The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

BringBackSwales said:
mancity1 said:
kun said:
Pains me to say it but Chelsea wins.

We cannot afford to drop out of the top 4.

If those three wins ensured our safe passage to second I would say yes but they won't.

You would have to think 6 wins from our last 9 games will ensure a top three finish maybe second.

Arsenal would need 19 points from 27 , Manure need 20 points from 27 and Liverpool 22 from 27 and all three are not very likely.

If we cannot win 6 from out last 9 with the sides we have to play then while our final points total may still be enough to finish top 3 ( 4th spot is totally unacceptable in my book ) then we probably don't deserve to represent ourselves in Chumps Legue football next season.

We have to make the play , get 27 from out last 9 and see where we finish , definitely second but who knows.

Absolutely no reason despite our dire form in the past 11 games to win all our remaining games.

4th not good enough is a complete understatement if Everton win the Europa league

Not true. Europa League winners get a separate place so 5 English teams would be in the CL next season

Blue Mooner said:
BlueAnorak said:
If last 6 form presents itself till the end of the season the League table will look as follows:
1. Chelsea... (66%) = 84 points (64+20)
2. Arsenal... (83%) = 79 points (57+22)
3. Liverpool (89%) = 78 points (54+24)
4. United..... (75%) = 75 points (56+19)
5. City.......... (56%) = 73 points (58+15)
(posted on title thread but probably more appropriate here)

Completely meaningless. Why last 6 games? Why not last 10 or last 12. Its using stats that presents the worst possible scenario and for some reason, blues on here are lapping it up ive seen it posted that many times.

We have the easiest run in and our rivals will be taking points off each other. Get a draw at the meccano and we will he home and dry comfortably.

I saw a table yesterday that showed 2015 games (10) that was just as bad. We were below WBA in about 7th place. 15 points from 10 games in 2015.

Stats can obviously distorted but you would struggle to find one that made our recent form look good.

cibaman said:
Blue Mooner said:
BlueAnorak said:
If last 6 form presents itself till the end of the season the League table will look as follows:
1. Chelsea... (66%) = 84 points (64+20)
2. Arsenal... (83%) = 79 points (57+22)
3. Liverpool (89%) = 78 points (54+24)
4. United..... (75%) = 75 points (56+19)
5. City.......... (56%) = 73 points (58+15)
(posted on title thread but probably more appropriate here)

Completely meaningless. Why last 6 games? Why not last 10 or last 12. Its using stats that presents the worst possible scenario and for some reason, blues on here are lapping it up ive seen it posted that many times.

We have the easiest run in and our rivals will be taking points off each other. Get a draw at the meccano and we will he home and dry comfortably.

I saw a table yesterday that showed 2015 games (10) that was just as bad. We were below WBA in about 7th place. 15 points from 10 games in 2015.

Stats can obviously distorted but you would struggle to find one that made our recent form look good.

Yep, we're 8th in the form table since the start of 2015. 22 points from 13 games. Liverpool have 33 and are top of the form table. I'm worried about that top 4 finish I must admit, and people who complain that we're criticising Pellegrini because we lost at Burnley have their heads in the sand imo.

hgblue said:
Yep, we're 8th in the form table since the start of 2015. 22 points from 13 games. Liverpool have 33 and are top of the form table. I'm worried about that top 4 finish I must admit, and people who complain that we're criticising Pellegrini because we lost at Burnley have their heads in the sand imo.
This is the form table since the murkysiders last lost;

CAR_x06UkAAzmpi.png

Not nice reading.

mancyman said:
why mate? eufa have already said if that happens england will have 5 teams in it next year. so no problem there.

ok thanks for that, had not realised; I also forgot to add that we qualify if we win the Champions League (call me optimistic!!) - btw is it an extra place for CL as well, so could potentially 6 teams from a country like England qualify for next season's CL?

Who else watched the dippers last night? Its pretty startling how much better they are at nicking a goal and retaining it than us at the mo...and they didnt exactly play great especially first half. But that 2nd half they were closing there men down quickly, werent letting them settle on the ball, most one on ones were won by liverpool, they kept a tight shape and midfield and they played and passed with pace and urgency, pretty dire when your team who last year won the league but cant compete this way lately.

jimharri said:
hgblue said:

CAR_x06UkAAzmpi.png

Not nice reading.
Pitiful

Happy Feet said:
jimharri said:
hgblue said:

CAR_x06UkAAzmpi.png

Not nice reading.
Pitiful
What's even more annoying about that is Chelsea

If only.

It's not really about the teams we have to play (look who we've dropped points to and been awful against: Burnley Hull QPR) it's more the form we're in. We could lose any of those matches the way we're playing and the way Arsenal and Liverpool have been playing in the last few months, i don't see them losing too many more games.

jimharri said:
hgblue said:

CAR_x06UkAAzmpi.png

Not nice reading.
Since the turn of the year we are lower down that that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.