The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

KippaxCitizen said:
shemnel said:
ManCityX said:
4th would be an absolute disaster.

would it? an absolute disaster ? qualifying for the champs league is an absolute disaster? it would hardly be great since we were joint top at one point but an absolute disaster? id hate to know what collapsing and finishing 6th would be! (which we wont, i just want to know)
You don't qualify for then CL if you finish fourth though.
It means you get a extra two games in Europe.

Hopefully......

KippaxCitizen said:
shemnel said:
ManCityX said:
4th would be an absolute disaster.

would it? an absolute disaster ? qualifying for the champs league is an absolute disaster? it would hardly be great since we were joint top at one point but an absolute disaster? id hate to know what collapsing and finishing 6th would be! (which we wont, i just want to know)

well ok, you have to go into the draw for a knockout to get into the champs league groups. granted that's awkward and annoying but i still maintain 4th is not an absolute disaster.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
KippaxCitizen said:
shemnel said:
It means you get a extra two games in Europe.

Hopefully......

4th wouldnt be an absolute disaster but it would ruin my summer. The thought of City having to playing a two leg tie is scary. We would probably draw Fernerbahce.

Would we stick with substantially the existing players who had ended up 4th, or reconstruct the team and go with a team of strangers?

Although not a disaster by any means it would put us in a difficult position with bringing in top quality players who want guaranteed instant Chumps League..........this could potential delay any signing until after we had qualified outright!!

All this players won't sign if your not in top four is utter bullshit Media mind bending for the weak minded..

waspish said:
All this players won't sign if your not in top four is utter bullshit Media mind bending for the weak minded..

It does affect who you can and can't sign, the very elite player will have second thoughts.

More importantly, it will force the club to overpay in wages to convince the player to come, for us to have got the likes of Silva and Yaya we had to offer them huge money to come, same with Tevez.

For us 4th is very big problem. We could face a very tricky team that worsk really hard, has big workrate and maybe even presses us. Lesser teams can do these. If they have just one-two good players and they can work as a team we easily could be facing CL exit before it really starts.
The games against Napoli, CSKA, Ajax, we could be facing similar teams in CL qualification game.

While in early August strange things can happen, even tho usually English teams dont fuck up this round of CL. (Usually Arsenal lol.)

Btw its clear we are in a huge race for 2nd, we dropped so many points and just threw away a comfortable lead on the chasing pack. Now they (and their fans) all see a good chance to even finish 2nd if their good form continues.

I would say what I said in relation to Chelsea, that they all will drop points but so will we. We wont finish on 85 points but neither will Arsenal or United be really over 80 points.

But finishing second but on 78 points, well that hardly would make me really happy. 78 points with our squad is piss poor imo. Well still lot better than finish 4th on 74/75 points of course.

Those worried about finishing 4th and having a difficult draw have not grasped how UEFA stage manage the draw yet for us lol.

seen as we have no natural wide players, apart from navas, I think 3 -5 2 would suit as . Especially as Komapny and Mangala seem to like the od excesion into midfield. Whatever it is play a settled back line. 2 cm who are willing to run Milner and Fernadihno. and more or less a partnership upfront Ageuro and Bony.

Damanino said:
For us 4th is very big problem. We could face a very tricky team that worsk really hard, has big workrate and maybe even presses us. Lesser teams can do these. If they have just one-two good players and they can work as a team we easily could be facing CL exit before it really starts.
The games against Napoli, CSKA, Ajax, we could be facing similar teams in CL qualification game.

While in early August strange things can happen, even tho usually English teams dont fuck up this round of CL.
(Usually Arsenal lol.)

Btw its clear we are in a huge race for 2nd, we dropped so many points and just threw away a comfortable lead on the chasing pack. Now they (and their fans) all see a good chance to even finish 2nd if their good form continues.

I would say what I said in relation to Chelsea, that they all will drop points but so will we. We wont finish on 85 points but neither will Arsenal or United be really over 80 points.

But finishing second but on 78 points, well that hardly would make me really happy. 78 points with our squad is piss poor imo. Well still lot better than finish 4th on 74/75 points of course.

Add:
1. ref like the one v cksa (both legs) or roma home
2. new players so a lack of chemistry at that part of the season

to the potential difficulties of a 4th place qualifier

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.