The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

Hung said:
Can you believe that it’s even possible that we’ll finish behind Utd - I mean, can you fucking believe it? I realise that by next Sunday we could be 5 points clear of the shithouses, but equally, we could be 2 points behind them.

If we finish behind that shower, Pellegrini should resign rather than be sacked - it would be fucking shameful.

Like how City's standards is higher than the scum, as in win the title or the manager will be under threat. The scum media and fans are happy with top 4 after spending 1/4 billions! Yep we've under achieved but if we can't win the title top 2nd or 3rd is a must

waspish said:
Hung said:
Can you believe that it’s even possible that we’ll finish behind Utd - I mean, can you fucking believe it? I realise that by next Sunday we could be 5 points clear of the shithouses, but equally, we could be 2 points behind them.

If we finish behind that shower, Pellegrini should resign rather than be sacked - it would be fucking shameful.

Like how City's standards is higher than the scum, as in win the title or the manager will be under threat. The scum media and fans are happy with top 4 after spending 1/4 billions! Yep we've under achieved but if we can't win the title top 2nd or 3rd is a must

Not winning the title isn’t the end of the world in my view and Pellegrini should maybe get another year. Finishing behind Utd however, would be a resigning matter.

Hung said:
waspish said:
Hung said:

Not winning the title isn’t the end of the world in my view and Pellegrini should maybe get another year. Finishing behind Utd however, would be a resigning matter.

Why? Say we finish 3rd and the scum are 2nd apart from a few millions here is no difference what's so ever!

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
So some good results from a top 4 perspective with the dippers and Southampton losing but an expected rags win and a good Arsenal win has seen us drop out of the top 2 for the first time in a long time.

We now sit in 4th and Mondays game has become really important. Win that and we are at least 8 points clear of 5th if Spurs win and almost home and dry from a top 4 point of view.

Lose and we are still in the mix, especially if Spurs win with them still to play.

top 3 is a must so hopefully the players will raise their game and then kill the rags hopes with a derby win although they are 5/5 in the league and on a good run so that won't be easy.

At least it makes the end of the season interesting!

Apart from the game against us, Spurs have got a piss easy run in. We really can't afford to drop any points at Palace

Top 4 is looking very likely now. Liverpool might not recover from that. I don't see anyone else being able to string a good enough run together.

Top 4 isn't what we want, top 3 is. If we go ahead with all these mooted changes, they might need time to gel and one of our first tasks would be overcoming one of a strong-looking group of unseeded teams to qualify for the CL proper. If we finish 4th, it'd be shameful for this squad which may be aging but is still capable of far more than they have shown, and I think the manager would be straight out of the door.

Since Mancini came 5th in his first half season we have come 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 1st so coming 4th this year would be unbelievably poor, especially as the likely Champions are by no means that special.

In fact since we beat United in the semi final of the FA cup it has been obvious that we are the preeminent squad in the division. Despite that we have won both our titles on the last day of the season and after both victorious seasons we have performed poorly.

Why? Simple. While we have world class players in abundance we have yet to employ a manager of the same quality as Yaya, Silva, Kun and VK.

jtjacobson said:
I think the season is a disappointment if we finish any lower than 3, and even 3 is pushing it.

The season is a total disappointment. We have not challenged on any front - went out of the FA & League Cups - both at home to 2nd rate teams, have been on the back foot the entire season and remarkably, have our best run when all our strikers are out injured. We're not challenging for the title coz we are waiting for Chelsea to fook up, which they wont and City should not be in the 'race for top 4'. City should be cast iron race for the title or a very close 2nd.
As much as Mancini's last season was pitiful, at least we were challenging through to the FA Cup final.
Unless we finish at the very least, 2nd, within 1 or 2 points of Chelsea, then the season will have been a disgrace for all the money that has been spent, for all the quality that we have and for all the planning and policies that Txiki and Ferran that will have clearly failed. I want to see all the City players bleeding from all pores in these final games of the season. I want to see Pellers show some fucking emotion & passion and stop being a 'charming man'.

robbieh said:
Since Mancini came 5th in his first half season we have come 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 1st so coming 4th this year would be unbelievably poor, especially as the likely Champions are by no means that special.

In fact since we beat United in the semi final of the FA cup it has been obvious that we are the preeminent squad in the division. Despite that we have won both our titles on the last day of the season and after both victorious seasons we have performed poorly.

Why? Simple. While we have world class players in abundance we have yet to employ a manager of the same quality as Yaya, Silva, Kun and VK.

Let the flappers flap

we always knew the rags would make a better fist of it , this season , no european games and early league cup exit against the mighty MK Dons , and the turtle has had £200m of new players as well . So its a mighty fine achievement for the biggest club in the world to scrape into the champs league, and if they finish above us , i can see the open top bus reversing out and the ten million fans they get at every parade , will be out in force . (There is a lap of honour planned and a presentation at Trafford town hall if god forbid ,they ever win a derby game)
Arsenal are actually the best team we have played in the premiership this season , but the media whore will get his chav team over the line , (and they have got to be the candidate for the worst team ever to win premiership title , take Hazard out of their side and they are f*cked).
The dippers will be the perennial bottlers , Brenda must think if they win all their games until April someone will give them a trophy , not that he knows what a trophy looks like , because he has and never will win f*ck all.
If we do finish 3rd , i would say Wenger has deserved it , whilst the chavs have moaned , whinged and cheated their way to the title , its the Mourinho way , and the reason Abramovich sacked him last time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.