The promise that was made

Simon, I suspect some of those issues are in the mix. But it appears he felt that money could soothe his pain!

promises, promises, so really its all gary cooks fault,so says tevez's parasite well fcuk him and tevez,i've changed my mind get him out asap, cook is to blame for city not achieving champs league,then he must be to blame for robinho wanting out,the gun attack on the toga team bus,the credit crunch,not forgetting the ozone being fcuked up, oh and the snow thats on the way by thurs/friday,the parasite realises now he has no allies and will stoop to whatever measures he can to blame it on gary cook and the club,so time for this circus to end get rid and bring dzeko or torres in if possible....

Prestwich_Blue said:
Joorabchian has been mouthing off about promises made that he feels haven't been kept.

IMO this relates to the managerial situation. City players who had issues with Mancini at that time were allegedly told he would be going, then two weeks later that he wouldn't. So is this what KJ is alluding to?

No.

Doesn't stack up. Khaldoon publicly said Mancini was to continue as manager directly after the Spurs match. Mancini made equally public comments that it would be best for unhappy players to move on and that included Tevez. Tevez declined to move on and has been nothing but supportive of Mancini since then including his statement to the press.

The fact that they do not like each other is fairly obvious but pretty much irrelevant. To come out now and say I can't work with the manager which just look like the Tevez camp changing their story. Reality is if there is to be a way back for Tevez then keeping the manager out of the dispute makes perfect sense. Dragging Cook into it makes perfect sense because he doesn't work with Cook and as we all know KJ's beef is with Cook and Marwood anyway so it suits KJ and Tevez.

Cook is both the target and the fall guy and is all about KJ evening the score and screwing some money out of his prize asset. Talk about promises, contracts, one off payments is just window dressing. Settling scores and cold hard cash is at the center of this dispute and it is so fucking obvious even my dog has worked it out.

gio's side step said:
alera said:
It’s a simple fact that some people like to argue, it doesn’t matter what about. Looking at the facts and what has transpired it’s hard not to think that people going down these lines are either stupid or simply wums trying to get a rise out of the more gullible.

As I said I just find it amusing, great little angle trying to draw in the manager and board into it though.

Was that the same principle when Bellamy came all with all those nice poetically constructed rosie statements about Cook and Mancini when he went on loan to Cardiff?

Were people who saw straight through that load of PR nonsense (we do this for you Craig, you keep your mouth shut in return) all WUM's too? Jesus, I'd rather live in the guillible world. Appears much easier.

IF it is relating to Mancini, then of course the season unfolding as it has (chelsea, utd and arsenal dropping more points at this stage of the season collectively than in previous seasons and us getting right in the mix) .. has clearly made the board re-think the alleged 'promise'.

My question to the OP, is if you take this part of the quote (Kia) to be truthful,

"They wanted to wait until 1st September to address the issues he had because they wanted to concentrate on the transfer window. Through September, Carlos again began to get disillusioned because his viewpoint was it was not happening. His view was that they had agreed and spoke and promises were made to him and now the window was closed these issues were not being resolved"

Why would they say to Tevez, 'we will get rid of him but after the transfer window - when he has identified his players?' (unless it wasn't Mancini who identified them). So the alleged promise was - we will sack him in September? And Tevez merely sat waiting throughout that month?

I'm not sure it all adds up. If it is related to Mancini, I suspect it might be other issues?

I haven't seen that quote but that does add to the mystery of this.

Maybe it was a more vague promise. "If it's not happening this season we will review the coaching staff". Current results vindicate City if that's the case.

Or maybe he wanted to leave in summer because he didn't rate the manager, and was told to give him more time as he will find his feet. Maybe Tevez still doesn't rate him, hence his strops, but his results make the manager bombproof.

Or maybe it's as black and white as hard cash.

As i said earlier, I just hope all this isn't played out further in the media.

No I don't think it does and goes back even earlier to when he signed for Hughes and was probably promised a big bonus if we made the CL. Cooke sacks Hughes and Tevez doesn't agree that Mancini is the right man to get him his promised bonus, he's proved correct by a point, so he wants to leave and we're forcing him to honour his contract.

It's obvious to me Tevez thinks he is the one running MCFC and promotion to CEO/manager/player coach is all on the cards for him. Money is what he's really after and of course his huge ego, which will get us in the CL.. So I'll have to put up with the little ****

If i may my thoughts:-

1 KJ owned Ct's contract, he had a cash cow.
2 The west ham fiasco happened, he clearly had to sell his interest in CT
3 He milked one last big pay day in this deal
4 City are the biggest show on Earth for transfer dealings KJ desparate to keep his nose in the trough
5 City happy to use KJ's services
6 City "senior executives" tire of KJ and his antics and exclude him.
7 KJ not happy having lost much of his meal ticket
8 Real Madrid get stuffed by Barca
9 RM President(Perez) asks Mourinho what they need
10 Perez calls KJ
11 CT has aparently fallen out with "senior executives"

Just noted in today's statement from KJ that he says that they need to reach an amicable settlement. This could mean anything, but that might indicate a softening on his part,I'm speculating here of course.

KJ is just running a disinformation PR campaign. Chucking out loads of disparate soundbites where the club are defending it to the point of releasing Tevez, because he's more trouble than he's worth.
Pretty much the same technique he ran at United. And the City fans are falling for it.

Us being more 'financially secure' than United should really take the opportunity to turn the tables on these parasites. I think given our current status as the medias favourite whipping boys, standing up to this particular form of corruption in football would do our stock no harm in the eyes of the footballing world.

Hold him to his contract. Make him train with the reserves, whatever, just don't let these agents tactics work.

It's nothing to do with Mancini, Cooke or promises, it's KJ using a bomardment of information to unsettle the club into selling Tevez, no more, no less.

Jay said:
KJ is just running a disinformation PR campaign. Chucking out loads of disparate soundbites where the club are defending it to the point of releasing Tevez, because he's more trouble than he's worth.
Pretty much the same technique he ran at United. And the City fans are falling for it.

Us being more 'financially secure' than United should really take the opportunity to turn the tables on these parasites. I think given our current status as the medias favourite whipping boys, standing up to this particular form of corruption in football would do our stock no harm in the eyes of the footballing world.

Hold him to his contract. Make him train with the reserves, whatever, just don't let these agents tactics work.

It's nothing to do with Mancini, Cooke or promises, it's KJ using a bomardment of information to unsettle the club into selling Tevez, no more, no less.

Clearly thats exactly whats happening and I don't think City fans are falling for it one ounce.

The only debate appears to be how long we keep hiim and whether he is picked in the meantime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.