their form building.

CB05SymUIAA31Tl.png:large

CB0ADVQWMAAfL-_.jpg

Matt Brammeier displaying the importance of planning in achieving ones goals.

Thats class :))

Good stuff so far, Brad very unlucky, hope he sticks in there.

Nervous Nedum said:
CB05SymUIAA31Tl.png:large

CB0ADVQWMAAfL-_.jpg

Matt Brammeier displaying the importance of planning in achieving ones goals.

I read that exchange the night before with Brammeier (his 'nobody cares it's all about kilometre 34' response to Lloyd discussing who will win the race was great too), really laughed when I saw the tweet come through saying he'd won it, man of his word eh, brilliant! GCN must be able to come up with some video around this storyline surely :D

Only saw the early stages and then the back end of the race so perhaps I missed some action but it felt a bit flat to me (mind you we've been spoiled with such good races of late that it would be hard for anything to compete). Would like to see a return for the Kapelmuur if possible.

Picking up my new road bike tomorrow afternoon, upgraded to a Giant Defy 5 for the Paris to Swansea ride Im doing in August. Feels like Christmas Eve as a kid, Im very excited.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Dowsett breaks the hour record. 33 miles in an hour. I managed 26mph for about 50 yards yesterday downhill from Toddy to Littleborough! They're fuckin' robots!!

Crazy isn't it, the speeds these can do in all terrains really are mind boggling when you stop and think about it. Dead pleased for Dowsett though, always seems to be a top guy.

Giro nearly upon us, can't wait! The big question is just how many minutes will Zakarin win by!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.