The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

kun said:
BenLlewellyn said:
In the games where chelsea play the 3 teams mentioned, would you rather chelsea lost so we could be possibly be back in the race for the title (bearing in mind our 'Mark Hughes form' and the 'downward spiral we've been in since Jan') or they win those matches so we can definetly be sure of second spot/ top four?

And you can't say a draw
Pains me to say it but Chelsea wins.

We cannot afford to drop out of the top 4.

If those three wins ensured our safe passage to second I would say yes but they won't.

You would have to think 6 wins from our last 9 games will ensure a top three finish maybe second.

Arsenal would need 19 points from 27 , Manure need 20 points from 27 and Liverpool 22 from 27 and all three are not very likely.

If we cannot win 6 from out last 9 with the sides we have to play then while our final points total may still be enough to finish top 3 ( 4th spot is totally unacceptable in my book ) then we probably don't deserve to represent ourselves in Chumps Legue football next season.

We have to make the play , get 27 from out last 9 and see where we finish , definitely second but who knows.

Absolutely no reason despite our dire form in the past 11 games to win all our remaining games.

BlueAnorak said:
If last 6 form presents itself till the end of the season the League table will look as follows:
1. Chelsea... (66%) = 84 points (64+20)
2. Arsenal... (83%) = 79 points (57+22)
3. Liverpool (89%) = 78 points (54+24)
4. United..... (75%) = 75 points (56+19)
5. City.......... (56%) = 73 points (58+15)
(posted on title thread but probably more appropriate here)
History isn't always a good forecast for the future.

BlueAnorak said:
If last 6 form presents itself till the end of the season the League table will look as follows:

Completely meaningless. Why last 6 games? Why not last 10 or last 12. Its using stats that presents the worst possible scenario and for some reason, blues on here are lapping it up ive seen it posted that many times.

We have the easiest run in and our rivals will be taking points off each other. Get a draw at the meccano and we will he home and dry comfortably.

Blue Mooner said:
BlueAnorak said:

Completely meaningless. Why last 6 games? Why not last 10 or last 12. Its using stats that presents the worst possible scenario and for some reason, blues on here are lapping it up ive seen it posted that many times.

We have the easiest run in and our rivals will be taking points off each other. Get a draw at the meccano and we will he home and dry comfortably.

Wenger said recently 70 points will suffice , I think this year he is being a little conservative.

76 points will see us qualify for Chumps next year without having to pre qualify , I would be shocked if we needed more.

It will look better once they play eachother starting with Dippers vs Rags next week. We win our game and one any result in that game will suddenly make us look way better in this race.

mancity1 said:
kun said:
BenLlewellyn said:
In the games where chelsea play the 3 teams mentioned, would you rather chelsea lost so we could be possibly be back in the race for the title (bearing in mind our 'Mark Hughes form' and the 'downward spiral we've been in since Jan') or they win those matches so we can definetly be sure of second spot/ top four?

And you can't say a draw

If those three wins ensured our safe passage to second I would say yes but they won't.

You would have to think 6 wins from our last 9 games will ensure a top three finish maybe second.

Arsenal would need 19 points from 27 , Manure need 20 points from 27 and Liverpool 22 from 27 and all three are not very likely.

If we cannot win 6 from out last 9 with the sides we have to play then while our final points total may still be enough to finish top 3 ( 4th spot is totally unacceptable in my book ) then we probably don't deserve to represent ourselves in Chumps Legue football next season.

We have to make the play , get 27 from out last 9 and see where we finish , definitely second but who knows.

Absolutely no reason despite our dire form in the past 11 games to win all our remaining games.

4th not good enough is a complete understatement if Everton win the Europa league

kun said:
Luckily they'll be taking points off each other:

Arsenal - Liverpool
Liverpool - United
United - Arsenal

We should comfortably manage top 4, we need to focus on holding on to top 2 or 3 to guarantee CL Group Stages.

My thoughts exactly. Either one or both of them in these matches will be dropping points.

why mate? eufa have already said if that happens england will have 5 teams in it next year. so no problem there.

mancyman said:
why mate? eufa have already said if that happens england will have 5 teams in it next year. so no problem there.
mancyman said:
BringBackSwales said:
mancity1 said:
kun said:

4th not good enough is a complete understatement if Everton win the Europa league

We get 5 spots next year if Everton were to win the Europa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.