The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

The fact that people say 'we've got the easiest run-in' and such statements just goes to show that the fans are as complacent about 'weaker' opposition as the players seem to have been at times.

some of our worst dross has come against the Burnley's and QPRs of the league, so our run-in doesnt matter, but our form does! and it's poor.

KippaxCitizen said:
jimharri said:
hgblue said:
Yep, we're 8th in the form table since the start of 2015. 22 points from 13 games. Liverpool have 33 and are top of the form table. I'm worried about that top 4 finish I must admit, and people who complain that we're criticising Pellegrini because we lost at Burnley have their heads in the sand imo.
This is the form table since the murkysiders last lost;

CAR_x06UkAAzmpi.png

Not nice reading.
Since the turn of the year we are lower down that that.
I wouldn't doubt it at all. We were on a great run back in mid-december, which ground to a halt with the desmond against Burnley on the sunday after Christmas. I'd guess that since New Year's day, we'd be around 11-12th in the form table.

I see Bodgers the cabbage head is trying to put pressure on us by claiming candlepool can finish 2nd..

shemnel said:
The fact that people say 'we've got the easiest run-in' and such statements just goes to show that the fans are as complacent about 'weaker' opposition as the players seem to have been at times.

some of our worst dross has come against the Burnley's and QPRs of the league, so our run-in doesnt matter, but our form does! and it's poor.

About sums it up for me as well. There's not a team in the top two divisions I'd be confident of beating at the moment. All you have to be is organised in defence and possessed of a bit of pace up front and we fold like a cheap card table. Pellegrini has got 9 games to sort this fucking mess out, but nothing about his recent post match statements gives me any confidence that he will

Form is temporary. Our form will improve I'm sure. In a couple of games these Ron tables could look completely different.

I think the fact others have to play each other will probably pull us through, they can't all win every game

1st thing we have to do is beat WBA on Saturday then things we looks a bit better

Last March/April we dropped points in 3 games out of 4, the dippers won all of theirs in the same period.

Form can change.

onceabluealways said:
I think the fact others have to play each other will probably pull us through, they can't all win every game

This may be true but overlooks the fact that at the moment WE don't look like we can win ANY game!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.